Watching Star Wars for the first time

Ok, I know it's 2017 but I'm finally considering watching the Star Wars films for the first time, question is... in which order? 4,5,6,1,2,3,7 or 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 or otherwise?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/lcno2
starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The best order is

4, 5, 2, 3, 6

This way you get to see Vader first instead of starting off with whiny Anakin, and waste no time on episode 1, which adds nothing to the story.

4 5 6
And done.

Actually, on second thought,

4, 5, 3, 6

Episode 2 really adds nothing to the story either.

>Episode 2 really adds nothing to the story either
By that logic you can just skip everything and watch 7, as none of the movies contribute to 7 at all other than a bunch of references and easter eggs.

Watch the Original Trilogy. If you really, really love it then after that watch the Prequels so you can understand why everyone fucking hates them. If you liked the OT but don't really love them, then just move on to Episode 7.

>1234567

Makes more sense but you will lose some shocking moments

>4561237
It's the standard, but spoils a bit of the prequels

>452367 (Skipping entirely the Chapter 1)
It's the choice of many fans for some reason

>4172536
It's the "poetry George Lucas" version

I'm talking about the story of Luke/Han/Leia fighting the Empire, and Anakin's fall then redemption. 1 adds nothing to that. 2 is basically pointless as well. But 3 provides a little bit of backstory that's hinted at in 4 and 5, while avoiding most of the shit of 1 and 2.

Anakin and Obi-Wan actually sort of seem like friends, unlike in 1 and 2. You get to skip Jar-Jar, Not Boba Fett, riveting discussions about intergalactic taxes, the majority of the godawful love dialogue, podracing, psycho Anakin from episode 2 (which really undercut the whole "good man falling" thing), the word "padawan"....really, most of the worst things about Star Wars go away by removing 1 and 2, and you lose shockingly little from the narrative. Leaving a lot of questions unanswered, like how did Anakin/Padme meet, where did the clones come from, etc., is actually better than having to sit through the horrible explanations that episodes 1 and 2 provide.

7 is shit and has nothing to do with the story of Star Wars, it's just Disney making some cash a decade after the series ended.

shut up you idiot

just do 456 123 7 like a normal person op

Makes enough sense for me

1, 2, and 7 are all worthless trash. It's a testament to Lucas' ability to fuck up a story that you get so little from 1 and 2, and to Disney's ability to make safe cash cow that 7 is so bland but so lucrative.

I honestly recommend the 45367 order and add 1 and 2 before 3 if you're really interested. I recently watched the movies with my mother who had never seen them and she loved that order.

>all these people recommending watching 7 at all
FUCK OFF DISNEY

4, 5, 6, 7

Then jerk off to some pics and webms of Natalie Portman as Padmé

Watch them in the order they came out.

Correct.

/thread

well hey, don't stop posting them now

I suppose I should go from the top

7 is not outstanding, but it is better than 1 and 2

4 5 6 - Essential. This is the star wars most everyone knows. SW pop culture comes from this.
1 2 3 - Optional. Watch if you want more star wars.
Rogue One - Really Optional/Not even necessary. Watch if you want some Ep 4 in HD.
7 8 9 - Normie tier. Watch if you want something to talk about. If you don't watch the sequels youll fall behind everyone else.

456 -> 123 -> 7
rogue one is shit
watch the prequels just to understand the prequel memes

Reminder George Lucas personally designed this outfit

Bravo Lucas

4 - 5 - 6 - 1 - 2 - Clone War Animated Series - 3 - 4 - Holiday Special - 5 - 6 - 7

Chronological, so
I
II
III
Ro
IV
V
VI
VII

I would say
>4, 5, 6
>1, 2
>The Clone Wars
>3

you are a gentleman and a scholar

why thank you

last one

Hershlag > bunny > Carrie > xenomorph

>George Lucas told Carrie Fisher, she couldn't wear bra because gravity will screw it in space
I swear he's /ourguy/, imagine of he did it Ep VII and R1, what kind of outfits would they have?

Makes me wonder, what are the disadvantages of watching the series chronologically? (I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII)?

oops I skipped 9, NOW it's the last one

ugly jew

>the "poetry George Lucas" version
based

ugly YOU

imgur.com/a/lcno2

You miss all of the allusions and foreshadowing in the prequels and The Clone Wars.

Reported

one of the reasons why I love ep2

So the best order would be IV,V,VI,I,II,III,VII

Why do some skip I? I mean, it has Herschlag; can't be that bad then, right?

episode 1 has the 2nd best battle sequence in the whole saga

Thanks to her my type of women is truly defined, I'm unable to love anyone but someone who's an identical twin of Herschlag. Where to find one is the main question...

There's only one, unfortunately.

Israel

There are always identical twins who are not famous out there, so I'm still not giving up hope.

Just don't watch it.

I'm not even memeing star wars fucking sucks and everyone just pretends because everyone has been tricked into watching it.

Its got a lot of great elements. There is phenomenal music, The Lightsaber is just cool, great use of imagery.

But it all comes together to make 3 movies that are cozy because of their age but overall are in no way good.

Don't listen to anyone who says watch the prequels or any of the disney movies. Maybe look up scenes for prime portman.

Herschlag a cute! CUTE!

Young Han Solo, Rogue One, 7, 2, (get the good ones out of the way first) 5, 1, 3, 6, 4

Lucas' intended order

4,5,1,2,3,RO,6,7 is the best order in terms of not spoiling stuff or going against the intentions of the creators.

But that's a pretty autistic order that needs explanations and stuff so you should probably just watch them in release order like EVERY OTHER MEDIA FRANCHISE EVER MADE.

Order of release.

4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, 7, RO.

This is the objectively best answer

(Material to understand ROTS, the most kino of all Star Wars flicks)
The Clone Wars CGI tv series (Chronological order is definitely superior for the series as a whole starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder )
(Skip the pilot movie, at most watch the first half hour for an introduction to Ahsoka, that part was supposed to be an episode in the show anyway.)
Genndys Clone Wars Volume 2

(The "War in a galaxy far far away is actually hell" trilogy)
Epsiode 3 Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
Episode 4 A New Hope

(The "Pursuit of Peace" trilogy)
Episode 5 Empire Strikes Back
Episode 6 Return of the Jedi
Never watch Episode 7, replaced with Thrawn book trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, Last Command) and Hand of Thrawn book Duology (exist also as audiodramas, dl links are in the Sup Forums Star Wars General)

See

/thread.

I would cut out 7 from the poetry version until the whole stanza has been released.

> four battles at the same time

George admitted that he has gone to far in a few places.

This is the prequel movie with the least amount of Natalie to be fair, maybe that has somethign to do with it.
Basically, even within its own trilogy the movie feels completely displaced and like some kind of special fanservice episode by virtue of being placed 10 years before Episode 2 while Epsiode 2, 3 and the Clone Wars shows are all placed within a timeframe of 3 years.

Seriously this.

The total high points of Star Wars are practically covered by 3, Rogue One and 4 as their own trilogy so that would be a nice, condensed version with much less bullshit but in the end more and invitation to get hooked on the merchandising train than something truly artistic.

> you fucking retard completely forgot about Darth Vader being Lukes father

I hate those niggers pretending that Soap Opera plot twists and the half-assed attempts at spirituality are the defining parts of Star Wars.
The defining part is repetition of history, futility in every action of living beings and the unending cycle of death, despair and hope.