Why do so many NFL fans act surprised when a big injury happens?

I mean, you KNOW what fucking game you're watching. Several horrific injuries per season is the norm, not the exception.

Fucks up their fantasy lineup.

Because they expect invincibility. You see all that protective gear? How could anybody possibly get injured wearing all that?

Why do people act surprised when a car crash happens? They statistically happen all the time, its the norm, not the exception.

>mfw trying to figure out whether or not this is a sound analogy

OP here. I should have clarified. True, the initial reaction to injury/car crash is perfectly understandable. I meant that many NFL fans continue to act shocked about it hours or days later, as if it was inexplicable.

im not surprised just disappointed. really killing the product....but fuck them though the whole league is filled with whiney millionaires

People don't get hurt in every car crash.

this

people don't get hurt every time they take a hit in the NFL either

What millionaires in any profession aren’t whiners?

90% of injuries are caused by the turf

For Green Bay they do.

I honestly don't see fans continuing to act shocked about it. Most people are naturally surprised when it happens, but the vast, vast majority of NFL fans understand its an inevitable part of a contact sport.

no they don't. wtf are you talking about

people enter grieving mode when impact players suffer serious injuries or when especially grotesque injuries occur, but nobody acts as if it's "inexplicable"

Virtue signalling

Car crashes happen exponentially less, that's a terrible analogy. You don't have a 4 percent chance of a car crash.

"What a horrific injury! Man, this sport is brutal... I don't know if I should be watching it." (five minutes later) "Gonna be a great game tomorrow!"

don't hear this shit from hockey players

OP said a big injury, not just an injury that keeps them out for one game. And while car crashes do happen less to any single car, there are so many more cars driving than players playing football that it evens out. # of times a car crash happens that you are aware of isn't that different from # of big injuries.

The reason nfl season has only 16 games is because they wouldn't have any player left in the roster if they doubled it

stupid sport, that young houston quarterback everyone was excited to see playing is now out of the season, and next game they'll lose other player, then next game another one, it's just a dumb form of sportive competition to follow

this

football, as it exists today, is untenable in the long run now that players are getting too fast and too strong. reform is necessary, but it will turn off millions of fans due to a perception of "pussy-fying" the sport. the NFL is fucked either way desu

Not if they start bringing in high school kids.

Lmao you don't have a 4% chance of getting in a wreck what does the quantity of cars/players have to do with it? If you could somehow live in a world where it was acceptable to get in a car with a 4% chance of crashing it wouldn't be nearly as shocking when it happened.

Africanization, people think is normal to jump around now when they laugh becauese they have seen the monkeys doing it.
Even when someone has had an injury, the vain negro "brain" tries to be the protagonist