February 18th, 2014:

February 18th, 2014:

>"The Yankees signed Japanese starting pitcher Masahiro Tanaka to a seven-year, $155 million contract on Jan. 22. New York also paid a $20 million posting fee, bringing the total to $175 million.
>As far as Yu Darvish is concerned, the Bronx Bombers paid too much money for his countryman."

UH OH

newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/02/18/report-yu-darvish-thinks-yankees-gave-masahiro-tanaka-too-much-money/

they both suck

think of how much rice you can buy with 155 million burger bucks

fuck you

>wake up
>CAN'T WAKE UP

Darvish is better then tanaka, so i don't see any issue here.

>pitcher has this many wins!
>yeah but the pitcher doesn’t actually score runs, the win count is kind of weak
>yeah, but, look how many wins this pitcher has!
Pitchers are essential but they can’t win a game

That's not true.

all memes aside, no pitcher is worth $150,000,000

hold up, is this legal in game

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY WONT TANAKA OPT OUT, HES WORTH SIX GORILLION ON MY SHITTY TEAM VOID OF PITCHING
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TANAKA IS WORTH 1 DOLLAR, WHY ARE THE YANKEES PAYING THIS BUM?
Make up your fucking mind, holy shit.

Yes he is, both in his npb and mlb careers. The stats don't lie.

>b-but muh werld zeries

>The stats don't lie.
there are people on /mlb/ that believe Madison Bumgarner is better than Kershaw because of rings, these people are fucking stupid

The Dodgers choke in the postseason.

I'm a Pirates fan....

4.35 ERA

Uh ok, i'm simply saying that darvish is better then tanaka.

but he isn't

is there a bigger choke artist in the sport?

So just look at both of their individual pitching stats. Darvish is better, accept it fagget.

The pitcher is involved in every single defensive play, I don't see a reason why a multi-billion dollar organization wouldn't compensate them fairly

He is the biggest choker in baseball history. It's gotten to the point where he openly admitted how bad he is in the playoffs.

>(Yu)

>two japs get sent home by Astros
>"HUAWW but disa jap berry sewperia"
We get it Yu, you feel bad for playing like trash and want to reaffirm how great you are compared to some other guy.

jej

Lol

Darvish really is just Tanaka now
Half their starts they'll be 10+ K elite as fuck, and the other half they will be pulled by the 3rd inning for shitting the bed so hard
Darvish just wasted his good starts on the cannon fodder

Tanaka was great in the postseason though.

>3 starts
>25 IP
>ERA: 1.44

A great pitcher is definitely worth that kind of money. If the entire rest of your team is complete trash you can still win as long as your starter is on his game.

I still think it's funny how Tanaka shut down the Indians and Astros but couldn't perform in the regular season against the Rays and Orioles.

ITT Kershaw at a Starbucks wifi trolling

Kershaw lost the series by giving up a LAD 4-0 lead that lead to 13-12 loss

Darvish lost the series by getting shelled in the first two innings in both of his starts. At least Kershaw had one good start in game 1 and pitched well in game 7.

Kershaw
>Game 1: 7IP, 3 hits, one run
>Game 5: 4IP, 4 hits, 6 runs
>Game 7: 4IP, 2 hits, 0 runs

Darvish
>Game 3: 1.2IP, 6 hits, 4 runs
>Game 7: 1.2IP, 3 hits, 5 runs

>who is Madison Bumgarner
>who is Adam Wainwright

>Farid Yu Darvishsefat

Four point three five

>I still think it's funny how Tanaka shut down the Indians and Astros but couldn't perform in the regular season against the Rays and Orioles.
It comes with the territory of being a splitter-heavy pitcher. Look at Gausman and Shoemaker. They did the same up-and-down/shelled-or-strikeouts deal. If you hang a splitter it just drifts right into the swing plane with less break on it than a curve.

Reminder both tanaka and darvish are better than otani

but that regular season

>30 starts, 178.1 IP
>4.74 ERA
>4.34 FIP
>1.239 WHIP
>1.8 HR/9 (35 dingers)
>.304 OBP against