Attacking football all the way

>attacking football all the way
>team full of stars
>successful
>affordable tickets
>effay kits

Why do the brit bongs still don't man city?

truly the patrician's manchester squad

mediocre in european competitions

>no culture
>no fans
>no history
>not even a quippy little nickname
>mercenaries
I wonder why

Not this year though

We'll see if they even make it to the semis

>even

The semis is an achievement. And they made it in 15/16.

>this flag
Opinion discarded

He's right though. They are a completely plastic club who would still be Aston Villa tier if it wasn't for oil daddy.

>mercenaries
Lol wat.

Because they are a metaphor for the current state of the world. They're a team of paid mercenaries with no creed or culture. They're there to do a job and once the job is over, nothing remains. They are overpaid and multicultural, pushing the Manchester out of Manchester City. Their source is a group of wealthy ultra capitalists that do not care for the soil or the history, only money. When you have but foreigners and wealth, you have nothing. An empty, corporate, machine. No wonder they have a ship as their logo. They just pillage and plunder where they see fit.

Muh pedigree.

I used to be a lifelong but the club became an Arab playtoy followed by bandwaggoners. I imagine this is why many don't into Man City.

That said, I will always hate Man Utd for being the club that did more than any other to take the game from the working man and turn it into a soulless business.

How mad do you think lifelong City fans like the Gallagher brothers at bandwagoners or people saying City don't have fans?

>mercenaries
No more so than players at any other club.

>overpaid
Their wages are about the same as Man Utd's.

>multicultural
What does it matter that they have foreigners? Most clubs are that way. And even if clubs have English players, they don't all come from the surrounding area. They are foreigners in a way too.

>no culture
Typical city. The club was very likeable because it was supported solely by Mancunians who weren't gloryhunters. Self depreciating but always loyal and never arrogant. Grade A chants (Niall Quinns Disco Pants, Feed the Goat) and bants (inflatable bananas)

>>no fans
Record attendance for a home game which stands to this day. Still brought in close to 30,000 each week despite playing in the third tier against very small clubs (York, Macclesfield).

>>no history
Apart from the domestic and european success along with the record attendance and being a top flight mainstay for over 100 years.

Why did you post an opinion on a matter you know literally nothing about? Genuine question. Did you just take a stab in the dark and hope to get some kudos on an anonymous mongolian pottery forum?

>Jihad City

I would support some local club I lived by. Leeds/Huddersfield/liverpool not some Bayern Münich kind of club.

Now compare that to the other top PL clubs.

Greater Manchester is the second largest urban area in the UK behind London. Why should someone who happens to live within ten miles of a big club choose a shit one twenty-five miles away?

They should be back in League One or the Championship where they belong with Venky Rovers

>being a top flight mainstay for over 100 years.
They've had 89 top flight seasons.

city fans don't even know the basics about their club
sums up their base nicely

>no history
It literally says 1894 on their crest, they're older than most baseball teams and the entire NFL/NBA/NHL.

Weren't Liverpool and Leeds "Bayern Munich kind of clubs" back in the day? Tons of money, deep CL runs, etc. ?

Soulless oil money mercs, can't even fill a stadium

They were kind of likeable when they were in the old stadium and were perennially shit, just because they were the other club in a city where Utd dominated Europe, whereas City fought to stay afloat. Even when they won the league in 2012 I bet most football fans were rooting for them to cuck United, and it was cool.

But they've since become a plastic club, and real fan realize that money doesn't and will never buy them character and history other smaller sides have. They might play nice and have good players, but everyone sees right through them and will never respect them, even if they buy the next 10 league titles.

Aston Villa have won a European Cup

City as a club have done a lot for the surroundi ng poor area and community. Arguably more thsn any other club since they have the spare cash to do so

>But they've since become a plastic club, and real fan realize that money doesn't and will never buy them character and history other smaller sides have.

Yes it will. Sooner or later people will forget they owe their success almost entirely to one rich guy choosing them almost at random. It happened with Milan, it's happening with Chelsea, and it's going to happen with Manchester City.

Oil money defaced the club and brought in plastic fans and gloryhunters. Sure they are successful now but it was like the old city has been buried instead of success being built on the tradition.

Arabs buying the club was no different than founding a new one altogether. They are on the same level as red bull with a tad more money being laundered.

90% of players in high-level football are mercs

City are actually exemplary of a very good, ethically run club. They do so much for the local community and invest a lot in their academy's youth. Plus why call their players mercenaries when they have several players who have stayed there for several plus years? Can't be just money, It's a good club.

Granted, it does operate almost exactly like a corporation does but at least City are one of the better ones, they actually focus on bringing a sense of community around the club whereas Manchester United are exemplary of corporate greed.

We know, they never fucking shut up about it, the cunts.

>no history
ok mls

>City are actually exemplary of a very good, ethically run club.
>ethically run

Well as long as you ignore that all the money is coming from the United Arab Emirates, I guess.

ok

very upset and nostalgic of when their team were garbage

Lol it wouldn't be any better if the US government bought one of your soccer clubs and funded the shit out of them either. Really don't understand how people in Manchester and Paris aren't up in arms over this shit, literal foreign countries are running their favorite sports team.

Corporate team - see the glass tunnel you can lay 1500bongs to watch the team enter through

Little youth development in comparison with rivals

Dropped the whole family club ideal which made them likable.

Always flop in continental football despite massive transfers.

No real fan base - can't even sell out champions league games.

Inferiority complex, want to be utd's main rivals but as any utd fan will tell you it'll always be Liverpool due to the huge history between the teams. In comparison citeh have only recently been a rival to utd and never beat them for an entire decade.

In total they have completely sold their sold and have little to show for it.

*And to be clear, I don't mean "random rich guy from a foreign country", like Abramovich with Chelsea, Kroenke with Arsenal, Henry with Liverpool, Glazers with United, etc. . I mean an actual government, which Shiekh Mansour is a part of as deputy PM of the United Arab Emirates and the UAE's brother.

**and the UAE President's brother

they have been consistently the best performing english club in europe since chelsea won the CL
you can have your opinions but dont spout nonsense

the rb leipzig of england

Tbf that's more of a commentary on how shit English teams have been than any high praise of Man City.

>they have been consistently the best performing english club in europe since chelsea won the CL
Literally only once been the best english club in the CL. Leicester did better than they did last season

That's MK Dons.

Spend £1billion on transfers
Still can't even get to a final

How do they even have fans

Morons and edgy cunts.

They have more of a right to exist than Wimbledon. Milton Keynes had people who wanted a local club. Wimbledon didn't until they lost it because the had the emotional maturity of toddlers. Of course, their whining and self righteous indignation meant fuck all when it came to destroying Kingstonian FC and the local dog track which had much more heritage than the team they couldn't give a shit about.

AFC Wimbledon are easily one of the most disgusting outfits in the football league.

>They have more of a right to exist than Wimbledon.
>this guy again
In an ideal world, neither of them should exist.

What AFC have done to Wimbledon Stadium is fucking disgusting though.

I never got this shit. so what? what would be a proper way to fund a club that is nice and fair for your commie opinion?

So what if Mansour is part of the government? That doesn't mean he's using governmental money to give to Man City.

as far as i'm concerned, as a neutral, city are the only must watch team in the league. the football is incredible. i honestly thought they'd flatten out this year. and struggle to get top 4, again. this could all fall apart somehow, but i'm enjoying it while it lasts.
as for the money, who gives a shit? i'm not here for a history lesson.

>they were likeable when they were shit
you don't say

Man Utd got bailed out by rich businessmen twice, I believe.

Name one team outside of Barca that isn't comprised of mostly mercs

>barca
>not mercs
The answer is Athletic Bilbao.

Barca is compromised of mostly mercs tho

this actually

bilbao

Frodao.

I do like City. Wherever you live in the UK, you grew up around legions of United fans who never shut the fuck up.
That 6-1 home loss to City is one of my most cherished memories, just because of the look on their faces.

I've always been a supporter of Leeds United, I really wish they go back to Premier League soon

who let yer da on Sup Forums?

>That doesn't mean he's using governmental money to give to Man City.

Etihad Airways, a government company, is their main sponsor, and Mansour is part of the ruling family of Abu Dhabi and part of the Supreme Petroleum Council of the UAE, as well as, again, a key part of the official government and the president's brother. He is using governmental money to give to Man City. They are a promotional tool for the UAE and for Etihad Airways. It's a smart move on their part because the oil won't last forever, but let's not pretend it's anything other than that.

Does Brighton and Hove Albion have supporters? They seem nice

City has negative aesthetics. Something about those sky blue shirts playing in an overcast misty Manchester afternoon makes the team look like a bunch of James Milners.

not true, bilbao use to be a pure basque heritage team only allowing basque player to play for the club. now they have nigger mercs playing

Chris Hughton scared them all off by being utterly insufferable.

This. "Williams" isn't a Basque name, and no amount of tricks will convince me otherwise.

Queens Park. Literally impossible

Bilbao is also used to get players from other basque teams or teams that arent even from basque lands like Osasuna, Osasuna gets really mad when Bilbao comes in and steals one of their young players

at least inaki williams was born in bilbao, and grew up in pamplona

But actually Iñaki Williams is Basque, he was born in Bilbao and is fully spanish, his parents may be not but Iñaki Williams fits the rule

Unlike Laporte tho.

Williams is more Basque than Dier/Sterling/Sturridge are English. At least he was born and raised in Bilbao.

By your logic, I'm a Greek Cypriot.

Read above. He's AS Basque as Sterling and Sturridge are English. That is to say, not at all. If your nationality is as simple as "where you were born", then it means nothing anyway. Though I can at least understand why someone from the States would think this way, even if it is only true of typically white Americans. Your Italians, Jews, Irish etc still consider themselves to be those things. But then again, those groups actually give a fuck about their heritage.

They had one of the best US midfielders we ever had so i bandwagon them

header babbies

It's because of Pep, who is unironically the best manager in the world, with Jose the honourable underdog. People are afraid to admit that a supreme alpha like Pep unnerves them so they take it our on City instead, in a displaced retaliation.

Didn't know winkleman browsed sp

Liverpool. YNWA la

Name one scouser in the Liverpool team

While Winkleanon is right about AFC Wimbledon being pricks to Kingstonian and both London greyhounds/stock car racing communities, he's wrong about Milton Keynes.

They had football teams; they just couldn't be bothered to support them because they were non-league.

>YWNA
>Make Lovren walk alone

Players care about glory as well as money. At least some of them. But caring about the club? Not really, at least not at first. Don't tell me no players who stay at a club 7 or 8 years who develop an affection for it.

if you were born there and lived there you whole life, then yeah you are greek/cypriot

roger cloven la

Trent Alexander Arnold, Jon Flanagan, Woodburn was born in Cheshire but has been living in Liverpool since he was a child

So what am I if I was born there, to British parents, lived there for a few years, then moved to the UK?

Greco-British?
If you're consistent with your logic, that has to be your answer. Yet if you seriously think that, you need your head examined.

They're about as relevant as wet spam throughout history. Wet spam are probably more relevant actually.

*Chester

No, you're British. Same way McCain is American.

>then moved
when did inaki williams move to a different country?

>Manchester City: 2 league titles in the past 5 years
>West Ham: 0 relevant trophies, ever, greatest achievement was being on the receiving end of a Steven Gerrard goal in 2006

Yep, they're on the same level, no doubt about it.

>not part of the country if you're born there
>but also not from the other country since you were born and raised in the first country
Fucking pick one morons

How soon until Wolves get accused of having no culture and being a moneybags team that everyone shits on?

Its already started

im just trying to figure out when inaki williams lived in a country that wasnt spain desu

because they wouldn't be where they were without sheikh mohammed's unlimited investments

According to the logic used, living somewhere makes you the same as others from there. Meaning biology doesn't enter the equation. So if somebody lives in two places, they are both nationalities.

You seem to be applying your logic selectively.

Lakers = Man U
Clippers = Man City
is this accurate?

I can understand why an american does not get the sense of tradition considering how american sports are. Current Man City is closer to one of the NBA/NHL/NFL franchises who do not bat an eye about changing cities than a traditional football club.
Tradition is built, not bought.