Just finished watching this a few minutes ago. What the fuck did i just seen?

Just finished watching this a few minutes ago. What the fuck did i just seen?

did you like it, op?

im a huge lynch fan, i adore the guys work but imho mulholland drive is weak at best.
inb4 3deep6u

A failed dyke actress hires a hitman to kill her ex then she has a dream followed by killing herself.

Best movie of the 21st century.

>imho mulholland drive is weak at best.

This is the "cool" Sup Forums patrician answer. It's popular, colorful, has beautiful women, and is more accessible than Lost Highway and Inland Empire so its fashionable to put it down here.

the Club Silencio sequence alone makes it one of the greatest films of the past 20 years.

this, the closing sequence makes it fairly clear

ACT

Kino. Feelings and ideas are more important than real world logic.

lynch's worst film but a few hours of watts being a qt at the very least

>lynch's worst film
How can anyone possibly think this?

>blurring out a vagina

lynch is a hack.

David Lynch throwing random ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Lynch ran out of ideas so he started making films about his stupid dreams. Eraserhead is great, Rabbits was okay, everything else is shit.

LLORAAAANDO
;_;

Okay, this movie in short: A failed lesbian actress gets a relationship with a successful actress who leaves her and is going to get married to a movie producer. The failed actress starts to work as a waiter at a diner and decides to hire a hitman to kill her former girlfriend (the successful actress) Now guilt kicks in and she conjures up this fantasy of the assassination going awry (clumsy hitman) and all the bad shit happening to the movie producer she's jealous of for getting married to her former girlfriend. She fantasizes about an entire underground conspiracy to justify why she failed as an actress but instead replaces herself with her girlfriend, becoming the successful star herself and taking care of her girlfriend which allows for their relationship to flourish (which didn't happen in reality)
And the body they find belongs to someone else (can't remember who it was) instead of her own.
After opening the mysterious blue box she gets thrown back into reality in which she returns home, finds the key which proves her former girlfriend indeed was killed by the hitman she hired and that same night her conscience takes over which fills her with guilt and terror and she kills herself, the end.

This is actually pretty accurate.

more sense and coherence than lost highway

doesn't come close to the lady in the radiator scene though.

>hurr durr I can film abstract images without meaning, be called a genius and have retards argue over what they actually mean for decades

A television pilot with a twist ending tacked on.

This is the general gist of it. Pretty straightforward. Sure, you can analyze the film and look for a ton of whatever subtle messages and themes you think are there for you to find, but the actual story is just that.

Blue Velvet > Eraserhead > Muhlolland Drive > Inland Empire > Lost Highway > the rest

who was the dead person they stumbled upon? It looked like the waitress from the diner, or was it meant to have been anyone? If Justin Thoreaux's character was an accessory to the plot, then what was the significance of his timeline and encounters with the cowboy?

read this
also
>i can get into abstract ideas once in a while
what a fucking plebeian

first 2/3 is a dream she has while jizzing off

last third is real part. shes a pathetic loser who kills her gf & then herself

This.

i like this movie, the plot actually makes sense
unlike lost highway or inland empire

>david lynch is so pretentious!
>this doesn't make any sense why you like this!
>this is not deep user, let's watch something like stranger things instead, that's a deep show!!

I haven't watched the movie in a long time so I'm not sure about the body they found. But the cowboy was a random person whom she spotted at that party where the movie producer and her girlfriend told her they were getting married. In her fantasy the random guest (the cowboy) became some underworld figure who threatened him, which was part of all the bad things happening to the movie producer as part of her twisted fantasy

>How can anyone have a different opinion to me

His story was just to show how the main character was trying to come up with reasons for why she failed to get the part she wanted (big dangerous hollywood conspiracy that Thoreaux couldn't escape of).

One could argue that the more personal side of his story, such as getting cucked, was just the main character thinking of bad things happening to him just out of spite (or that whole thing just being part of a longer story that was meant for TV)

H e l l o R e d d i t

eraserhead=blue velevet/fwwm/the elephant man/twin peaks>the straight story>wild at heart=mulholland drive/inland empire/lost highway

Stop making this thread every day.
The movie is dead simple.

>Girl gets a lesbian lover
>Lover has success in Hollywood as an actress and dumps girl for movie man
>Girl gets angry and hires a hitman to kill lover
>Dreams up a story about how things could have been
>Regret tearing her up and she commits suicide

The blue key doesn't open anything. It's just a message that the "job is done". The blue box becomes a symbol of what that blue key unlocks: The dreadful reality of what she has done.

Never post to me or my son ever again.

u watched a david lynch film and a pretty ok one @ that

I really liked Twin Peaks, should I watch this?

Yes.
Don't read the thread. It will ruin everything.

no hay banda

>i really liked twin peaks

lynch's movies are far darker and more abstract, but better shot and composed

i would start with fire walk with me since you just watched twin peaks

then i would watch blue velvet, as it's probably the most accessible lynch film and also in my opinion his best, and has similar qualities to twin peaks

then i would watch whatever you want, you should watch his movies in chronological order from there on

Watch Eraserhead last, I watched it first and feel like I've already watched his magnum opus and won't be able to stop myself from subconsciously comparing his others.

Didn't read much. Thanks.

Aldready watched FWWM. Noted.

Wow, I didn't think the difference could be so big.

FWWM isn't very good.
You'll probably like Mulholland Drive much more, if you liked Twin Peaks.

Just get the fuck out before you're spoiled now.

I don't think it's about quality with Eraserhead but it's such a unique film.

Not that his others aren't atypical.

For me, it could just be the image of her sleeping in her bed (this is the way of Lynch to show the paradox of finding yourself (your body) sleeping in the real world).

>Lost Highway

A man murders his wife and dreams up an elaborate story for why he's innocent.

>Inland Empire

An actress has a bad dream after hearing a crazy lady go on about BRUTAL FACKING MURDUH

Herself, you don't actually see her but she's named Diane in the dream.

It's simply Diane reflecting on her potential suicide.

Lmao this. If you can't explain what happened after the film ends you might be braindead.

FWWM is better than Mulholland Drive.

>FWWM is better than Mulholland Drive
Very no.
It's also much worse than Twin Peaks.

>An actress has a bad dream after hearing a crazy lady go on about BRUTAL FACKING MURDUH
Explain

THERE IS

NO

BAND