Anyone know any good obscure horror movies?

Anyone know any good obscure horror movies?
I'm looking for something scary and or fun.

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt4935334/
youtube.com/watch?v=462KBuAhncU
youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM
youtube.com/watch?v=xavcTEwk3VQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ph_sR51KBi8
youtube.com/watch?v=w1NKlXhXoQs
astron-6.com/heartofkarl.html
imdb.com/title/tt0452592/
imdb.com/title/tt2071550/
imdb.com/title/tt0142074/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This looks and sounds pretty generic from the title and the summary, but it's actually quite spooky and atmospheric.

Not sure what you mean by obscure. "Normie obscure" or obscure by Sup Forums standards?

If it's the former, try Housebound. If it's the latter, In My Skin or Der Kopf des Mohren.

this movie would have been so much more enjoyable if whenever the monster shows up they stopped shaking the fucking camera and quit it with the choppy editing.

I've watched a lot of horror movies and I want something new I haven't seen yet doesn't need to be original I just want something scary or fun..
But at the same time I dont want any kind of art house or pretentious horror if that makes any sense.
So I guess I'm leaning a bit to "Normie obscure" but not too Normie.
If that makes any sense.

For a slow burner you could check out "Last Weekend" (either version; they're both good) or "Altered", if you want something a little more gory and monster-oriented.

Dust Devil

>any kind of art house or pretentious horror if that makes any sense.
It does. Then I wouldn't recommend Kopf des Mohren after all. I guess you could check out Inside (gore), the Laid to Rest movies (traditional slashers with great practical effects), Inbred (horror comedy) or Clown (body horror with a ridiculous premise, but played straight).

>body horror
The first half, that is. Then it turns into sort of a monster slasher. Still fun, though.

I wouldn't consider a lot of these "obscure", if you're a person who likes horror films you should've already seen them but you're starting your thread with the Splinter poster, a film which falls under this category, so I'm guessing you aren't experienced in the horror genre.

Dead End (2003), Triangle, Pontypool, Would You Rather (2012), Slither, Kill List, Bug (2006), The Conspiracy (2012), Tourist Trap, Stage Fright (2014), 13 Sins (the remake, the original, 13 Beloved is fucking awful), Wolf Creek 2 (excellent, superior to the original in every aspect), Eden Lake, P2, Dead Silence, Fragile (2005)

Shit, I meant LONG Weekend, not Last Weekend.

I thought something was wrong, when I looked it up.
Looked like a romance film rather then a horror film.

The Hills Run Red.

Southbound

imdb.com/title/tt4935334/

The segments are great even though theres some spotty cgi.

Not OP here, just out of curiosity, why Dead Silence? Out of all of those okay-to-great movies, that one kinda sticks out as a black sheep.

If you're up for episodic horror, you could also check out Amusement. People shit on it on review sites, but I found it amusing.

I thought it was bretty good. The flashback scene with the kid accusing Mary Shaw being a fake and twist ending were GOAT.

Which horror film was the one that was a CIA or FBI agent going through footage of various cams from inside a national park in which people are getting attacked by werewolves?

I saw amusement a few years ago on Netflix

>that body suit fake out
top lels

Is that the movie with the blond qt?

Isolation (2005)

Anyone watched Pandorum?
I've seen it being compared to event horizon, which is probably my all time favourite horror movie.

It's nowhere near as good but worth a watch if you go into it not expecting much.

I liked it, but it's not Event Horizon at all. Be prepared for silly kung fu.

These might not be obscure for Sup Forums but these are my favorite horror movies.
Noroi
Lake Mungo
Shutter (2004) (every normie thinks I'm talking about Shutter Island when I mention this)
The Conspiracy (good if you like conspiracy theories)
Lovely Molly
Kill List (mainly like this because it doesn't feel like horror until the end)
A Tale of Two Sisters
Lord of Tears (feels like a student film, but it's cool to have a movie about Irish folklore)
Banshee Chapter
Pontypool (leaves a lot of the horror up to the imagination)
Triangle (not scary, but I have a hard-on for time anomalies)
Ravenous
The Canal (this one might be my favorite of all of this, pure horror-kino imo)
Deadgirl (if you like a movie about humans being depraved)
Escape from Tomorrow (kind of horror)
That's pretty much my list of non-mainstream horror that I like, hope this helps.

youtube.com/watch?v=462KBuAhncU

here ya go

Other question.
What are some good horror shorts/home made horror/indie horror clips/films?
Something like the local 58 shorts
youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM

I unironically like this, there is some serious genius behind it

Nothing here is truly obscure in my opinion but this is still a decent list.

I liked this. Cool setting too.

Fug.

The Conspiracy is fucking amazing horror.

wew that was retarded

Frankenstein's Army has great, great monster design.

it's more of a thriller but Crimson Rivers

Are you fucking kidding me? The exposition dump about the conspiracy early in the film fucking killed it on the spot for me

>the objective
>resolution
>kill list
>possession
>jacobs ladder

ANGST 1983

Seconding Resolution, real weird but neato movie.
Kill List how is a boring pile of shit.

Don't judge just because it's stopmotion youtube.com/watch?v=xavcTEwk3VQ

A couple of the only good SCP ones
youtube.com/watch?v=ph_sR51KBi8
youtube.com/watch?v=w1NKlXhXoQs

I know I can NOT recommend YellowBrickRoad and Shrooms

To be honest, stop motion always seemed uncanny to me.
Even something like Wallace and Gromit always seemed off to me.

>Kill List how is a boring pile of shit.
Phew that's some amazingly shit taste right there.

Faggot.

But it literally removed 90% all the mystery and tension from the rest of the film

>where's my blood gore and action, fuck all this talking shit man get to the good stuff already

borderland.

Even has Sam from LoTR in it.

Are you baiting? I wanted the opposite of that, but after the exposition dump all that was a 30-40 minute wait for boring blood and gore

Noroi

also The Woods (2006) was pretty meh, only watch it if you think you really like the setting and can't get enough of it

>all that was a 30-40 minute wait for boring blood and gore
No. It was a 50 minute mystery build up which leads into about 30 minutes of suspense which concludes with one (offscreen) kill (or not, depending on how you interpret the ending).

You want scary? Look at your taxes!

looks like anthony hopkins

I distinctly remember either the fat conspiracy guy or someone with a blurred face just suddenly explaining most of everything about half an our or so into the movie

It's been a while since I watched it, though, I just remember getting really angry at how the directors messed up the suspense

do you realize the budget it was made on?
the monster was literally trashbags and plastic

Thanks user, best laughs I've had all year

I would like to know this too

This is hated by almost everyone, but i though the ending was really clever and refreshing, anything else like it?

Holy shit this. I stopped watching because the shaky-cam was nauseatingly obnoxious.

kill list is great

sounds good

altered is the shit

>Slither
Came to post this
love this movie

astron-6.com/heartofkarl.html

T---H--I--C

what the fuck

imdb.com/title/tt0452592/

Borderland

There's a cheap movie about ayy lmaos that I can't remember the name but it's very spooky, it's found footage style, the plot is basically a family dinner party, in house in the woods and the ayy lmaos are trying to get inside.
Does anyone knows that name of this movie?

Wait really? I thought it was cgi

This is relatively unknown:
imdb.com/title/tt2071550/

You mean that 1989 movie UFO Abduction?

there was also this remake from 1998:
imdb.com/title/tt0142074/

The Feast trilogy is a fun ride. I recommend marathoning it with friends who haven't seen it.

Does it have something to do with a comet?

The ending wasn't clever at all. She killed her father in self defense. That's very different from the sacrifice needed to complete the ritual. It was BS.

Not that obscure anymore, but still very much worth watching.

of course i realize its low budget

thats why in most low budget monster movies you film your crappy looking man in a suit in low light with lots of shadow and creative framing.

this movie is literally shot in bright harsh light and they think just shaking the camera a bunch takes care of it.

Yeah, I think that's the one.

These anons know what up.

Its good, not as much of a classic as Event Horizon, but it kinda have that space lovecraft feel.

the german is a qt too

Hahaa try watching Society (1989) or The Brood if you think that picture's weird at all.

The point was that the grandfather didn't kill him while he was a kid because the sacrifice demanded a loved one, and in truth he didn't care for his son. When he realized that his granddaughter truly loved her father, he freed her. So the darkness won.

Banshee Chapter was terrible

The grave encounters movies

Afflicted i think is its name. Its about 2 friends that try going on adventures through Europe kind of thought it was going a different direction when they talk about one guys cancer or disease and how they could get fucked over if he was unable to get to a hospital in thailand

Yeah, the grandfather actually said all of that out loud in movie. The point is that it still isn't a sacrifice. If the grandfather kill him, it won't work. Killing him in self defense still won't do the job.

May

Why isn't it a sacrifice? What is the international protocol for sacrifices? He died while the darkness was in the house, that is it.

please tell me some obnoxious woman doesnt kill the bad guy in the end

No, the protagonists are all male. There's only one female character in the entire movie; a love interest, from what I recall.

Killer hogs, all practical, no CGI. Recommended if you like classic animal horror like Razorback or Shakma.

Any download links? Can't find it

Coherence
+1
The Guest
You're Next
Phantom of the Paradise
Oprah
I Saw the Devil
Repulsion
Possession
The Entity
The Loved Ones
The Skin I Live In
Over the Garden Wall
Dead Ringers
Prince of Darkness
Onibaba
Perfect Blue

Some of these are more thrillers but all good.

>Over the Garden Wall
wat

Are you implying it doesnt have horror motifs?

underrated

Recently saw Black Mountain Side.

It's ok, I'd say about average to slightly above average. It gets shit on by normies, not really sure why.