Just marathoned the Captain America trlogy. You first avenger really is the best of the three

Just marathoned the Captain America trlogy. You first avenger really is the best of the three.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lodrmrkjYMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>first avenger really is the best of the three.

Reminded me of Brisco County Jr. with the sci-fi weapons meets WW2, though Wolfenstein makes more sense.

Also I like Winter soldier better, but FA has the GOAT Cap suit

idk man, Winter Soldier feels like a universally solid movie that most people would enjoy whereas First Avenger just feels like a really solid but standard-fare comic book movie.

D R O P P E D

>a movie with two first acts is solid

it was shit just on that, let's not even go into the other problems

learn some film

You are correct, OP. Far and away the best. Truest to cap, best directed, comfy adventure, best antagonist. WS is massively overrated, and not actually good. Cap got cucked out of a third movie too, CW is a joke.

all three are kino. better than tdk trilogy.

This. Cap trilogy is far better and more consistent. DK 1 AND 2 were good but the third was utter trash. DK2 doesn't hold up well these days either.

>2 and 3 kino
>with the cinematography of a prescription drug commercial

What is You First, Avenger?

>says cinematography unironically

kys faggot

>I'm such an expert on cinema!

Shut up moron.

>DK1
>DK2

The fuck is this supposed to mean, and who would use it "ironically"?
Wanna tell me to turn my brain off next?

>Expert
What a childish response.

Sorry for triggering you dweebs, but whomever i replied to does have a point in that flaws and all they're still better than TDK flicks.

you sound like a pretentious virgin cunt.

> These are the people your posting with
Just think about that

You might be the first person to have used the word marathon properly on /t/.

You sound like a true cineaste and aesthete to boot.

Yea no, Bump for discussion of how GOAT TWS without idiots derailing this thread

nerd faggots leave now

It was the only one that felt like a true comic book movie

see

No, the Winter Soldier was an actual political thriller so i understand why it was to deep for most people used to cape shit

>this autism

Normal people rate a movie based on how they enjoyed it, not by how well it fits into some autistic formula

I love the first because it's an 80's PG-13; it's bloody as shit.

>First Avenger is the best

Well duh

then go rate movies on facebook you retard

Forgot the picture

Oh look another """"expert"""""
fucj off

What the fuck are you talking about? Are you retarded?

I like winter soldier but first avenger just has a certain feel about it. Like when MCU was just starting out there wasn't that high expectation for to succeed. It could be its own thing. Its just a comfy movie. Hugo Weaving was pretty great as red skull.

That last one is also Avengers 3, just sayin'.

>it's comfy
>it's fun
>i like it personaly

jesus christ Sup Forums is the only board who is legit proud of being a total pleb

He's a millenial that wasnt actually alive at any point during the 80s

Not that user but he is right, a little before your time, but it did capture the spirit of 80s and early 90s adventure films, with a tinge of of the sinister as they were wont to include.

Also best girl Peggy

Name some of these great PG-13 adventure films from the 80s, person that was born after 1989.

>person that was born after 1989.

Why are you forcing this so hard? You're 19 so we're all 19?

Legend, The Rocketeer, Willow, The Shadow, Goonies, the list goes on

The Rocketeer was PG, you dumb pleb. I saw that movie in the theater. You didn't.

Ok buddy, good for you.

Willow was also PG, so was Goonies.

Awesome work, user. Totally disproved my point that The First Avenger is reminiscent of action adventure films from the 80s and early 90s bc it's PG-13 and not PG. I don't know what I was thinking.

First Avenger: How the fuck do the Nazi's/Hydra have better tech in the 40's then they do in the 2010's? It would have been better as a regular, gritty war movie. Not Cap fighting Nazi's with laser beams.

Winter Soldier: Fucking epic film. Great political thriller, action, story, etc.

Civil War: Basically Avengers 3, not really a Cap movie. Shit villain with a shit plan. Cap and Tony taking full retard sides over accords that we know nothing about. Editing and color correcting vomit inducing. In the end, everyone is split up, but they're still kind of buddies so nothing changed. Worst movie of the year.

>all this butthurt

bump

this guy gets it

this

lol just no

Only good score out of all of them too

youtube.com/watch?v=lodrmrkjYMM

First avenger is absolutely awesome until he gets in the plane to actually go do something, then it turns into badly done cheesy shit

Contrary to most of Sup Forums, I think the MCU is actually really fucking genius, and it's a shame most people won't realize this until it's over. What was so brilliant was how phase one introduced three very different people from very different worlds (and Hulk) who were each heroes in their own ways. The Avengers brought them together in a way that was natural and necessary and showed how well they could work together and help people. Phase two then did something that very few films, let alone super hero films, tend to do at all. They showed how our heroes and their worlds reacted to a post-Avengers world. Tony has anxiety and identity issues from flying into space to nuke an alien fleet. Thor has to learn to be a leader and force his brother and himself to accept responsibility for their actions. Cap was able to expose the modern government for the corrupt machine it was by reminding everyone of the values he and countless others once fought for. Guardians went to prove how even people literally light-years away could still be affected by the events of a select few. Age of Ultron along with Civil War highlighted how these extraordinary individuals handled threats that came not from outside forces, but from within the team itself, and the rest of phase three serves to introduce new heroes, showing that even without the ones we've come to know, there will always be people to step up and be heroes. I know it sounds I'm some Marvel shill trying to convince people their silly super hero movies are actually intelligent and unprecedented cinematic experiences, but you gotta understand that this comes from the heart.

>go to see captain america in theaters
>he finally fucking gets his powers to save us from this total fucking borefest
>montage

I fell asleep before the end so I don't even know who the villain is.

>someone born in 1990 is 19

I FUCKING WISH REEEEE

All 3 are shit

The key point is that they took their time. Instead of rushing The Avenger a la JL, they allowed every character to grow before bringing them together. Whatever else you have to say about the MCU they have done this well

thats some tasty pasta you got there

>all three are Kino
Explain

Well TWS is a deep political thriller and civil war has philosophical issues or moral

>dat red dress scene
diamonds every time

>I've seen an mcu movie more than once

lyl

>what is a webm

Shill harder bros

> I watch the moving picture jew

Freshly made, just for you

I prefer Winter Soldier. The one on one fights scenes are my personal favorite.

They are all jewish in Hollywood. I'm shocked that you simply don't assume it from the start.

>First Avenger: 6/10
>WInter Soldier: 7/10
>Civil War: 5/10

>Batman Begins: 7/10
>TDK: 8.5/10
>TDKR: 7/10

Objective rankings by capeshit standards, thanks for your time

I liked Winter Soldier more. This was a really good action movie, even that he holds a shield all the time was not ridiculous, also the "empty parking lot" style fit that movie better than "Civil War".

Why would you think someone needs to rewatch an entire movie just to see a particular scene?

>>TDKR: 7/10
Hahahahahahaha! 3/10 at best. Your others are higher thsn should be too but this was the terrible one

I find Thor's first movie to be my favorite. It's got this nice light hearted feel that you don't have to think too much about. I get what they're trying to do with Captain's movies, and I put Cap's well above the Iron Man trilogy, but it's reaching for something more than being a comic book movie at times. And it just shouldn't.

The only good Iron Man film was the first one, and even it was weak. I get that it kicked things off, but I don't think it holds water against the first Thor move, any of Captain's movies or any of the Avenger's movies. I don't think they knew what they were yet with Iron Man and it shows.

The Hulk movie is easily the weakest of all, however, and the new Hulk in the Avenger's is a superior rendition in every possible way, Norton's Banner was embarrassingly bad.

The two Avenger's movies are decent fuck shit up films with lots of brawn but no brains of Cap's movies or the humor of Thor.

Loki remains the only decent villain in the movies (The Purple man being the only other one, as he single handedly saved the Jessica Jones series). And he is really the only reason to watch Thor 2, every time he's on screen with another actor he brings out the best in them. Loki is almost a detriment to the second Thor film because he so easily steals the show, even if the Dark Elf leader had been decently written (in the comic's he's essentially Marvel's Joker) he'd have been competing with a villain (Loki) that we have much more investment in.

As for DC's old Batman trilogy? I'm sorry. Begins is a boring slog with few redeeming qualities. Dark Knight manages to be even more dull, with decent actors giving absurd performances. The film is only saved by Ledger dragging the film single handedly out of mediocrity into dazzling success. The third film is so embarrassed to be a super hero movie that it refuses to pull its head out of its own ass and realize no one wanted to watch cripple batman.

First Avenger: 7.5/10
Winter Soldier: 8.5/10
Civil War: 7/10

Batman Begins: 7,5/10
The Dark Knight: 9/10
The Dark Knight Rises: 4/10

Fixed that for you. Nigger.

>trying to do with Captain's movies

Not being critical or facetious, but what's the deal w/ this phrasing, i've seen it before: calling Captain America "Captain." Not like, interpersonally, but as you used it, "Thor, Iron man, and Captain." for example. It's like a first name? Are you American or is it a foreign thing?

>First Avenger: 7.5/10
>Winter Soldier: 6.5/10
>Civil War: 6/10
>Batman Begins: 7.5/10
>The Dark Knight: 6.5/10
>The Dark Knight Rises: 4/10

I got you, pham

Because I was too lazy to type out Captain America repeatedly, so I settled for Captain. Cap works too I suppose. There's no reason to it beyond laziness in my case.

>actual, somewhat in depth discussion of Marvel movies without devolving entirely into ">capeshit" and DC vs Marvel shitposting
Who are you and what have you done with Sup Forums

>>First Avenger: 6/10
>>Winter Soldier: 8/10
>>Civil War: 8.5/10
>>Batman Begins: 7.5/10
>>The Dark Knight: 6.5/10
>>The Dark Knight Rises: 3/10

I agree with you on the third movie. They had too much going on in such a short span of time. It made it really choppy and distorted. They should have left out the other avengers. It should have been Steve and Sam searching for Bucky. Then King Shakaka getting blown up. Enter Black Panther and have him hunt Bucky thinking he was responsible, while Steve and Sam are looking for him. Have them all meet up and fight it out by themselves. Then figure out it was Zemo all along, come together and try and find him and avenge Shakakas death. Cut to the end where everybody is in Wakanda for nu King Shalakas crowning. He invites them to stay to make up for trying to kill them, they decide to stick around because random governments are still searching for the Wiener Soldier. Thus setting up the Black Panther solo film. With the promise that any one of the Captain America people could show up in it.

The civil war idea is awesome but it should have been jammed into this movie. It needed more of a set up in my opinion. It seemed very rushed to me.

>The civil war idea is awesome but it SHOULDN'T have been jammed into this movie. It needed more of a set up in my opinion. It seemed very rushed to me.

Sorry for that confusing typo.

that actually does sound better

It's a fair enough argument. In a way it deserves its own Avengers Trilogy to fully flesh it out.It would have to be post infinity war to really work and have the space it needs to breathe.

This. I loved First Avenger but the rushed ending and the wasting of the Howling Commandos and not giving Red Skull more screen time ruin it.

TWS is Marvel's best film and the only film that doesn't rely on silly jackass humour

Civil War is better than it has any right to be but feels like an Avenger 2.5 movie moreso than Iron Man 2 since it focuses on so many characters.