What white people have to do...

>What white people have to do, is try and find out in their own hearts why it was necessary to have a nigger in the first place, because I'm not a nigger, I'm a man, but if you think I'm a nigger, it means you need it.
Why do we need it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jim_Crow_law_examples_by_state
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_Act
areavibes.com/sacramento-ca/crime/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what came first the nigger or the egg?

what up nigga?

Diversity only causes conflict.

is this like that white/black movie where they just scream philosophy at each other until someone dies

What's up my nig?

White Americans wanted labour for their plantations, and also slaves were seen as a good investment, because you could make your slaves have MORE slaves. Eventually, the amount of work you'd get from a slave would more make up the price you paid for it. (him her) Baldwin obviously means it in a more philosophical sense.
In this based on the debate he had with William F Buckley?
Baldwin is actually great, plz no bully.

>nigger judging me by my skin color and assumed thoughts

Right. What a pile of horseshit.

People in America haven't had slaves for over 100 years though, so what does he mean in the context of today?

this is what black people think about instead of getting jobs

why did your grand-granddad's brother sold your grand-granddad?

but didn't like 10% of whites own slaves? so this analogy is barely accurate.

>needing niggers
Apparently he thinks we hate social and financial progress, education and reduced crime rates.

More like 2% of the population of the South did.

Well he probably said this when he was alive, and if I had to guess it would have been in the civil rights era / segregation times.
If you think about race in America, you really have to go back to the fundamental text, the Constitution. "All men are created equal." Well slavery is an immediate contradiction. So blacks weren't people, they were niggers. Not full people. They were a tool, hence the whole need to du-humanize them through a slur. Or something.
Really I'd need the quote in context to give a more complete answer. Civil rights time was a time where the legacy of slavery was far more apparent. Does this quote have the same intensity, or indeed any intensity today? Maybe, maybe not. But I'd rather have this film about Baldwin than some sanitized corporate bullshit about female blacks landing on the moon of whatever the fuck.

there were white slaves. there were black slave owners.

>Does this quote have the same intensity, or indeed any intensity today?

It's not even been 50 years since civil rights passed. I honestly don't think it's so crazy the wounds haven't healed. Historically speaking its no time at all. Things like that take a long time to fade

>grand-granddad
Where the fuck do you live that this is how you say great granddad?

I think he means his granddad's graddad.

sure but cmon, the majority of slaves in America were black and the majority of owners were white

2% of whites in the South owned slaves.

Hmm that's actually a pretty good way to shorten it. Fuck where does he live that they have such better education than where i am

Look, I know what you're implying. I also think the collective guilt that social justice types tend to put on whites is bullshit. Nonetheless, it is still a system that effected the lives of all black Americans for generations. I think considering their perspective is important.

groups of people have been enslaved and denied rights the world over and they pick themselves up and don't complain about it. I think it's probably american coddling that perpetuates this endless racial back and forth.

It's important that americans be exposed to it, yes, but not the rest of the world that didn't have slavery in their countries, ever.

>It's not even been 50 years since civil rights passed

Yes it has

>I think considering their perspective is important.
Why did integration cause black-owned small businesses to decline?

desu most countries have had slavery at some point. If you're not interested don't watch it, I guess.

I don't know.

>I think considering their perspective is important.
I think teaching the facts is important and anything more is just identity politics perpetuated by people who profit off them.

That's a perspective you should consider then.

History major, I can explain this. Segregation promoted black small business because whites didn't allow blacks to shop in their stores, so an alternate black marketplace emerged.

Nope. 49. Barely 2 generations

>because whites didn't allow blacks to shop in their stores
Wrong. The government threatened white owned businesses with a hefty fine if blacks shopped in their stores.

I agree with the first part hesitant about the second.

Yeah, although I have no idea where I would start.

You studied for four years to learn something that can be worked out intuitively?

>hesitant about the second
elaborate your doubts

>If you're not interested don't watch it, I guess.
It's not just about watching anymore. It's in almost every form of media. You're bombarded with what equates to nothing more than a new form of attempted slavery, almost everywhere you turn.
>books are pushing white guilt
>games are pushing white guilt
>music is pushing white guilt
>movies are pushing white guilt
>tv shows are pushing white guilt
>our schools are pushing it
>our heads of government are pushing it

It's literally unavoidable, even in countries that have never, ever had slavery

Even in places where no such fine existed, blacks were kept out of white stores in southern cities. They were seen as bad for business.

I'm a German historian, my knowledge of American race divisions is incidental because I took a course from one of the major writers in American urban history.

But most Jim Crow laws were enforced in the south, and even in the north in some cases en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Jim_Crow_law_examples_by_state

I'm very hesitant about identity politics I'm just not sure I'd go as far as you do.

Yeah, at least its controversial. (as in people aren't buying it) I don't think the far left has the followthrough to win the culture battle on this one, although they're trying their hardest.

niggers need to be sent back to africa asap
jesus fucking christ

all the cucks going "hurr they've been here for hundreds of years, they can't be removed"
WE CAN NEVER LIVE WITH THEM, THEY ARE ANIMALS & HATE US

I don't really know what you're getting at, this doesn't really contradict what I told you. Blacks didn't have access to the white market so it created a parallel black market.

No I get that. I'm just saying that in many cases it wasn't EVIL WHITE BUSINESS OWNERS keeping the blacks out of the stores, it was government threatening them with a fine.

Literally all the modern problems with blacks didn't exist in the "civil rights era"
They were CREATED by activist blacks & rap/hiphop

Segregation and with an assumption of white racial supremacy is the only way that blacks & whites can live together in peace

If you've ever lived around blacks, you would know that is wrong
Blacks are animals, and a black clientele always drives away a white clientele

They will abuse your staff, they will rob, they won't tip, etc
Theres a reason integration always had to be FORCED

Blacks were different in the 60s. Like someone ITT said the civil rights movement made a lot of them militant.

>I'm very hesitant about identity politics I'm just not sure I'd go as far as you do.
Sure, there are also the masses who just repeat the stuff because they have been programmed with the idea that anything else would make them morally wrong. But there's no reason to discuss slavery in general or american slavery specifically on any other basis than the purely factual one, because there NEVER is a reason to discuss history on a non-factual basis.

Right what is done is basically propaganda to justify the profit people are making of that shit, like the holocaust is being used as propaganda to justify Israel breaking multi-lateral treaties on a daily basis.

They use some bad shit in "their" (actually their parents/grandparents/etc) past to justify being assholes today, when the very concept of generational guilt is retarded.

One of the things that made them bad is that all black businesses & communities were destroyed by forced integration

You look in any ghetto, and the businesses are owned by asians or arabs or w/e

and the worst part is, the guy who spearheaded integration on the federal level did it for the votes and not for altruism.

You talking about that quote made up in a book years after he died?

YAWN

I'm talking about context clues given the history of the Democratic party up to that point.

I will never stop hating black people until they cease to exist

If you live around hood niggers, what does that say about you?

Worst thing my black neighbors ever did was yell at me for hiding under his boat when playing hide and seek with the neighborhood kids

>what does that say about you?

Fuck off your anecdotes about decent blacks are just fiction the average black is a deranged psychotic savage human being that causes terror and chaos FOR FUN. I use to live in a nigger infested shithole called Memphis.

there were no white slaves in america. you can argue that Irish indentured servitude, but it didn't last nearly as long, the stigma against them didn't persist for the next 200 years. I mean can you really not recognize the different legacies for Irish and blacks in america? the credit redlining into slums, the 3 waves of the kkk, the intimidation and fear, the inability to get employment, being forced to fight just to use the same facilities as whites 100 years after slavery had ended. blacks weren't always as niggery as they are today. they've had a pretty shitty lot in the system until 50 years ago

There is no stigmaticism against blacks
There is just a recognition that they are "other", and that they commit the vast majority of crime/problems in the country

They have gotten FAR better than they deserve

lol. I love in downtown sacramento which is like half black and I've never had a problem with anybody. I've never seen a crime or a black person intimidating a timid little white boy. sure if you go to the poorest ghettos youll see some violent gang members and wannabe thugs. but in the average neighborhood they behave. but honestly the poorest wigger appalachian trash isn't any better than a ghetto nig

>there were no white slaves in america.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mann_Act

I DONT CARE IF YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN CULTURALLY ENRICHED.

Im at a point where I could kill a black baby and feel nothing that is how much I hate these wild animals.

>I have no wife or kids or family members to care about
>I also am delusional and think I'm untouchable

k

if there's no stigma why were there multiple waves of the kkk in the south during reconstruction? why were they barred from jobs after slavery ended? why did banks refuse to give blacks home loans during new deal urban renewal regardless of their income? why does Sup Forums hate their race with a passion? why were they legally separated until the 60s? do you really believe what you're saying? there's no historical stigma? lol you're obviously a huge racist and you're telling me there is no racism. cmon on!

because blacks are lesser than whites and need to be kept under strict control

The KKK was merely a pro-white organization, nothing wrong with it, the marxists vilify it because being pro-white is the worst thing a man can be

Why cant you nigs fuck off to Africa and build your own state?

I live a 5 minute walk from the capitol building. it's a dense urban environment. nobody is scared. there are no paranoid Sup Forumstards here crossing the street when blacks walk by. your fear is truly pathetic. young, old, rich poor, single or with a family, white yellow brown black. people just live their lives. I feel sorry that you are crippled with this deranged bigotry. maybe try leaving your parents house once in awhile and taking a walk around town? going outside really isn't that scary

>I live a 5 minute walk from the capitol building.
great! go to the outskirts of the city sometime, away from government protection.

No nigger the ones who need to change is YOU. We dont need to stop being racisr you need to stop acting a jun7gle savage.

okay so there is no response, you're just reverting to memes. what grade are you guys in? are you americans? what are your parents like? people like you fascinate me. I mean america and western europe have amazing educatonal opportunities, and a society that promotes and facilitates higher learning and thinking. and yet we still have people like you guys with no knowledge, critical thinking skills or educations. how does it happen?

lmao what the fuck is government protection? how does a capitol building protect anyone? it's full of poli sci nerds, states representatives and 4 security guards. there are homeless people all over. there is no intense police presence here. God you guys are so fucking dumb lmao. government protection! it's like a child is talking to me

Here is my answer to your question (not those two you're replying to): I didn't own slaves, my father didn't own slaves, my grandfather didn't own slaves. So I don't need to hear a lecture about how hard it was to be black. It was pretty hard to be white too.

>it's totally safe guys!
>there's homeless people all over
Way to contradict yourself.

A nigger bragging about the absence of police as expected from a jungle beast.

but I know why you would say something as nonsensical as assuming a legislative building exerts some kind of magical authoritarian force, and it's because you're a poltard who only understands the government as being an intangible, malevolent force that just kind of lurks in the shadows plotting against simple folk like yourself. complete with conspiracy plots, assassinations, propaganda campaigns and other kinds of nefarious deeds. but I'm afraid capitol buildings don't work the same way as the eye of sauron, it's not that interesting

It's not a crime to be w hite
It's not a crime to have a white country
It's abhorent to hear about ONE white victimized by niggers
And you look at any majority black area, once upon a time it was a white area, but the blacks chased the whites out
Vast majority of blacks are criminals or government dependants

You really don't think Sacramento PD have more of an incentive to protect the capitol building and the surrounding area which you live than one of the ghettos outside the city center?

that doesn't contradict anything. have you never been to a city? there are homeless people. how does that translate to crime? do you assume everywhere there are homeless people it's like new york in the 70s? lmao what a stupid, stupid person you are. and you didn't answer my questions. what grade are you in? what state? were your parents attentive? are you christian? I want to understand the types of people who fall into these extremist mindsets

So that's where the black market came from.

midtown is a large area. and no, there is no heavy police force anywhere. hence all the homeless around the capitol building. I'm not sure how that confuses you. it's simply not a dangerous area despite the black population.

I wasn't the two people you were arguing with. I'm a third person who sees right through your college educated "enlightenment". Did you know a lot of crimes are committed by homeless people?

areavibes.com thinks you're full of shit areavibes.com/sacramento-ca/crime/

yeah sure if you leave the urban downtown and go to some slum it'll probably have a higher crime rate. but the poltards were saying it's delusional to feel safe or to allow your family to be there if there is a high black population, even though its plenty safe despite, lIke i said, not a very high police presence . why are you still trying to argue this point? I mean you're on a cartoon image board desperately trying to convince people how terrible another race is. is this where yoh expected to be? you have never lived on your own, and you haven't experienced life, at all. you've been indoctrinated by a board on a website whos soul crushing isolation has caused them to invent an entire ideology dedicated to hating everything that reminds them of the society that rejected them. break the cycle, you can escape the Sup Forums cult if you just leave home. go to college for christ's sake, move to another town. something! get your life together! I have faith in you!

How many of the blacks you encounter in Sacramento actually live in Sacramento?

God I hate how evil niggers talk to you like they are moral crusaders.

Purple drank

Yeah homie don't even trifle wit dose crackas Sacramento be safe ascell

We need it because it makes us feel better about our own problems when we can look at someone else and say "Well, I may be up to my eyeballs in debt and living out of my car, but at least I'm not a useless nigger." Social awareness is important; nobody really wants to be on a level playing field, they want to be above someone else, anyone else, especially when times are hard. When there aren't any niggers to hate nearby, to blame all our problems on, we just hate something else, poor people, Mexicans, whatever, it doesn't matter, as long as those people are different enough that can't/won't want to empathize with them.

Economic Elites need it especially, which is why it's always going to be a part of our society. You can easily keep masses of people from banding together and organizing any movement to improve their situation when they're divided along racial, religious, or ethnic lines... they did this shit all the time in the 20th century whenever there was a labor strike or resistance from the lower classes: bring on a bunch of immigrants or blacks and the whites will stop hating their bosses and start hating the dirty black bastards who stole their jobs, easy as flipping a light switch.

I see right through you, Yuri.

I know black people are ass worshipers but this is ridiculous

> Merely a pro-white organization

Who also shot white southern Republicans who dared to cast their vote in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Nice racial unity there, guys.

He ain't lying about history, and you don't have to go full Trotsky to have worker solidarity.

Every ladder needs a bottom rung.

Should repeal Jim Crow instead of Roe V Wade.

Not even.
Slaves were a rich people thing, not a white people thing.
Something like 60% of freed slaves in New Orleans owned slaves themselves iirc.

Psh logic. Whatever white devil.

That's as stupid as saying that if I call a rock a rock I have a need to call the rock a rock. The need is the need to recognise reality. Most people who you'd call niggers are niggers.

I dont really agree. Ive lived on Harlem for about 3 months now...a pretty gentrefied part. I have had any super abrasive altercations...a few but id blame that more on the randomness of homeless people on the subway...but black cluture is just more "monkeyish". No way around it. They are just fucking loud and obnoxious. Ive also worked in resturants for years and they are definitely the worst clientele. They are almost always rude, try to take advatage of anything free, act like they are the only people in the resturant, and of course they never tip. Rachet ass niggas if you will. The black people i have worked with even hate black people. Just how it goes. Its sucks i was raised in the 90s to not be racist....and i really was not....but after growing up and seeing and dealing with black people...i am. I am racist. Feels good to say