Why did Disney think this would be a good character?

Obviously it's a Yoda ripoff, but there's literally nothing good about it.

a fucking grapefruit
WTF were they thinking, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Agreed user. Perhaps the most disappointing character. Couldn't be a more obvious Yoda replacement if they tried. Middle of the road design. Her running a cantina did nothing except give us the obligatory cantina scene. The use of CGI mo-cap was disappointing and her 'feel the force' moment was really forced

Like most things in JJ's movies and shows this character was completely superfluous and could be taken out with no real harm to the plot.

>b-but muh lightsaber!

Even more retarded than the map that ostensibly led to luke.

Everything about this movie was fucked user.

Did she died?

I don't remember it

Its Hillary.

Female Yoda.

Not every old character it's Yoda rip off.

It was extremely quirky but it was ok, and I obviously expected it to be a macguffin, what else could they do.

Nope, I think.

TFA was a fun movie but it and the rest of the sequels can't possibly be as good as the original trilogy

Disney has never taken a risk. All of their movies are safe

>short
>meme color
>quirky XD
>guides the MC
>says superfluous long winded shit
but it's not a Yoda ripoff guys!

Shieeeeeeeet So more grand mothmaaaaa or whatever is her name?

endless crap

well hellooooo beautiful

>I like that Wookiee

wdsmbt?

awkward moment

and she talking like a mum and doing that stupid thing of looking the eyes with his Lents

why she didn't die crushed by that fucking castle?

>meme color.
???

That's every older character in any story fucking ever, besides the memecolor, cause I don't know what that means.

This it's star wars dude, you gonna tell me Greedo was better than that?

greedo is a character that lasts like two minutes

ok I think your comparison it's not valid

How is character building relevant in blockbusters?
The flick made $2bn, mission complete.

>Her eyes look like anuses

GRAND MOTHMA

lmao

woah more.

You clearly are not aware of how much greedo shit I have seen over the years.

>protip, to many.

>we need another wise Yoda character
>but it can't be male
>she needs to be a tough smart woman
>and she should be ethnic
>but not too ethnic
>and she should be a super bad ass
>she is gonna be awesome

Clearly she's the Magical Negralien trope jammed in to give pixie girl an injection of character development.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro

butt hole eyes

Yoda's race aren't racist, they have black versions also.

>Not every old character it's Yoda rip off
But this one clearly is. It's not even like the writers are hiding it.

I'll like to see that.

Maybe if you live 600 years and know Yoda you come to admire and imitate the little green old man, that likes groping and talking backwards.

They didn't. TFA production was a fucking mess, nobody knew what the hell they were doing. Fortunately they had Disney's huge media empire and social media as back up

I liked it.

>Did she died?
Shut the fuck up retarded nigger

Kill yourselves.

no u

Han fucked her long ago, right?
That's implied in their conversation. Or am I off on this?

She says Chewbacca is her boyfriend. But he's a married wookie.

>Yoda's race
Yoda is the only individual of his race known to have ever existed. Dude is weird.

No, there is Yaddle. The other Jedi master.

Haha, she got friendzoned by Chewy

Disney exec: We have this new character who's clearly a Yoda ripoff, so we need to make her stand out more so she doesn't seem like a cut-paste... any ideas?

Other Disney exec: Wait... Yoda is 900 years old, right? So let's make her 1000 years old lmao! She's even older than him, now Yoda is basically a ripoff of her!

Disney exec: Brilliant! *does coke*

>Yaddle

Totally forgot she existed.

Are you a filthy cuck or a filthy nigger?

Kill yourself casual.

>Yaddle
Fucking prequels! So they had two Jedi Masters of the same species and they never bothered figure out where the fuck either of them were from.

Well, no it's like Mario. The race is called Yoda. Their last names are Yoga, kind of like how Sikhs take the last name Singh. There is Yoda Yoda and Yaddle Yoda.

Please don't confuse me with your parents.

The original name for the character was Chocolate Starfish.

What?
You're the one who wants nigger yoda. So which is it user?

Underrated

Not even those guys user. They're fictional characters get a grip son.

If I remember right they did a ton of shit with the actress but ended up cutting as much as they could because it was terrible

She was based on some teacher who used to molest JJ Abrams in school

like what was cut? i want to laugh

How is she a Yoda ripoff? all she says is like 2 things about the force and runs a bar.....

Hah.

You know what JJ really wanted...

did she died or what

of dehydrations

holy shit this is an article with a fucking opinion to tell you. comparing it to the oldest revisions and fuck has it been edited hard. was adding a reference and facetious definition of 'white guilt' REALLY necessary?

you're assuming that she does not have an importance to the plot of the trilogy

Empire:
>Yoda acts like a clown, then reveals himself to be wise with the force
>Maz katana? acts like a clown, then reveals herself to be wise with the force

it's like poetry so that it rhymes.

The reshot most after rewriting a lot of the scenes but I never saw any of the cut footage.
Even JJ came out against her at the time, now she's in Broadway.

Still don't know how she won the Oscar for crying for five minutes in 12 Years, she never panned out

we may have gone too far in a few places

prequel yoda a shit

>watch TFA
>whole movie exits my head before the credits even start rolling
>no idea who domnhall played, who this was, or who phasma was

I'm kinda convinced I didn't even actually see it.

HES GOT A HEAD LIKE A FUCKING WHAT?

I had a similar experience with Rogue One.
>Ok, so the main one is Jyn
>Look, there's the shithead Obi Wan kills at the bar!
>Eh, I'm not quite catching the the name of these guys
>Oh they're all going to die from the deathstar, aren't they.

Totally disposable characters. I kind of like it. No loose ends.

The plot in Episode 7 doesn't matter
Nothing about it matters it was just an excuse to sell star wars brand.

You're assuming she does.

>combining the wide old sage character with a seedy smuggler character
What the fuck were they thinking?

they were thinking retards would lap it up even if it was prequel quality and they were right

>1000 years old
>wise as fuck
>running a shitty bar out in east-bumfuck sector of the galaxy

What's with episode VII and people being such fucking losers? Not just this talking beef jerky, but also Ren being poor as fuck and earning a living with scrap metal while she has mad force and piloting skills. You'd think she'd be able to use her talents a bit better.

she had a great role in The Phantom Menace

>we want a yoda except make it sound asian

lmao

this, his scenes in Empire are /maximumcomfy/ and the fact that we know so little about him only that he's extremely wise and powerful while still a funny old muppet thing is what made him so endearing.

then Lucas made him CGI and gave him a lightsaber. If they were just making the prequels now and they hadn't come out yet we'd be joking about how that's what they'd do to Yoda, but George wasn't even following trends when he did that. He was just a mad man

>the fact that we know so little about him only that he's extremely wise and powerful
You can derive more than just that. For example, Yoda is hiding because he's living alone in an offputting swamp planet in the middle of nowhere and doesn't reveal his real identity at first. When you contrast this with the fact that he's supposed to be wise and powerful, you can tell that something went real bad for him to end up like this.

or something went really right, he seemed happy just cooking shitty soup for Luke and fucking with R2-D2. He felt like a Tom Bombadil character. Tolkien was smart to never use him outside of those few chapters in the first book because he was too powerful for any conflicts to occur in the story and it would ruin the mystique. Jackson didn't include him at all for those reasons too, and because he didn't add anything to the plot so it was easier just to not show him. I like in the commentary he intentionally talks about writing the film in a way where its possible the characters meet him, just off screen.

I went off topic a little, but that's how the prequels should have done Yoda.

Patriarchy was stiffing her on space bread and refusing to give her an opportunity in higher paying fields.

What's her name again?

Why do her eyes look like assholes?

Jews

Which movie was this character in? I've forgotten

Yeah it's an annoying vaguely "ethnic" Yoda ripoff that I think is trying to go for the quality of like an elderly feminist professorial type, since, for the left, academics are considered the closest thing to the wise elders we're supposed to listen to unquestioningly now.

But yeah, insufferable character taking after an insufferable, toxic kind of person in society today.

>meme color

>strong as fuck with the Force
>mysterious as fuck
>still shown learning about the Force, and dying of old age, so he's obviously not the Force incarnate

Makes you think, seriously.

>Jyn
>blind Force monk
>blind Force monk's friend
>rascal man
>pilot man

Rogue One was complete shit until they hit the tropical planet, but honestly it was worth it anyway cause from then on it was cool as fuck

I haven't heard of a better explanation for how this film felt to me

Doesn't matter, a movie has to stand on its own. Saying "but maybe it'll make sense later!" is adolescent, Marvel-tier fanboyism.

Terribly designed character. What was Abrams thinking?

Lindsay Lohan really let herself go

>friend "geeks out" over Phasma being played by Brienne from GoT
>she gets two fucking scenes and does nothing heroic
>friend still tells me afterward about it
May as well have been excited for Daniel Craig's Stormtrooper, and Disney may as well have named him and labelled him a secondary character.

Yet another serious thread where grown up people unironically discuss an animated character from a fucking Disney movie made for children.

>BUT IT COULD M-MAKE SENSE LATER BRO!

Everytime I see this shitty fucking excuse of an arguement I wanna neck myself. No shit. If you really wanted to you could make a sequel to The Room that explains all the loose-ends, pointless scenes, and bad acting so I guess every movie really is perfect because a sequel could just explain any flaws it has right? Off yourself

That The Room analogy is actually a good way to make that point, I'm gonna start using it from now on

Why did Disknee remake A New Hope? What happened to Episode VII?

TFA was a mistake
Everything in this movie i wrong
Prequels were better
TFA was build on lies like muh practical effects but everything was cgi and looked like shit
I hope Ep VIII will bombed

TFA wasn't very good but Rogue One was insultingly bad.

I thought I had a stroke around half-way in the movie because I couldn't recall what happened in the first hour or why it mattered.

Rogue 1 > TFA though

>Maz
>that chink in RO
>"The Last Jedi"
>Ren and Snoke aren't Sith

They're introducing force sensitives who aren't Jedi or Sith so they can drag the series away from the boring as fuck Jedi/Sith dichotomy that's plagued it for decades.

The worst thing about her for me was that they introduce her and then 5 mins later she's just gone. Not even a hint what happened to her.

I liked it

sauce