Finally watched Drive last night. I thought you guys were just memeing about the autism stuff...

Finally watched Drive last night. I thought you guys were just memeing about the autism stuff, but I genuinely saw a bit of myself in the main character. Maybe that means I have autism.

I enjoyed it, anyway. It was refreshing to see a film about, if you'll excuse my wording, "a real hero." Discuss, I guess.

Discuss what? That you're an autist?

Discuss the driver's tax policy.

We are all autists on this blessed day.

He's not actually autistic, its just a front. Remember when he is talking with Shannon about how the girl's location was revealed, and he starts flipping his shit and starts speaking in coherent sentences instead of just giving looks?

If he was actually as autistic as the film made him out to be in the beginning, then he would be literally incapable of doing that.

T. Psychefag

>every single case of autism is exactly the same

Man, you must be failing your classes pretty fucking hard

There is no such thing as selective autism, there are many different kinds of disorders that are just swept under the autism rug, yeah, but based on that confrontation alone there is no way he's actually autistic.

He's in LA ffs, he was acting the whole time.

I audit.

He is not autistic, in the film, you are confusing what autism means. He is asocial, which can be a part of autism, compare him to Chris Chan, that is autism. He is not like Chris Chan.

>but based on that confrontation alone there is no way he's actually autistic

He's sure as shit not full-blown, but much like you he's undoubtedly on the spectrum

Not really, he's most likely just an extreme introvert. He has no problem with the overall way he empathizes with others, its most likely he came from an abusive family background which is what lead to him becoming a career criminal/ wanderer.

Would explain a lot about his actions as well.

Why is it that most people who are "different" have to have it explained away with a troubled past? I've lived a normal life but I'm still pretty fucked up.

Also does anyone else think it sounds more like "real human Bane"?

I miss Driveposting

just watched the movie a few days ago, was kind of let down because Sup Forums really hyped it up but it was still a decent film, loved the soundtrack and aesthetics tho

I hate that tagline.

What would a better tagline be?

trust me when I say this, you have nothing in common with the character in that movie. You are a loser who posts on a Kazakhstan hat making forum, he was a real human bean hero

>I've lived a normal life but I'm still pretty fucked up.

Are you a bank robber, professional driver, and hitman tho?

I don't even know how to drive, to be honest.

>tfw just got a job where I drive around delivering packages all day
I-i-i finally drive

he's just a strong, silent type

>Some Human Beans are Real

Why was Marlin so big in this shot?

>asocial

is that why he crushes on his neighbor so hard?

Watch Blue Ruin if you liked Drive.

>recalls the dark wit of the Coens
What the hell kind of blurb is that? It's not like the Coens aren't around anymore.

Implies dominance. He's the boss, the big tuna, the cat's pajamas, the man with the dirty hands. He towers over Gooseling visually AND symbolically.

And this gives him power over him?

That's why he's autistic. Autistic people tend to obsess heavily over that one person who catches their attention. She was "the one" for him.

"want a toothpick?"

Well the shot itself doesn't give him power, he's already a mob boss so he already has power over Gooseling, especially when in that scene he's hiring goose as a subordinate to do his dirty work.

The shot just tells you what you need to know, which is that dirty hands man is the bad guy.

But Gosling was the first one to say that his hands are dirty. So both the hero and the villain have dirty hands.

He's an introvert you fucking retards. You're taking this autism shit far too seriously.

What kind of introvert says "Shut your mouth, or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and I'll shut it for you."

One that's been pushed too far.

It's not a fucking rule, he doesn't have to be an introvert in all circumstances.

Makes more sense for him to be autistic and not know how to handle social situations.

Goose was being literal about his dirty hands because he's autistic and oblivious. Bernie meant it in the crime sense.

Watch Refn's Bleeder (1999)

He was being literal, but it carried a double meaning because we know that the Driver is in fact a criminal himself. Quite brilliantly executed by Refn.

Sneaking into a strip club, beating a guy up and interrogating him with a hammer isn't really an average social situation user. You don't need to be james bond to pull that shit off.

It takes balls, which is something introverts don't have. Only an autist would be so bold.

any autist could fuck 10/10 actresses if they looked like ryan gosling

Is Carey Mulligan a 10? I'm not the best judge of these things. I can only identify beauty in anime girls.

>introverts don't have balls

Introverts just get tired at parties dude, doesn't really have much bearing on your skills as a thug.

she has the cute thing going for her. it's all subjective anyway. i'd rather bang someone with her features than a 6 ft tall super model with bolted on tits

That's a good point. As an anime fan I prefer cuteness so I can certainly see the appeal.

jesus fuck youre all seriously mentally challenged

I thought we already went over the fact that everyone on Sup Forums is autistic.

This movie is antisemitic

A pilot on a cold, cold morn’

I think that's why some people on this site like it so much.

>At drive thru
>"Can I take your order sir?"
>I drive
>Rev engine
>Drop toothpick, lose control of car
>Crash through wall killing many employees
>Put on my jacket
>Disappear into the night

Gonna show you where it's dark but have no fear

if you liked drive watch the guest, its basically a thriller version of it with a superior use of soundtrack

More like the plebbit version

Watch OGF instead

How did he get stabbed in the chest and survive? That looked a lot more fatal than Bryan Cranston somehow dying from a cut on his arm (also, what the fuck?).

Shut your mouth

That movie fuckin blows dude

Walter got his veins cut and bled to death whereas the goose only got stabbed in the side.

Spotted the faggot! Fuck you.

OGF is Refn's 2nd best movie after Bronson

Fight me Sup Forums

.....wanna fight?

why would i fight you, you have the taste of an educated gentleman and a real human being

How come Big Jew said "no pain"? I think bleeding to death would be pretty painful.

This movie was extremely unrealistic.

>Jews doing physical violence themselves

>not having goyim dogs to do their dirty work

Yeah right

For you

yes

Was it written to be literal, but Gosling intoned it to imply his criminal past?

God your smug psycho analyzing is making me wanna puke

>getting physically sick from reading a Sup Forums post
?

their influence is felt, but I agree, it's a stupid thing to say.

Good advice, awesome movie. Also check out Cold In July.

". . ."

REAL HUMAN BEAN

OGF is garbage except for the cinematography. The whole movie is pointless. Kristin Scott Thomas was hot AF in it though.
Forgot to mention that one, awesome movie

Made me spit my coffee. Worth.

I bet you didn't like halloween either, faggot
The Guest is a beautiful homage to 80s slashers
kek

>Cold In July
Shall do, thanks!

totally agree friendo!
pic related by the way

It's not.

>implying capeshit
OGF was pointless garbage, period
Funny that you post that pic mentioning Breaking Bad when it's a series based on "muh deep symbology" like OGF.

Probably my favorite quote from the film.

You're going to have to explain to me how it's not. I feel sick just thinking about it.

>I enjoyed it, anyway. It was refreshing to see a film about, if you'll excuse my wording, "a real hero." Discuss, I guess.

you need to, excuse my "meme" xD, Go Back

"Go back" has to be the most ironic meme of all time. To use it and not realize what a cancer upon the site you are.