Faroe Independence

On the 14th of september 1946, a referendum was held in the Faroe Islands whether; they should become an independent country or continue as a danish amt.
The majority voted to become independent, but danish democracy stood in the way.
71 years later, we are still slaves.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faroese_independence_referendum,_1946

Other urls found in this thread:

faroeislands.fo/the-big-picture/history/
faroeislands.fo/people-society/people-of-the-faroe-islands/population/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eksperimentet
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish–Icelandic_Trade_Monopoly
bbc.com/news/magazine-16295827
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistarband
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

post vocaroo

I stand with Faroe. Death to Danish imperialism.

could the faroes even afford to be self-sufficient anyway? seems like you guys' economy relies on exporting fish and not much else

>slaves
We literally pay everything for you

we are selfsuffcient.
we wil just die if the fish goes

Who

Why were you not into money laundering and tax evasion when it was possible just like other islands did?

Meme country

> this post
> this flag

Quick rundowm on your country please, Faroe man
>Political views of the majority
>Religion
>How are foreigners treated
>Is the food good
>Any shitty ghetto ish areas?
>Are you fully westernized/ modernized?

Have another referendum then

One right after WW2 was obviously a shit idea

STFU cuck

not cool

we went fising instead.

>Political views of the majority
mostly social democrats

>Religion
According to the 2011 Census:
33,018 Christians (95.44%),
23 Muslims (0.07%),
7 Hindus (0.02%),
66 Buddhist (0.19%),
12 Jews (0.03%),
13 Baha'i (0.04%),
3 Sikh (0.01%),
149 Others (0.43%),
85 with more than one belief (0.25%)
1,397 with no religion (4.04%).

>How are foreigners treated
good

>Is the food good
yes, mostly rotten sheep/fish and potatoes

>Any shitty ghetto ish areas?
no

>Are you fully westernized/ modernized?
Still very christian and traditional, but we got roads and electricity.

We had already been "independent" for 5 years while denmark was under german occupation. People didn't want a return to pre war conditions.

denmark is a noncountry
Never give up on the fight for independence my Faroese brothers

spain is a noncountry
independence for Catalonia

why is your flag practically a Finnish flag with added red cross inside blue cross

Faroelad, what does climate change have in store for Faroe Islands?

coincidence. We just rearranged norways and icelands flag.
Worse weather, more rain, higher winds. Economically our living bread, fish, might leave, or not, no one knows.
Uncertain times ahead.

what are Faroes genetically?

same as iceland, germanic/celtic mix.

you are without the celtic mix, right?

How do i find a qt traditional faroesese lutheran gf??

faroes are the ancient stock of Norwegian genetics without outside influence

icelanders in comparison was mixed with celtics

however there is one thing connecting faroese and icelanders: their languages are most closely related to each other than to other languages in Germanic family

t. Szentkámány András

t. rromani-an pickpocket

>The first known settlers in the Faroe Islands were Irish monks, who in the 6th century AD told of the “Islands of the Sheep and the Paradise of Birds”.

faroeislands.fo/the-big-picture/history/

I'd be surprised if they didn't mix at all

very little since the Irish moved to Iceland and abandoned Faroe Island which was small and insignificant place

some Danish/Norwegians went to the Faroe Islands later, in 11th century and their descendants has been living there ever since

faroeislands.fo/people-society/people-of-the-faroe-islands/population/

hmmm...

>The population of the Faroe Islands is made up almost exclusively of native Faroese people (originally of Scandinavian and Gaelic descent).

they don't even look Gaelic at all, they look mostly Norwegian with very little Finnish mix

Recent DNA analysis have revealed that Y chromosomes, tracing male descent, are 87% Scandinavian.[1] The studies show that mitochondrial DNA, tracing female descent, is 84% Scottish / Irish.[2]

There are still a lot of places and words with irish origins.

how can gaelic men even compete?

DOWN WITH THE D*NISH IMPERIALISTS!

færoysveldi when

I still think the Faroese don't look Irish at all
Maybe the Y-DNA is more important than m-DNA when determining how the people will end up looking like?

>tfw

we're not imperialists

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eksperimentet

Imperialist oppressor scum, all D*nes will burn in hell

Do you seriously think the average person here condoned that?

hvat fer fram í hesum træðrinum?

>træðrinum
eg hevði sagt tráðinum

tú ert ikki eg

fínur [traggrur]

>intentionally starving and poisoning your supposedly equal „citizens“ for profit

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish–Icelandic_Trade_Monopoly

>then putting them in human zoos
bbc.com/news/magazine-16295827

>One of the first paintings is of four Greenlanders brought to the Danish court in 1664. They stare out with a look as bewildered as those that must have been on the faces of their captors.

D*nes will roast in hellfire for their crimes

„TheLordis slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love, forgiving iniquity and transgression, but he will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, to the third and the fourth generation.“

John 9:1-3

>actions done by monarchist pigs and the government = fault of the entire population
alright autist, don't cut yourself on the edge. you literally live in one of the richest and safest countries on earth, I couldn't imagine wasting my time being angry about shit I wasn't even around to experience if i was in your position.

Watch in real time as the Dane () struggles to come to terms with the genuine evil of his people

what evil? denmark has been an impoverish, alcoholic shithole for most of its history, we have quite literally never done anything worthy of note and pre-20th century denmark was literally third world-tier, comparable to african shitholes except with less violence and more destitution.

pay reperations to the noble west norse people

don't pretend that you have it hard oilnigger

>No apologies or reparations for D*nish crimes and abuses, not even to the families whose children were abducted or the families who were kept in literal human zoos
>What evil?

you too, don't pretend that you have it hard. you're literally acting like blacks in america complaining about slavery.

wow rude

>you will never share a country with the faroes and iceland ever again

>stop complaining about slavery,
nigger
>88 (heil hitler) post number

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vistarband

True nature of D*nes exposed, people.

I'm not denying anything, I just don't want the blame for the misdeeds my subhuman ancestors committed. besides, I probably hate my country more than you do, and I want nothing more than to see it destroyed with nuclear weapons.

If yall three United into one country what would your flag look like

In 2009, on behalf of the Government of Greenland (Greenlandic: Naalakkersuisut), the prime minister Kuupik Kleist demanded an official apology from Denmark for the failed social experiment.[9][10] Lars Lokke Rasmussen, the prime minister of Denmark, refused, while admitting that the event was "unfortunate".[7]

>commit genocide
>refuse to apologise

Why?

That's a new one

because this country is a pathetic shithole with shitty people, shitty government, shitty language, shitty culture. danes are the textbook definition of subhumanity and the simple fact that i was born a dane makes me want to kill myself. if i could destroy this entire country with the press of a button i would do it without a moments hesitation. no one likes danes, except danes themselves because they're retarded and vain subhumans who deserve death.

We had a similar form of slavery.
If you were 16 and didn't have a job, you had to work on a farm, for the rest of your life. Without being allowed to marry or move.
This is mainly the reason our population didn't start to grow until the 19th century.

in 1800 there were 4000 people in faroe islands. While our anglo clone, Shetland, had 60 000.
We could have had a population close to iceland if it weren't for d*nes.

That's handsome

D*nes are even worse than the sw*des

The king had the constitutional power to do so and I'm so glad he did. The 1946 referendum was kind of like Brexit, it was a simple majority during populist times and everyone immediately regretted voting for independence. Nowadays an overwhelming majority supports the union with Denmark. I just hope globalization will undo all the regress made by republicans and other separatists in recent decades.

We were, like, the nicest overlords in history. Erecting universities is backwater places like Estonia, treating all peasants alike (poorly) and never once genociding.

I know. You were rather nice considering what others have went through
>inb4 some finn calls me cai-göran

ok nobody cares

Sweden had so many devastating peasant uprisings under the kalmar union that I think people just realized it wasn't worth it.

Really? I mean sure, independance for independances sake might not always be the best plan, but couldn't the modern Faroe Islands do better on their own than within Denmark?
Roleplaying is stupid, but I agree

WTF!? Now I hate D*nes!!!

Come. We have much to discuss.

Faroe Islands have higher gdp/capita than we do

It's ok for nation under 50k

Hope you'll be as independent as you wish. I like Faroe Islands, been there for a few times. I'd like to live in Iceland of Faroe
t. dating Icelandic gf

Is she sweden-tier feminist?
Most Icelanders are

do you know my friend Sandrei?

Sandri*

no...

ya sure? looking at his facebook he seems quite popular.

how old are you?

I looked him up. Never seen him before. Although we have a lot of friends in common.

>Be a literal autonomous country and is widely regarded as such even by relatively ignorant people
>Have their own flag (even on Sup Forums), language, culture and goverment
>Still get free money, healthcare, university and much more from the goverment of Denmark
>Almost a third of ethnically Faroese people worldwide lives in Denmark

>Wants complete independence over the technicality of being part of the Danish realm
Getting independence means you'll no longer be a part of the EU (in the way Denmark is) or NATO. You can literally only lose in going independent.

maybe I am one of those friends :~~)

Do you have malls?

Cinema?

Do faroese emigrate to denmark or other countries?

What do you feel when look at skycrapers?

They can join our new union.

Who would want to be in a union with the French and Germans, when you can be in one with us?

Pic looks quite Gaelic

Not average Scandi

literally our fucking clay

hmmmmmm makes you think

that could easily pass for Gaelic

>Do you have malls?
yes, at least one.
>Cinema?
yes,
>Do faroese emigrate to denmark or other countries?
yes, many do.
>What do you feel when look at skycrapers?
nothing.

>We could have had a population close to iceland if it weren't for d*nes
According to some estimates, if there were no war, the population of Belarus could be 50,000,000

during the war of 1654-1667, for example, 60% of peasant households were destroyed
During the Second World War, we lost 25% of the population

>EU
Faroe Islands is not in the EU.
>NATO
They'd be able to join, and probably get the same deal Iceland has with Norway/NATO protecting them, as well as their own company within the Norwegian army like Iceland does, if they wish.

Just to clarify, we have our own healthcare system and university (including student grants) that we pay for ourselves. It's just that you can go to Denmark and get access to the same healthcare/educational system as Danes, because we're Danish citizens. With that said, Danish welfare is much better, and that's why I'm a unionist. The whole thing is a complete mess and we also lose welfare when we have to pay for it separately instead of as a part of Denmark proper. Also, the Faroe Islands aren't a part of the EU or EFTA.

>tfw praying and Jesus tells you himself that all D*nes go directly to hell upon death automatically for their crimes and atrocities

ertú að skemta?

Að sjálfsögðu, hvað heldur þú eiginlega að ég sé?

I don't get it, have Danes really committed any crimes or genocides against Iceland or Faroes? I mean besides their occupation.

because you anglos will kill their culture, see: orkney and shetland