Is he The One ?

Just realized Altuve has 1250 hits at 27 yrs old.

Pete Rose (#1) had only 1109 at this point in his career.

Derek Jeter (#6), had 1199

Does Altuve have a shot at 4256?

No.

No. Because that midget won't play long enough to get there.

t. ass-hurt tall guys

No, because Rose was horseshoe at the end of his career. No team will play a sub-replacement level player long enough

he needs 200 hits every year for 15 yrs so almost certainly not. doesnt matter its an incredibly overrated autistic stat
pretty much, he was actually a sub-replacement player the entirety of his career after he left the Reds initially, which was 9 entire seasons

>No. Because that midget won't play long enough to get there.

I don't know.....I think baseball players are like dogs....the little ones last way longer than the big ones. Altuve could probably play til he's 45. Ichiro is still going at age 44...and he has 4358 combined hits between Japan and MLB. I think Altuve has a shot at it if he stays healthy and is willing to play into his early 40s.

One thing to take into account is that the Astros are an offensive powerhouse and will remain so for years. That lineup beat the 2 best bullpens in baseball and it turns over a lot...

Who led the MLB in total Plate Appearances this year?

1. Springer
2. Altuve
3. Bregman
4. Correa
(I'm not making this up)
5. Gurriel
6. Reddick

Altuve is going to get a lot of chances to get hits.

They also play in the AL West, which let's face it is horrendous, especially in terms of pitching. He is going to get a lot of hits the next 4-5 years, possibly averaging 220+.

GODtuve will become the GOAT pure hitter. I've been saying it for a while

>getting lots of hits in a bite sized domed park with a bunch of random walls jutting out to ward off outfielders that aren't accustomed to them
truly impressive

Rose played until he was 45.

Anyhow the key is consistency and staying healthy, A-Rod appeared to be a shoe-in to break the HR record but he ended up shortly below 700.

The fuck do you have Rose up there Ichiro is the hits leader

Didn't you hear Manfred? We don't have to give a shit about anything asian regarding baseball until 2018

He needs to stay healthy, his TEAM needs to stay healthy. Being a 2B and not taking tons of BB will help this. He's in the best situation possible for his age to break the record.

>A-Rod

He was also despised by teammates, taking loads of steroids, prone to injury because of steroids, and not in a favorable lineup/division/location/ballpark... he had a lot working against him, actually. And the only reason he got to that point was all the PEDs he was on to begin with.

>Ichiro is the hits leader

Yea, because Japanese pitchers- the few that have been brought over- have done REALLY WELL this year in the MLB.

Japan is like AAA to the MLB....Altuve didn't even play AAA. Skipped right past that chit.

>People still think ichiro wouldnt have raped the league early in his career
delusional

>will remain so for years
If you are not constantly improving/changing, you will be exposed.

Look at what happened to the cusbs

If Ichiro had come over earlier he would've had the best chance. I think it's a breakable record though. Altuve could do it but it's too early to say.

It'll have to be a great hitter who comes up in his teens and has perfect health. Altuve came up at 21. Someone like Robles, Vlad Jr, or Acuna is where Is put my money on

>4358 combined hits between Japan and MLB
I am so tired of people bringing up his Japanese hits like they matter

you shut your whore mouth, ichiro is a god

assuming health, mike trout will be pushing 1400 hits at 27 lel

>averages 1.1 hits/game
>assume he plays 162 games (he's never played over 159)
>he will have ~180 hits
>he is currently at 1040

at BEST he's at 1220, he also entered the league 1 season earlier than altuve, and unlike altuve (who has been injury free), trout is already breaking down

screencap this, Trout doesn't reach 1200 hits this next season

>already slowing down
>already seriously injury prone
yeah...no

>le steroid man holding up
Naw

Heavy PED usage will accelerate his decline.

Altuve never gets injured though. Heavy PED guys usually break down frequently, Trout for example.

>He needs to stay healthy, his TEAM needs to stay healthy.
Houston has some of the best medical staff, and AJ Hinch has commented before that their trainers are a large part of why they've been as healthy as they have been during the 2017 season. He even joked that baseball may eventually come down to who has the better trainers/medical staff.

Big fat sluggers get back problems and other issues. 2ve will be goat for a while, get used to it.

look at that fucking ugly eyeball get that pterygium removed u fucking dirty spic

Being a manlet mesomorph is literally the best body type. Less likely to be injured or snap bones. Tall people rarely become super old. Look at Ichiro. Still going at 45.

I bet you cry yourself to sleep every night for being 5'11

Trout doesn't hit 28 until August in the season after next

How the fuck is Trout slowing down? He just had the best season of his career, and he's not injury prone? He's had literally one injury and it was for 50 games out of 6 years?

not him but for some reason it does seem like hes missed more games than that....hmm weird