What the actual fuck did I just watch? Is this one of those that people just pretend to "get"...

What the actual fuck did I just watch? Is this one of those that people just pretend to "get"? I don't even understand what I don't understand. It was just nonstop WTFing, head trip on the dry, from the blue box onwards. Yes, it's my first Lynch, why do you ask? No, I'm not American.

it's a piece of shit that is trying too hard

Basically -

IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Well, you see, there was this lady who constructed an idealized reality in her head to cope with the trauma of having done something terrible. And in that reality sometimes her real anxieties break through, like, famously, the monster behind the diner. It's presented as a stylized homeless person, a bum. It represents the fear of every Hollywood person to end up poor and forgotten on the street. Of course there's also kind of a parallel there because the movie is set in Hollywood and the main characters are all in the movie business, which is also an industry that constructs artificial realities and often presents an idealized narrative.

Here's the basic story

A hopeful woman comes to Hollywood seeking fame and fortune, she meets another woman and they fall in love.
but the other woman is in a relationship with a man, which the actor hates. Eventually she chooses him over the actor, the actor's career isn't going very well either, so she's in a dark place. She ends up hiring a hitman to kill the other woman.
When she finally gets the indication that the job is finished, she can't take it, and she kills herself

That's the basics, everything else is just to make the whole story more complex and weird and other things

>everything else is just to make the whole story more complex and weird and other things

actually no, because you need the first part (the dream) to fully understand the story. Lynch does the perfect representation of how the subconscious manifests in dreams, pay attention to the names of the characters and how they act under different names, Lynch obviously researched about dreams and psychology, i doubt he's an expert but he did a pretty good job here

>to fully understand the story
Well, yes, to understand the psychological aspect of the story. But the story itself is as i explained

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the movie, i love it, it's just that i wanted to give the simplest explanation of it as i could

It's not hard to get it, the end tells you what is going on.
Now go see lost highway if you want a "wtf" movie.

I don't get that nonsense.

Its objectively a terrible movie. David Lynch himself has said he can't explain it. Just because it makes you think doesn't mean it's good. There are some parts that are easy to decipher, and it can become somewhat of a coherent story, but there is far to much open endedness for it to be considered the masterpiece pretentious hipsters think it is.

>David Lynch himself has said he can't explain it

source?

I don't have a source handy but it was a TIL or someshit on Reddit. He definitely said it.

ITT: people who need to stick to Batman movies

i liked when naomi and laura had sex

laura has some nice tiddies

okay liar

>films have to make sense for them to be good

P L E B S

>I don't have a source handy
>can't find a source on the entire fucking Internet
>beleeb me guise he sayz it xDD!!

fuck off cancer

It's not even hard to get you fucking retard. I don't understand how anyone can not understand what is happening. How fucking stupid can you be?

Multiple times in the film the "explanation" is literally said by. You dumb fuck.

If you really are this stupid think back on club silencio. What is the message there? What happens after?

Nah mane. Inland Empire is where the wtf truly is.

Girl wants to fuck girl
Girl hires hitman to kill girl
Girl goes crazy

>he thinks club silencio is the key to understanding the movie

my god, can anyone anyone be this fucking stupid? that's not even right you fucking retard. i don't understand how anyone can come to that conclusion. the true meaning was explained multiple times, you stupid dumb fuck.

never comment on kino again. in fact, stop watching it altogether because your dumb ass isn't worthy