I think at last we understand one another, Frodo Baggins

I think at last we understand one another, Frodo Baggins

What did he finally understand? Did they talk about their tax policies? Was the tax on the One Ring too high so Faramir didn't take?

my little pony posters reborn

>posting quotes from a movie as a pretext for discussion is worth being autistic over

>You know the laws of your father, if you release them, your life is forfeit
What the hell kind of law is that?

How did Gimli know what a nervous system was?

How is Dave Mustaine tv related?

What was Boromir's tax policy?

>6 posts over 3 years
Does it really bother you?

Borrow more

How did Faramir know his last name?

>Fictional High Fantasy Universe

Regardless, it was only in the Extended Edition so as to not trigger normies.

>dude it's just fantasy lmao

What's wrong with this scene, other than the CGI being a little off-putting?

It's fucking retarded.

kek

Quality assessment.

I thought the entire sequence worked quite nicely, and Smaug flying towards Laketown was a great lead in to Five Armies.

Shame about the 3rd film, anyway.

it exposes the glaring inadequacies of the dwarven tax policy

>I thought the entire sequence worked quite nicely

You're wrong

Well, that's alright, I suppose. I mean there aren't any negatives, right?

Gold doesn't fucking work like that, it wouldn't stay perfectly still for dramatic effect before melting like Kraft cheese, the whole sequence is fucking retarded bullshit like Thorin riding the wheelbarrow in lava
>OH HURRHURRR IT'S JUST FANTASY DOESN'T EVEN MATTER BRO HURRRRRRR
Yeah it's fantasy so it has dragons and hobbits, not fantasy where gold doesn't obey the laws of physics, it's called internal consistency you fucking retard why don't you read up on it

YOU WILL TAKE THE TAXES TO SAURON

They work for the Eye... the Ringetta man

>it wouldn't stay perfectly still for dramatic effect before melting

That's why it's a fucking movie, and not a documentary. The entire purpose of the film is for dramatic effect. I swear to God there was a line in the Fellowship of the Rings where somebody was discussing a swordfight with the Sword Master, Bob Anderson, and he says something along the lines of "Well, you know in a real fight you wouldn't do that" and he responds with "That's why it's in the movies, my boy!"

Do the world a favor and pour some molten gold down your throat.

>like Kraft cheese

Well, I did say the CGI wasn't fantastic in regards to the gold. Smaug is so well done that it does look unfinished compared to him.

>The entire purpose of the film is for dramatic effect
There's a difference between something done for good dramatic effect, like Aragorn staring at the eye of Sauron before charging headfirst into the orcs, and something done for bad dramatic effect, like a bunch of Kraft cheese standing perfectly still, you fucking mong. The Hobbit films are absolutely terrible disgraces and if you don't agree you are literally, LITERALLY a braindead retard who deserves to be euthanized.

>That's why it's a fucking movie, and not a documentary.
>OH HURRHURRR IT'S JUST FANTASY DOESN'T EVEN MATTER BRO HURRRRRRR
There's a difference between "unrealistic combat styles" and "things looking absolutely retarded." It looks like a scene from a fucking Pixar movie for kids.

>Smaug is so well done
Smaug looks like shit in that sequence, too. He looks like a cartoony, anthropomorphized dragon that belongs in Shrek

>I did say the CGI wasn't fantastic in regards to the gold
It looks like shit

>There's a difference between something done for good dramatic effect, like Aragorn staring at the eye of Sauron
>>Strategic Main Antagonist jobbing like a moron for Aragorn is a good dramatic effect

The Appendices > Fellowship > Unexpected > Two Towers = Desolation > Return > Five Armies

Why are you trying to push this? Are you the new barneyfag?

>pic related, it's you

>It looks like a scene from a fucking Pixar movie for kids.

Uhh, it is. To a degree, anyway. If anything the films tried to be closer to the LotR films than their source material.

If it had been closer to the source it would've been goofier. You even read the book?

>you're a big eye
>for Frodo

It's not set in our world, perhaps they knew what a nervous system was in that world.

severely underrated

You can't defend the gold scene. You just can't.

>HURR DURR IT'S A MOVIE

So does that mean it'd be ok if Aragorn could fly in the movie?

>So does that mean it'd be ok if Aragorn could fly in the movie?

No, but the concept of a humanoid character flying isn't inherently wrong.

Surely you can tell the difference between a Character and a Gold Statue in relation to the Story, right?

Changing Aragorn would be quite a jump as opposed to changing The Dwarves and their interactions (or lack thereof) with Smaug, especially when you're dealing with The Hobbit versus The Lord of the Rings.

You're removing the context in an effort to prove what exactly? That the concept of creating a spectacle that the target audience might enjoy is wrong?