This is going to be a massive fucking trainwreck worse than ghost busters and you know it

This is going to be a massive fucking trainwreck worse than ghost busters and you know it.

Maybe for the dumb anime weebshits who actually care about this nonsense.

Normalfags will eat it up.

If the movie is actively trying to offend me as fan, only then will I consider it as big a train wreck as Ghostbusters 2016.

Weebs are going to watch it so they can trash it.
Normies are going to watch it because it is the new "nerd" thing and being a "nerd" is the new normal.

And yet it will make a fuckload of money because people will watch it and complain after having already paid. Studios don't give a shit after they already got your money.

I just can't stand ScarJo as an actress. Sure she's hot, but she can't act to save her life.

As if the original movie was particularly good. The story, action and characters were all mediocre - just held together by some philosophy and good visuals.

Ghostbusters was perfectly adequate.

It wont fail as hard because they are not actively trying to insult their target demographic.

As a gigantic fan of GITS yes it shits all over the original material. Apparently The Puppet Master, The Laughing Man, and Kuze all make an appearance in one fucking movie. There is no way the story isn't absolutely slaughtered. Also ScarJo can't act and will destroy The Major. Plus the back story of The Major is fucked in this movie.
>WHOAMI!?!??

If you're a normie that wants to see some sci-fi flick sure it might be a good "well let's go to the movies, what should we see? Oh neat I've seen commercials for that one!" sort of watch.

Basically what this guy said.

>As a gigantic fan of GITS

Why are you complaining like a dumbass about it remixing itself then. I mean SAC has fucking Appleseed elements AND bits from all the movies.

Less nostalgia for gits than ghostbusters

Both movies will be equally bad but gits will not go out of its way to antagonize its audience

nah it will be a passable action flick nothing more

Because this movie shits all over everything GITS, did you not read my post? SAC's elements from the movie were more homages than straight rips and attempts to integrate into a new story. Like the first episode of 2nd Gig with the building jump/assassination into camouflage thing. It is iconic in the original movie but it's more of a minor "hehe remember this thing" homage instead of "well let's just cram fucking everything GITS together into a 2 hour movie, including all 3 main villains from the best iterations because lol why not? Also: let's make the main character all vulnerable and shit so normies can relate and project themselves onto what is supposed to be a fairly ambiguous cyborg super soldier"

I mean, I'm not crying over spilled milk, I'm just saying as someone who really likes GITS and GITS:SAC, I dont have too much faith. I'll probably pirate it and add it to my server but I sincerely doubt it'll live up the name. Especially since it's made by Hollywood and features a major Hollywood actress that normies like.

>massive fucking trainwreck

Maybe.

>worse than ghost busters

Not even close.

tbqh Ghostbusters wasn't that bad, it simply wasn't funny which was it's major failure, with it's second major fuck-up being callbacks and cameos. To take all those legit funny actresses and surmount them with the worst fucking REBOOT script of all time is a tragedy.

Anyway GitS will likely suck ass. Luckily, as with Ghostbusters, the original will always exist.

nobody asked for this

On the contrary.
I have a hunch that this turd will make $800+ because of normies.
You see us who are in the know, realise what a disgusting abomination it is.
For a normie this looks exciting and refreshing.

I liked some ghost in the shell anime I watched, but I'm not really a fan enough to know how wrong they get things when I'll eventually see the live action.

I think "casual fans" like me will like it, like casual fans of warcraft liked the warcraft movie.
Western normies won't be putoff by a scarlett johanson sci fi movie like they were putoff by the warcraft movie though.

Any of the trailers are individually better in everyway to the entire Ghost busters reboot so no it is not possible for the full film to be worse.

>nobody asked for this
Yes I fucking did.

This.

Johansson is a bankable movie star, it is on its surface an action movie the general populace is going to eat it up, even if anime "purists" detest it.

Online fandom is the absolute worst.

How does anything you list here shit all over GITS?

>Also ScarJo can't act and will destroy The Major.
Except she fucking can, watch Lucy and see the scene where she says goodbye to her mother, I dare you to say she can't act after that, fucker.

Scarlet, is this you?

It'll be better than the anime

How can you possibly include The Puppet Master, The Laughing Man, and Kuze into one 2 hour movie and not shit over the storylines involved with each one?

>oh fugg the internet became self aware, let's call in this super hacker dude that no one knows who is but we will track him down in 2 days, to hack the internet for us. Oh yeah there's this other dude who's like some refugee or some shit, quick send a nuke. Oh shit we have a main character that we have to talk about too. Shit uh "WHO AM I XDDD", now hug that refugee lad that saved the poor refugees that's also secretly from your past!

For what purpose?

>it simply wasn't funny which was it's major failure, with it's second major fuck-up being callbacks and cameos.
No, it's major fault was insulting everyone that had any interest in watching the movie, being unfunny was just a coincidence.

>watch Lucy
I'd rather not

I also hate movies before seeing them for arbitrary reasons.

Yes, and?

In other news; water, wet.

>worse than ghost busters
No.

It'll be painfully generic and miss the whole point but on it's own it'll work "fine" for the normie audience

I think it'll be alright.

Can't be worse than Dragon Ball Evolution.

More of the franchise, the sexy cloak skin and Scar already make this better then Arise.

>ScarJo can't act
Well, probably
But in this case The Major should have a blank and serious face most of the time right? I think even she can do that

The green screening looks bad, it's like a mid 2000s movie.

This is actually going to be a great success with the western audience and will get a nod from the east. Im already thinking who to cast in Akira.

The era of animekino arrives.

look at this hideous standee

looks almost like Michael Bay's Blade Runner

>miss the whole point

I like how people say the same of Watchmen, but never provide proof. I think morons just like to say that about adaptations.

it'll be made to appeal to the americlap audience, so it'll be shit

wrong. people cared about ghostbuters, they had emotional attachments to it for whatever reasons. no one gives a shit about your weeaboo trash cartoons, fuck, even japan dosent care, its only you goddamn otaku white guys that give a shit

I will maybe watch it because Michael Pitt is actorkino.

>Batou after all this time I finally realized. I am the Ghost in the Shell

it won't tho. worst case this movie will make evens.

the only group complaining are butt mad weebtards (a group nobody, even in here, cares about). besides that you faggots will probably still watch this shit at least once.

can't wait for GitS 2 & 3.

Looks great

what is that? I agree this looks crappy

>Maciej Kuciara in charge of concept art

REEEEEEEE hire real artists you fuckers.

It will be terrible. The second trailer just confirmed it.

>worse than Ghostbusters 2016

Fuck off. This actually has a great deal of promise. GB 2016 had ZERO promise because it was doomed to be very unfunny from the start.

Good thing I can enjoy shit movies ironically.

She kinda sorta looks a lot like the Major there, what's everyones big deal?

Not as hard, but will fail. It'll not have any of the strengths of the original movie, just a villain of the week script with could and heartless visuals.

the trailer reeked of robocop remake and thats not a good thing

>oh no she's remembering, she'll fight back against Evil Corp.!