Do people still really think this show is the greatest ever...

Do people still really think this show is the greatest ever? Maybe it was "groundbreaking" in the late 90s when it's only competition in the TV drama stakes was shit like Law and Order and The X Files, but TV has evolved so much since then.

Compare an episode of this to an episode of something like Breaking Bad and you'll realise how dated this show is.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Bgi3z4M-Mo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Compare an episode of this to an episode of something like Breaking Bad and you'll realise how dated this show is.

This is when the bait becomes too obvious. It was good up til them though.

low quality bait

You don't have to bait, you could start an unironic Sopranos thread, it's fine

It was the term dated that did him in. Now he'll never get a Watch it Chrissy pepe

This

I meant that cinematography-wise, Breaking Bad shits all over The Sopranos. Not baiting, just stating.

The only things you could make a believable case for being better would be The Wire and Mad Men.

Breaking Bad was very flashy.

Sopranos in the later seasons was very matter-of-fact. Not overstated.

It's funny because I was on Sup Forums 10 years ago and back then people felt the same way about The Sopranos that they did about Breaking Bad, that it was lowest common denominator trash, and that Dexter was a superior show.

nah

what's so supposedly good about Sopranos? is it just le epic gangster wish fulfillment like Scarface and Godfather?

Having a giggle mate?

If you have to ask, you don't belong on this board. Come back later.

It's the opposite. It's about how emotionally crippled these supposed "gangsters" are and how that leads to a toxic family life.

It's the opposite of Scarface in that everything is boring and miserable.

It's a great series.

And The Americans, but you faggots can't be bothered to watch that show.

Sopranos > The Wire > Deadwood >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Breaking Bad

that's just how it is

When debating best shows of all time, there's the Sopranos, the Wire...and then there's everyone else

>you faggots

You're not special user, dont be so pretentious. Yes, many of us fans of the Sopranos and Mad Men also enjoy the Americans, it's excellent.

Deadwood?

When you're ready, Mad Men awaits. (No guns though fyi)

Pls b memeing me

I understand that Dexter wasn't really in a position to be considered trash by 2007, but saying Dexter is better than the Sopranos is something I'd expect my 16 year old self to do

Give it a try,what is the worst thing that can happen?

Hopefully. I've always put it off, and I assume I'll enjoy when I finally watch it 10 years from now

Possibly. I gave it one watch, hasn't resonated as well with me as the other two. But the other two took a couple of watches, so I assume Deadwood will be the same

>Mad Men

That's correct. Your reading comprehension game is off the chain. Meme game, lacking.

At the time it was fresh and exciting, and Sup Forums regarded that to be enough criteria to hold it above The Sopranos.

what do you mean cinematography-wise?

DUDE IT LOOKS PRETTY AND SYMMETRICAL LMAO

The Holy Trinity:
>The Sopranos
>Mad Men
>The Wire
>Deadwood

Great:
>The Shield
>Six Feet Under
>Friday Night Lights
>The Leftovers

Mostly Good:
>Oz
>LOST
>Battlestar Galactica
>Boardwalk Empire

Overrated shit:
>Breaking Bad
>House of Cards
>Walking Dead
>Game of Thrones

Do you guys think Tony paid his taxes? I mean he's bigshot mafia, he could probably weasel himself out of it using his connections.

there isn't a lot of the gangster shit in the series. I mean, sure they make buisness, colections etc. but murders and shooting are rare.
Most of the show is characters developments which is great

Yes, thus the sanitation job.
Oh, this is that hot new meme. I have been had.

You've been taxed!

>Trinity
>Four

>house of cards
>breaking bad
I agree it's overrated but it's not the same garbage tier as GoT and WD

Why do people think The Sopranos is better than The Wire?

Season 4 of the Wire is better than any season of Sopranos

Depending on what happens in the last season, The Leftovers might jump up there with the big boys for me.

maybe cause this isnt reddit

hit that back button a few times fella

Sopranos is broader in scope for one. It's about a lot of stuff. Family, infidelity, raising children, mental illness, masculinity, nostalgia, even before the crime related aspects. The Wire is incredible, but the scope more specialized, the war on drugs.

You'll say the same about breaking bad in ten years time, maybe even five

Comparing a Michael Bay tier action/twist Breaking Bad to a masterfully crafted drama is not a valid comparison.

Season 4 of the Wire is the worst season of the show by far, but I don't believe it's better than any season of the Sopranos.

The first 3 seasons of BB had potential, but my god did it just go off the rails.

>watches mad men once

What kind of crack you smoking? The Wire seasons are ranked 4 > 1 > 3 > 2 > 5, this is undebatable.

Madonn', this thread looks terrible!

you clearly haven't watched the show because it has aged like wine.

UP

Kek

>it's an user is a gangster episode

>the wire
my man

>deadwood
>same group as Sopranos/Wire

O I'm laffin

Hardly any of his income was on the books.

It's like you didn't even watch the show

Add Rome, Fargo and True Detective season 1 to great. Replace Mad Men With Twin Peaks and you are all good.

Also The Leftovers if it has a great final season could be up there with the big boys.

>strong silent type

imo Deadwood belongs in a caste of its own between Holy Trinity and Great, maybe What Could Have Been tier. what we got from it was fantastic, but it could have been so much more.

>Fargo
>Replace Mad Men

Get out, zitifag.

season 1 and 2 is god tier, the rest is shit

This one scene alone shits all over Breaking Bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=8Bgi3z4M-Mo

when I heard Stranger Things poached that exact music cue for one of their scenes I fucking lost it

IN

at least he's not artie

tbqh Bobby was one of the most heart-warming characters in the movie.
Artie was an idiot with hot wife

Artie was objectively one of the best human beings on the show through virtue of him being a legitimate businessman

Fuck off, mate.

Where's the shot of Tony tripping in Vegas?

THE

nah he would go also the bad way, but he knew he was to weak for that

As soon as it started playing I was pissed. Because normies will continuously praise the show, when The Sopranos did it first. And Chase was sincere in its use. Stranger Things wasn't.

oh another ' let me tell you how it was' post

who says it's the greatest show ever...?

Not even close senpai. 2 > 1 > 3 > 5 > 4

>hasn't watched X Files
Opinion discarded

>it's an character that you want to kill so badly episode

Janice is one of the most kino characters you video game swilling pleb.

An

L2enlish bro!

how could you be so callous?

she was the biggest hipocryte and parasite in whole series
>that romance with aprile and talking him into being a boss
what do you expect from a hippie leftist cunt

Can someone give me a quick rundown on why BB is bad? Only watched S1

That's not Tony. Are you telling me that you like those greaseball guido that weigh on average 300 pounds?

Gangsters who are cowards that will shoot people in the back, because they can't take on people 1v1, and will murder you for setting a horse on fire.

a bad person doesn't mean a bad character

it's not a bad show, it's just not special in any way

It was meant in terms of being annoying as fuck not that the character/acting was bad

I watched it for the first time just a couple of months ago. It's a fantastic, engrossing show. Shows what happens when you have writers that actually care about their craft and have a genuine experience with the subject material.

Breaking Bad was great while it lasted, but I dunno. Looking back it seems kind of soap opera tier at times.

One thing I do want to point out is that I fucking despise AJ with all my heart, and I hope the last scene of the show included him in it.

The "hot pocket" video game sensibilities exude from its every pore. Literally cheeto dust: the show.

Do you mean that it's what basement virgins find "dramatic" and "cool"

Breaking bad is good but its the Red Lobster shrimp scampi to the Sopranos's Crablegs

If breaking balls is such a big part of being a gangster, why are they always so offended whenever it happens? They all dish it out, but they can never take it.

BB is a superbly-crafted crime drama, it just doesn't really exceed that. which is fine in its own right, but imo not enough to qualify it as one of television's supreme masterpieces.

Breaking Bad is a thriller. I watched it live from the first season. I remember picking it up because of Hal. Anyway, it was an incredible experience to watch live. But I haven't looked back at it so fondly after you know the ending.

That's what cracks me up. Chris' intervention - we can go toe-to-toe on that!

They started to pander to retards on later seasons.

Funny how they also gossip like housewives, like Ginny' Sack's mole.

Why are surprised that sociopaths are hypocrites?

Video game playing basement virgins. Capeshit chugging normie plebes. It is a show that appeals to infantilized, immature and unsophisticated. Wherever those characteristics may be found. To embrace breaking bad is to reject adulthood.

The Wire also deals with addiction, education, the working class, the government, homelessness, and the media. The Wire has an incredibly wide scope and focuses on multiple subjects.

I was on the edge of my seat when I first watched the Mexican brothers trying to kill Isaac Schrader, but in hindsight it seems like one of the dumbest moments in television history.