What are your thoughts on this show?

What are your thoughts on this show?

If you do enjoy it, what else do you like?

80% shit, 20% good episodes

Which episodes did you like?

Show is far too obsessed with sex

amerifat detected. That's why they Americanized the shit out of season 3 (worst season btw.) and took out the nudity and actual societal commentary. Now it feels like every american show: cartoon people without real passion.

Thanks you prude.

the memory one, the bear one or something, and the one with the clone were alright. probably another one im forgetting. rest were mediocre at best. s3 was utter shit.

all of your media is americanized you idiot

Love it on the whole, S3 was too clean looking, can't really explain, the production values went up but feel like that took something away from it. Brooker is based tho.

>sjw yuropoor ripoff of twilight zone

also correct

The Entire History Of You, White Bear, and Be Right Back

Even if you are retarded you have to admit like did that things changed between season 2 and season 3. Mostly american actors, simple commentary, takes place mostly in america etc.

S1 and S2 had their trash episodes, but S3 was fundamentally bad.

Agree. The sex isn't even necessary for the plot in most episodes.

Really liked it. Touched on many ethical controversies, and what current societal trends might be able to lead us into. Some plots were forced and cliche where others really did a good job of stirring up discussion.

Third. I got to the point where I was literally wondering if it was in a contract somewhere that ever episode had to have a sex scene. It made sense a couple times like in An Entire History of You. It served the plot very well. But other times it was clearly gratuitous or forced.

I mean the episode where the lady gets a sex bot to replace her dead fiance was weird and unnecessary and the one with total recall just emphasized on how it impacted the characters sex life.

The show acts like sex is the be all end all of human fullfillment how technology fucks up that goal.

Kind of hit and miss.

I liked this one.

Trash

>LOL OI M8 THE PROIME MINISTAH GONE AND AD A LITTLE HANKY PANKY WIF A PIG HE DID JOLLY GOOD

>shut up and dance
>good job of stirring up discussion

90% of the "discussion" was morons missing simple narrative cues.

>Kind of hit and miss
you mean a boring shitheap and the worst episode in the series even worse than the wlado moment

It's almost like the show is about how technology is in conflict with intimacy. Really makes you think

The show is hit and miss.

San Junipero was a good episode.

BRB was about ELIZA, basically how simple and easy it is to manipulate human emotions for profit.

Entire history of you was about how current society absolutely requires memory to be fungible.

>intimacy is just sex
hello virgin

Loved it in 2011 when it first came out.
Season 2 had a noticeable dip in quality.
Then normies found out about it and Americanized the show.

>white people and black people problems the tv show.

Well shit how else do you appeal to turbo-normalfags? The sex is only a part of it, but you are so triggered about seeing penis in vagina that you miss the other shit.

Let me guess, you didn't like it because it had sex in it?

Many people don't like this episode because they feel that the lesbian relationship is forced in with an agenda in mind, maybe to appeal to sjw groups, I find that ridiculous and reading too much into it. I enjoyed it too, made me feel really happy and content with life for a day which is rare because I'm very sad most of the time. Not perfect or special in the kino sense, but fulfilling

What do you mean, by people missing narrative cues?
I posted the pic because that was what I remembered first from the series about causing discussion. Although most people got stuck on the pedophilia thing and had already chosen what to think of it all instead of entering some type of constructive and critical process of assessment it was the episode which got a Very big reaction compared to other ones. So by sheer scale even if a higher proportion of discussion wasn't really discussion it in my experience got many evaluative thoughts on it too

lel you got me I am indeed a virgin.

I know?

No i didn't like it because the episode itself was boring as fuck and the plot actually got introduced in about the last 20 minutes, before that it's just some lesbian looking for some other girl she had sex with at somepoint for 40 minutes with a few cutbacks to the modern day with the old people.

Some people seem to praise the episode as being one of the best when it is nowhere near fucking close and are just in love with it because """muh 80's aethetics"" and """muh lesbians"""

It's an extremely boring and unnecessary episode and doesn''t belong in the Black Mirror series at all as the only mention of technology is near the end.

Exactly. Technology impacts ALL facets of society and the show is just tunnel visioned on sex. That's my biggest gripe with the show. Its a missed opportunity to fully explore the impact of technology.

Look at the twilight zone episodes

Number 12 looks just like you
Brain center at Mr whipples
The lonely

For how a show can deal with other facets of how technology impacts society

Really loved that episode too, I run a tech company and it really spoke to me in a deep way.
I think this episode really showed how technology should be used and what it should seek to be. To bring human dignity and happiness to the less fortunate in our society.

Not enough information on the government's tax plan.

Waldo would be a better president than Trump

Yep, nothing "black mirror" about a corporate entity having total control about how people feel about a full sensory reality simulation.

Would trump tap that girl's tight ass though?

The technology is in the background throughout it too. "How many down there do you think are actually alive" or something was said by the girl when she was on the roof, so somewhere in the background the technology is still present throughout.
It belongs in the black mirror series because just like when you're argumenting for something you also need to consider counter-arguments, all episodes were about negative implications of technology in the future so I appreciated that for once the technology was somewhat useful and for me calming instead of scary, I wouldn't want to die and want to be conscious as long as possible so my mind being active in a computer sounds nice to me

Fair enough, good points there but i still view it as one of, if not, the worst episode in the series and will never understand how anyone can view it as the best or even top 3.

Negro, san junipero could not have been active for more than a decade and already the quagmire is the largest, most populated region in the simulation by a huge margin.

There is absolutely nothing positive about the episode.

Yeah, I like it. I also like fat black cocks up my ass

That company is selling a lie because after dying it's just programming written by thousands of coders.

>americanized
What the fuck does this actually mean?

The whole story is about technology you dumb fucking idiot.

The clues are all over the place if you rewatch it, it's quite well made.

It means it went to shit

You can't know that, and it isn't handled inside the show. You don't know how the brains structure is handled inside the supercomputers. It's very probable that it functions just like it would in the real world, so that there wouldn't be a difference philosophically between thought in the computer or outside. I think it's very probable that it's the real deal, intelligence transferred past biological limitations, because of how complex the brain is. If you convert it poorly "a la google translate" into a whole different type of stucture it wouldn't function as it's supposed to. For people to think normally and remember normally it would have to be the real deal. According to me.

Yeah I liked that it actually ended on a positive note for once. None of the usual divine punishment for playing God.

I think that you're jumping to conclusions here. Furthermore even if that were true I still think that a life spent seeking thrills without fear of death still has a lot a value, to say that you can't be happy in that state is a bit presumptuous. Also I'm sure more varied versions of simulated life would be developed so that more people would find meaning in the afterlife.

Personally I found the story of the girl who was crippled really moving.

This. The american continent went to shit after americanization

This. I didn't like this episode because it was like one of the bad Twilight Zone episodes where everything is dependent on you not figuring out the extremely obvious twist. The episode is padded out by an absurd amount of filler - nearly 1/3 of the episode is driving and biking scenes.

Sup Forums just likes it because EPIC TROLLFACE PEDO TAKEDOWN

It's not just that the interracial lesbian relationship was forced, it's just that the writing was fucking terrible. The sheboon goes on a diatribe towards the end of the episode explaining to Yorkshire Terrier that she would never spend an eternity in some vapid artificial world because of what she had lost. Her kid died young and her husband did the noble thing and joined his kid in death instead of partying it up in virtual reality.

They try to paint this sheboon as having some kind of noble principles instead of just being some sex-crazed pansexual who fucks everything all of the time. They explain the reasons as to why she's such a cold-hearted bitch to both Jack Russel and the dude from the beginning of the episode who kept trying to pursue a relationship with her. Then they throw it all away in an instant when the sheboon decides that honoring the memory of her dead child and her husband as not worth licking some white girl's virtual pussy every night.

Every other episode had a tragic ending but of course the one episode where they shoehorned in the lesbian interracial relationship had to be happy go lucky. It's a series about how technology ruins our lives and then they go and do this. It was pathetic well beyond the SJW dick sucking.

series 1 and 2 were hit or miss and series 3 is genuinely bad.

You're one miserable bitter fuck aren't you

Valid points. I'm aligned with the show creators, gay relationships are like any other to me (at least when they still act like humans instead of adopting new identities, such as men suddenly starting to speak with flamboyant high pitched voices when they've realized they're gay), but the fact that I can tell what the creators political stances are when the episode isn't meant to be a political statement is sign enough that their work has been too influenced by their agenda. Quality should come first hand even if the cause is agreeable

Series 3 shouldn't even exist. I never understood why British TV series were always so short but now I get it. Series 3 was liking propping up a bloody, decayed corpse and forcing it to do tricks. The Christmas special with the dude who got cucked was great and they should've just cut it there and ended up a high note.

What would you do for three millions years?

Become the wisest man to ever live, or crack into insanity after some hours and eventually stop functioning
50/50 chance, eh? or something like that I skipped math class

Masturbate nonstop.

It's good, Sup Forums hates it though.

there are two american continents

So far my favorite episode is Fifteen Million Merits. It illustrates the dangers of fame and consumerism. It answers the question "What if I was forced to use the internet 24/7?"

Obvious bait

I liked it, however after thinking about it "Shut Up and Dance" makes absolutely no sense, how were the hackers supposed to prove that two of those people were jacking off to kids when they only got into the webcam?

it also shows how you'll only be discontent if you don't always like to swallow what appeals to base desires

>when they only got into the webcam?
What makes you think that this was the case? How would they have his email? Also how do you think that you hack into a webcam?

>"What if I was forced to use the internet 24/7?"

How is that different from what I do anyway?

this is explained by one of those moments that doesn't quite make sense on the first time watching but makes complete sense on the second time.

when kenny is talking to the older guy, he says that the hackers mentioned to him that they would expose everything, and that they got a hold of all the contents of his hard drive. kenny breaks down crying. they have his web cache and anything he's downloaded.

the older guy also mentions that even the pope probably jacks off and he doesn't know why he'd jump through so many hoops to keep people from finding out that he's a teenage boy jacking off. this also leads toward the "he did something much worse than that" conclusion.

are you forced though? also you have anonymity.

>simple commentary
so exactly like S1 & S2?

*simpler
Had to answer to them digits

fifteen thousand merits is the only episode i really liked, it was fucking amazing