imsa.com/patrón-north-american-endurance-cup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rolling for lap # of Myatt Snider's wreck

autistic reddit leaf stream is back for tonight's race
watch?v=sVDhpeoNk4I

>dale OP
>dubs
Kek has blessed this thread

It's better than the cancer stream OP posted.

aw shit forgot about this

gonna change the chan now

>trucks

I never usually bother with it until I go back and fast forward it all. Is this kino?

SO TINSE

Trucks will be the best race on this track this weekend.

The trucks are good because you've got a combination of n00bs and shitty aero which means they're constantly getting squirrely in the turns.

>backmarkers almost wiping out the leaders
Nice.

Who /jaded with NASCAR by November each year/ here?

before the chase I would have quit watching already honestly

think about that empty jay would already be locked in and celebrating for three whole races

It's been better than it was during the reign of King Gimmie

If only the Cup race was at this time. 10am vs 4am

does anyone actually like austin cindric

>stage racing

Still gets a laugh

Early-Chase era ('04-'06) was kino. Every year we had five drivers with a mathematical shot at the title.

this is a night race for us

cup night races are still like special treats they only do them on special occasions for several reasons. Mostly it's because the core audience is usually at their local track not at home like they would be on a Sunday afternoon.

No and no one should

Tim Cindric, but even that's questionable

I actually think the concept of distributing points during the event is an excellent idea. Too bad they fucked it up by having timed cautions for TV purposes. Should have just been a checkpoint.

Also how come some races you do on a Saturday night for Cup. Or am I thinking of indycar.

Sunday morning here is a comfy for a race. Why can’t you specifically cater for me?

The stage racing is fine, it's the dumb ass chase that has to go.

Sorta of like how they get king of the mountain points in Le tour? Sorry I couldn’t think of a Motorsport comparison. Supercars did a half time where caution came out but no points awarded.

How come you have to wait to pit when caution comes out? So everyone bunches up? Is it for ads or another reason?

I'd like to see them get rid of like the last 10% of the field every stage so the shitmarkers can't keep fucking up the field the way they always do.

to safely get emergency vehicles onto the track
once the safety and clean up vehicles are safely at the scene, then the race director will open the pit road

IMSAcar does it as a separate "championship" for the longer events with no race stoppage.
imsa.com/patrón-north-american-endurance-cup

Do they do it when someone spins and doesn’t hit anything and just keeps going. Still need to check everything?

le floor it all the way around aero meme track

yeah, just for getting the sweeper truck and the inspection crew out as soon as the field catches up to the pace car

Like I said Saturday night is the traditional night for racing here. Most local tracks are running their own races and neither of the big national series want to step on their toes. They do run Saturday night but its usually reserved for special occasions (Daytona, the all star race, a traditional short track race, etc.)

Ah sorry dude didn’t read properly

>this aussie

Kek

fuck eddie gossage

Fuck you
You hate Texas

are you allowed to say that here or is someone from TMS going to chide you, like on reddit?

Everything you do is try-hard bullshit

>commercial caution

Haley came down

Big Hoss is the best thing ever

>wow
GREAT LIBERTY MUTUAL SPOTTER HELP THERE

>fans on the backstretch seats

>track where you can already see everything

>wow
Sauter is past Haley at this point.
>easy, down, turn down, perfect. good job

>Implying Haley could win in a fistfight with Sauter

Sergeant Slaughter would KO any of these teenage kids in one hit.

Mexican here

I love NASCAR but ive never been to an event. Want to go Sunday but not sure if ill get harassed by the local red necks

>That Top 5

How would Kenny Irwin's career have gone if he didn't get permaheem'd at New Hampshire?

>photo used was taken during the day
>race footage is at night
>fans on the backstretch are copy/pasted
gjge on that photoshop Eddie

just go. Friendliest crowd of rednecks you'll find.
I see plenty of Mexicans at my track every year

Most people aren't going to start anything. if someone says something it's probably just some drunk asshole.

yeah, I found image from a local newspaper puff piece that was written prior to Big Hoss' completion.

It's an artist's rendition

Texas is near the border so they must be used to mexicans, if you are white that would help
Also
>2012 race

They're rich rednecks because races are expensive

You'll be fine Jose

post concessions for /turnleft/

The race to the finish between Johnson and Keselowski is underrated. #2 car was completely sideways in the trioval at one point.

2011-2012 were awesome years.

The race coverage was scheduled to be over by 9:30, but there's no way that's going to happen since we're just halfway right now. Get ready to start looking for butthurt /cfb/ posts on social media.

I know, I was just playing along with the Eddie Gossage is posting in the thread LARP

That chase was really good, sucks that the tyre at phoenix and the transmission in miami ruined the battle

Johnson was going to meme his way into the title if the transmission hadn't gone. He was on an alternate strategy and it was going to work.

Daily reminder that NASCAR's attendance and viewership decline is direct result of the chase.

If they not implemented the chase the following would have happened:
2004 Jeff Gordon
2005 Tony Stewart
2006 Jimmie Johnson
2007 Jeff Gordon
2008 Carl Edwards
2009 Jimmie Johnson
2010 Kevin Harvick
2011 Carl Edwards
2012 Brad Keselowski
2013 Jimmie Johnson
2014 Jeff Gordon
2015 Kevin Harvick
2016 Kevin Harvick

Make NASCAR Great Again.

>Jeff Gordon would have won 7 Championships
>Kevin Harvick and Jimmie Johnson would have both won 3
>Carl Edwards would have 2

I would have rather seen this than JJ dominate 7 seasons.

Remainder that the drivers raced knowing that there will be a reset in the points after round 26

that and the shockwave the shook the sport in the economic crash 2007/2008
None of the tracks adjusted down the ticket prices or anything really to incentivize attendance against that back drop
The Obama years never really were good for the region/demographic NASCAR traditionally attracted out to the tracks
combine that with the sub par racing product since COT/Gen6 introductions and and the meme chase and you have a critical wound

add meme stage racing and you have the kill shot

20 years from now everyone will say how impressive it was for Gimmie to win 5 in a row, but in the moment no one wants to see a single driver win the championship year after year, especially in the shitty chase system that was marketed as unpredictable.

But keselowski just needed a 15th place, and after jimmie went to the garage they relaxed

It was going to be close, but we'll never know how much
>third version of the COT gave pretty good races
> ditched after 2 years

>the absolute state of Regan Smith's pit crew

I didn't think it was that impressive when it happened. The Chase tracks were the best tracks for Hendrick Cars.

I should clarify: the NASCAR execs, media, etc. will call it impressive. Anyone who isn't beholden to NASCAR and was around to see it will remember it how it was.

>Rhodes

Jesus Christ.

>rhodes

>"Professional" pit crews

Nigga didn't even have the fuckin lugs lmfao

nice pitwork lol

Jesus Christ

inb4 Cindric wrecks Sauter for the win

ARCA tier pit stops

/cfb/ btfo

What was the 8 smoking?

>Cindric P2 in the closing laps and hounding the leader

Memecheck trying to meme it up again

>memechek

>13 laps short on fuel
Just slow it down!

Memecheck speeding

>leafs in charge of anything

Shitty crew chief I guess. Two weeks in a row they ran outta gas w/o even being remotely close to being able to make it to the finish. Just stupid.

>cindric to homestead
>briscoe out of the playoff
This timeline sucks

Cindric is teasing Sauter

YEAH FUCK YOU CINDRIC

I'd be totally ok with Sauter repeating. He's easy to root for.

>Coughlin
why

real down home traditional racer from the midwest
totally the opposite of the money babies

Should have tried to get Sauter loose as opposed to swinging to the outside over and over again.

I'm surprised that faggot didn't just dump him.

Yeah, I thought he was running that high line just to trick Sauter, but I guess Cindric really is that dumb that he thought running the same line over and over would actually work. I'm just glad he didn't try dump and run Sauter though.

>They told Memecheck he was a lap short
>Runs out with 13 laps to go

I agree, we should all pray for the poor souls in purgatory tonight.

At least theres one good guy on the finale

sauter puttin these kids in purgatory

tfw you realize jeff retired because hes best season in almost a decade was ruined because newman dive bombed rookie larson for 15th on the last lap

>nascar fans aren't rich
try telling that to this guy

FUCK CINDRIC