How come Bullfighting is not popular in the Southern Cone?

Why didn't Spaniards build bullrings in the southern cone? Any explanation? Bull fighting is only relevant in the blue countries, Especially in Spain, Mexico and Colombia

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DXZQ9FVUNJM
youtube.com/watch?v=DI-dQhCSokI
arcoiris.com.co/2017/01/resultado-de-encuesta-volvieron-las-corridas-de-toros-a-la-santa-maria/
youtube.com/watch?v=klFd4ZgDQT8
youtube.com/watch?v=4EOBPEqRTIs
youtube.com/watch?v=iUAcPx5Mtw0
sipse.com/deportes/torero-joselito-adame-triunfador-espana-216170.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are bullrings
We aren't barbarians and prohibited them long ago

it was declared illegal in 1818

It's starting to get banned in some states

Rio de la Plata was arguably the poorest and most isolated viceroyalty, hence the one with least influence from the Peninsula.

>no Cuba
B-but I thought their culture was the closer to Spain

bullfighting was forbidden in Equator and it will be in Colombia in a few months.

why the fuck are you so obsessed with us?

DIOS! Como odio las corridas de toros! Malditos salvajes! Los toros son animales! Dejen de matarlos!
*mastico mi hamburguesa*

it is also trendy in southern france

youtube.com/watch?v=DXZQ9FVUNJM

Major KEKS in the town

Es diferente si lo matas para comértelo que si lo matas en espectáculo y donde sufre por tiempo para trofeo
Pendejo *mastico mi carne de res en salsa*

This, in a nutshell. Fucking hypocrites, man

es diferente en el sentido de que es otro tipo de maltrato; la vaca en una granja industrial es violentada de muchas otras formas (confinamiento, no recibe luz natural, alimentada a la fuerza, sacrificada a los pocos meses o años de vida, etc). pero es la misma mierda.

Reminder that the real man's way is to grab the bull by the horns:

youtube.com/watch?v=DI-dQhCSokI

I hope not. That'd be a win for the left and sjws alike. This has always been a conservative country

No nuestras vacas

I love the all the bronze statues outside of Plaza Mexico, although the place could really use a renovation, it's still in one of arguably the best areas to live in on Mexico City.

Memes aside we should continue the tradition but be done with the gore, that overall the sport is beautiful and it is an art form doesn't mean we shouldn't move forward and if anything we should try something similar to the Portuguese and move towards bloodless corridas.

Having siad that bullfighting is the hallmark of Iberian culture and to abandon it completely would be the same as cutting off one arm. As with most complex issues the answer lies in a sensible middle and real compromise for all parties.

Lo gracioso es que los toros que matan los hacen carne de todos modos.
No es como que matan al toro y lo botan a la basura

it's very likely. there will be a "consulta antitaurina" for sure and 99% of people will vote for the ban.

Ni las nuestras, por mucho la mayor parte de nuestro ganado es de pastoreo.

Catalonia is not blue

> 99%
Honestly I don't believe it'll be that high

see

arcoiris.com.co/2017/01/resultado-de-encuesta-volvieron-las-corridas-de-toros-a-la-santa-maria/

>a bull gives a shit whether it is going to be killed for food or for entertainment

bullfighting isnt popular in Spain either
they only started building bullrings in Galicia and Catalonya in the 20th century because of Franco

Serious question here, other than the language what part of Iberian tradition is it that's been kept alive in Southern Cone? Do you guys still do serenatas?

the only parts of bullfighting i tolerate are the San Fermin (where the bulls are released in the street and people run from them) and other kinds of bull traditions where the bull isnt tortured
there are bulls that preffer killing themselves ramming their heads that suffering the pain of having torches in their horns. bullfighting isnt a liked tradition in spain, very few people actually watch it, most people never do.

Here they are basically supported singularly by the communist party, oddly enough.

It's bound to die off in 20 years at most when they all die.

Bullfighting is only famous in Lisbon here.

But they are non-Europeans, what do you expect?

>only famous in Lisbon here.
Nobody in Lisbon likes this, what the shit.

It's a Ribatejo/Alentejo thing, you idiot.

>este subnormal piensa que los toros se tiran a la basura

Those faggot will never know what it's like to watch an exquisite corrida in an ancient roman circvs.

>bloodless

the forcados part is bloodless but before that a rider drives a few stakes into the bull, it's pretty disgusting desu should be banned

Ban bullfighting desu

We're not fucking Iberian, fuck off fucking Hispanista rat

Everytime I see an article about bullfighting in France it's always full of virtue signaling PETA fucks who want to ban it
The mayor of Nîmes recently turned down Pamela Anderson who was in town to protest against corrida and said clearly he won't ban corrida in his city
And Arles has the based cours camarguaise who doesn't hurt animals so nobody cares

Anyway, why the fuck aren't we on the map

>San Fermin
It's the only thing related to it I like too, it seems fun (to watch).

becuase the southern cone is not fucking retarded like

Congolombia mejico and especially Spain

Because you're French, therefore NOT a bullfighting chad.

It is your fucking culture regardless of how you look dumbass, same as Amerindian culture. Get the fuck over it, we are a mixed people.

I watched it on TV in Spain. Pretty intense stuff, I was hooked.

There's lots of rodeos here.

youtube.com/watch?v=klFd4ZgDQT8

dunno, i find it boring as fuck

Because we stopped caring about bullfighting by the time we started to actually move there.

Cuck

it was forbidden a long time ago, like 19th century, people didn't give a fuck aswell because they were basically peasants and didn't had time for entertainment

>Bullfighting is only famous in Lisbon here.
kys Nigger Lisboeta.

Which Spic country fights with bulls the most?

Who is gonna argue with that? Pele?

LOS

Bulls don't really exist in America.

ESTADOS

Two stupid assholes shitposting at the same time from other sides of the continent. What a time to be alive! God I feel so alive!

American style rodeo? WTF Brazil those guys are dressed as clowns and their work is not elegant. This is what the sport should look like.

youtube.com/watch?v=4EOBPEqRTIs

>It's the only thing related to it I like too, it seems fun (to watch).
the best festival in Spain is TOMATINA and CIPOTE GATO
youtube.com/watch?v=iUAcPx5Mtw0

>Bulls don't really exist in America.

is those niggers fucking your womens

What would become Argentina was a very far away irrelevant place, with a small population dedicated to cattle ranching (with the hides being the only exportable item).
That is why everybody uses Vos intead of Tu. We were less connected to what was fashionable in Spain than Mexico, Peru, Colombia, the important viceroyalties.

Argentina didnt get wealthy (even though it no longer is wealthy), until the 1870s, 1880s, when reefer ships allowed us to export food to Europe, the Brits built railroads, and Euro immigrants came.

because to be a bullfughter you have to be a master brave iberian race, not a subhuman cuckold mestizo or indigena

is that the cuck who got fucked in the mouth and lost his eye by a big horn?

lmao nice bullfighter you have there

yes he is lol

Is that wny Mexican bullfighters beat Spanish ones?

sipse.com/deportes/torero-joselito-adame-triunfador-espana-216170.html

Because this place was isolated and far away, spanish influence was smaller and no one gave a fuck/had enough money for bullfighting.

It was baned over a century ago.

>why is my retarded shit better than your retarded shit?
that´s what i read

there were two bullfights in my town in the early 20th century (1909) but they were prohibited because of the animal cruelty

Colonia is a shithole.

vivís en Colonia?

Bullfighting would have died off here years ago too if it wasn't for the tourist money, because very few locals that are younger than 60 are still interested. But foreigners love going to that shit so there you have it.
>inb4 sjw cuck etc
I don't give a crap about the bull, bullfighting is just boring.

>Country with no bulls or ranching arts wants in on the conversation
Why don't you go play with your boleadoras Arjentino?

what is Colonia?

but Colonia is the best department

vivi toda mi vida aca

dame 3 razones porque colonia es una mierda

Colonia del Sacramento, the first town of Uruguay. It was founded by the portuguese but you cucked them of it.

Now its a tourist trap.

an uruguayan department (something like a province)

It's not my culture gtfo, you fucking cuck. Go back to Spain.

Colonia is pretty chill, last time i went was like 7 years ago, wanna go again

It is as much your culture as charreria, do you also avoid speaking Spanish or eating beef?

>Now its a tourist trap
really? i thought it was calm and chill :(

we're not a punta del este-tier tourist trap but restaurants in the old city are extremely expensive for no reason other than snobish porteños that pay anything. The old city in Colonia del Sacramento is the only part of the department that is a tourist trap.
If I were to come here to visit, I would probably rent a house in Santa Ana and if I wanted I'd come to Colonia del Sacramento to spend some afternoons (rental car or your own car). But yeah Santa Ana has the beaches of Artillero without all the people, and trees surrounding the coast (trees everywhere really). It's really cozy

>Colonia del Sacramento, the first town of Uruguay. It was founded by the portuguese but you cucked them of it.
Funny times back then

I found Colonia fairly cheap, but I did spend too much time in punta del Este tho.

I loved colonia to be honest, got slightly drunk on the choperia mastra, comfy as fuck during winter.

Of course you will find it cheap, Chile is expensive as fuck.

Though it is true that I didn't feel like my wallet was bleeding after a lunch in Colonia's ciudad vieja. There's little reason to spend more than a day in Colonia, but the amount of stuff you can see on that one day is fairly worth it.

>Why didn't Spaniards build bullrings in the southern cone? Any explanation? Bull fighting is only relevant in the blue countries, Especially in Spain, Mexico and Colombia

Bullfighting wasnt popular among criollos but was popular among loyalists. It was a way to brake with the old Spanish influences, argies were huge Frenchboos and Chileans were Britishboos, I'm not talking about normal influences like everyone in the new world had, but actual cringe inducing stuff. If Mexico wanting to be France is the equivalent of some guy that likes normie tier anime then argentina was the weeboo that trains with a Katana and learned Japanese to make fan translations of hentai visual novels.

>but you cucked them of it.
I was going to point out thatBut the Portubro did.
Uruguay was really a fucking joking between Spain and Portugal.