How the fuck do people learn this retardedly complex language?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/why-its-hard-to-learn-new-language-adult-2014-7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

105 iq or higher

>Japanese
>Complex
lol not at all

Should've learned a language before turning twenty something. Also, total immersion helps.

not any more complex than most other languages
little kids learn it

Consistency, it's rather a endurance race

this plus anki

unless you're under like 10 years old, you're probably better off being an adult. Any minor advantage 13 year olds have brainwise is negated by the fact that 13 year olds can't study for shit

The same could be said to Arabic

簡単だけど…
中国語は発音が難しいよ

They seriously need to do away with all those kanji

発音は難しいけど
単語覚えるのは日本語より簡単だし文法も日本語より英語に似てるから英語ネイティブにとっては日本語の方が難しいと思う(経験上)

Kanji is the pleb filter
businessinsider.com/why-its-hard-to-learn-new-language-adult-2014-7

wat

The language is made specifically so that dumb people can't learn it, the reason why low iq migrants come here instead to Asian countries

>japanese
>hard

You mean the language with (practically) no plurality, almost no irregular verbs and no future tense? Japanese is easy if you just learn the moonrunes.

>this flag this post

Why? I think korea also have to use 漢字 as we are east asian family

This.

汉字和它代表的一切都没有学习的价值,the sooner you get rid of them the better

>no spaces
>particles which have tons of meanings: like に
>2000+ kanji, very complex characters which are hard to write. Yes you can learn radicals but it's still difficult. Compound kanji is even worse
And more

Arabic is easy if you have a good teacher, there aren't many good resources for learning Arabic that's the problem. I learnt basic MSA as a kid. There are only 28 letters. Seriously, Arabic+Hebrew and Indo-European are MUCH easier.

because japanese is completely different from indo-european languages.

so it will be difficult for eurocentric peoples, who call themselves as "multilingual" ,even though they have learned only dialects in Europe.

>>Japanese
>>Complex
>lol not at all
>t.Western Japanese

I had a couple of friends who majored in Arabic back in college. They would often times brag about how Arabic is the nth hardest language in the world. But then they were Americans so

How can you be a family if you all hate each other?
Actually it's kinda funny because you are all genetically and culturally related.

The retarded writing system is the only thing difficult about your language.

What point are you trying to prove by linking non-scientific guesswork?

With a year learning chinese I could read a normal novel and for about 50% of girls I tried to talk to I could have a conversation where I speak English and they speak chinese without any real difficulty. Find a kid who can do that.

The only real disadvantage adults have over older kids (who are past the true critical period for developing pronunciation) is that they don't have as much time they can devote to actually studying.

>this flag this post

Only kanji is difficult but I think it looks better than the other squiggly shapes

Well sorry for infecting you with this slave mentality culture ok? East Asian culture has been the billabong of Eurasian continent throughout history, it needs to go.

chink posters are always say the darndest things

Hanzi makes sense because it was made for chinese. Kanji is like a frankenstein. If I'm not mistaken in Chinese each symbol has one reading. In japanese they have like even 3 and you also need hiragana and katakana to fully write it.

Japanese writing system is fucking retarded I agree.

yeah basically this

the phonetic/semantic components are also much more reliable for chinese

this

That would make sense.

There are at least 470 characters with at least 2 different readings in Chinese but it's not to the same extent as Japanese.
Both these languages are easier than Basque though. I don't know why I tried studying that.

でも漢字だけだから単語を覚えるの無理だろ!

Asians are literally only smart because of "muh confucianism". You would all be retards without it because you basically train your kids since birth to study hard and can't think for yourselves.

That made life needlessly competitive and traumatizing

なにいってんの?
拼音あるじゃん

I would say their worker ant mentality is the main contributor to their success.

Japanese is hard to get into at first, then it gets progressively easier.
I got to a point where I can read the news paper and novels in about 3-4 years.
Once you memorize all the jouyou kanji it is easy to aquire new vocab.
It's like playing lego at this point.
Also if there is a word I don't know, I can kind of infer the meaning by the kanji it's written in.
If I read a novel in English and I don't know a word and it is not clear from the context, it's impossible to understand it without looking it up in the dictionary.

Too many homophones

Studying.

Like 90% of those words mentioned on the left are rarely used, they can invent new pronunciation for the remaining more frequent ones

>Also if there is a word I don't know, I can kind of infer the meaning by the kanji it's written in.
The problem is when you don't know a kanji, it takes a couple of minutes to find it by clicking all the radicals in the dictionary, while in English it takes a few seconds to type it in.
>献立
Must be something to do with standing, right? No..
In many other cases the words don't make that much sense
>定義
Must be something to do with assuring/fixing and justice/duty/morality, right?

Don't even get started on 当て字 and stuff like that.

>they can invent new pronunciation for the remaining more frequent ones
Not as easy as you might think.

Chinese of all people should know, when pretty much every MV in China and Taiwan is subtitled so people can actually understand what is being sung.

It's not easy, but the benefit is they can move one step away from a culture that is much more cancerous than Islam

>Once you memorize all the jouyou kanji it is easy to aquire new vocab.
>Also if there is a word I don't know, I can kind of infer the meaning by the kanji it's written in.
yeah, that's a good point of kanji

>a culture that is much more cancerous than Islam

Why so many foreigners want to learn Japanese? It is not a common language …

the girls are pretty qt and if you actually speak japanese well you can easily get a good one as a girlfriend. If you don't speak Japanese you're stuck dealing with gaijin hunters but if you speak it you get the ones who think gaijin are hot but aren't shallow.

It's a nice language that I can actually use for watching anime or other japanese media. Also, I don't need to study pronounciation since it's pretty much the same as in finnish.

>I don't need to study pronounciation since it's pretty much the same as in finnish

>japanese
>complex
はは、ブレインリッ

Literally so widespread some learn it through osmosis

This language in its current form is obsolete any way.
By the end of the century it will be completely replaced with ebonics.

Sure not always but how about 脱帽、目立つ、肺炎、春夏秋冬、絞殺 and a lot of others.
Also memorizing kanji composita is easier for me than to memorize whole new words.
If I was learning korean I would find it a pain in the ass to memorize words in hangul.
I think those who like kanji and find this aspect of Japanese fun or interesting find that kanji makes learning Japanese easier.
And those who don't shouldn't even be learning Japanese in the first place.

Well the government is pushing for the compulsory study of chinese medicine in primary school as we speak, accompanied by the overwhelming applause from the public.

Han nationalists are keen on finding explanations as to why they fall behind the West and the conclusions they reach is there were not totalitarianism applied and brainwash wasn't enough.

Chinese culture is just another tool for the ruling class to enslave its citizens, and it isn't nearly as thought provoking as islam since the latter at least drawn inspiration from other monothetic religions

The fuck sort of question is that to ask, on Sup Forums of all places?

Japan puts out a lot of interesting media, I want to be able to understand Japanese websites, music, anime, manga, etc. American cultural influence dominates the rest of the world, so you only need to know English.

English is simple as fuck, even if you ignore the grammar you can get your point across. Word spellings reflect its history, pronunciation isn't hard once you see the patterns.

firstly weebs don't have common sense

>pronunciation isn't hard once you see the patterns.

The thing is that those patterns don't work. That's why even native people sometimes ask "how do you spell that?" The grammar is a mess of different european languages full of expections too. The only reason it's easy is because you hear it so much.

They kinda make sense I guess, and I agree that Kanji are a lot nicer to learn than just plain words with only sounds and spelling.
Mate, China may be backwards, but you at least have a good number of really prestigious universities and scientists.
The Islamic world hasn't had a single one prestigious scientist leave alone a university for many centuries.

>japanese
>retardedly complex language

>tfw based phoenicians gave you their superior alphabet and writing system for free.
>tfw you are not stuck with nightmare of an alphabet and writing system that using 2000 characters.

*a nightmare of
*that uses

If only the phoenicians taught you their art of tradesmanship you wouldn't have denbts now

It's not that hard.. takes 2 days to learn hiragana and katakana, kanji is an on going path. Grammar is funky, but isn't that hard either.

>The retarded writing system

???

Mao pls no

I know the kana, they're simple to learn and write. Kanji is annoying but doable, but the kun/onyomi thing seems really damn tedious

The simplification of Chinese characters was meant to eventually abolish the writing system all together, shame he didn't follow through, as was 破四旧

でも韓国語と日本語は似ているからなぁ…

I think every language has weird shit though. There's a few different meanings for the world "mine" in English. A pronoun, and a few nouns. There's a lot more English words with completely different meanings too.

what writing system was planned to be introduced? all pinyin or something like that?

You can learn something just because you are enjoying it you know?
And the number of speakers does not determine a language's value.
Also you'll learn much more effortlessly if you actually enjoy how the language sounds and you genuenly like it.
An other aspect: Japan has a good economy and is quite relevant in some industries, translators/interpreters are always needed and direct translations from one language to the other is highly prefered. And Japanese is also more niche than English/French/German.
Even though a lot of people start to learn it because of animu/mangu few have the endurance to get proficent at it.
Not to mention there are a lot of weeabos who are interested in learning it so it's possible to make a living of teaching it.

Not to that extent.
Stop this "but English is hard" meme, it's not.
Learning English is as easy as learning a foreign language gets.

Every language is easy to learn if you have enough motivation

They want to be proud of their abilities.

>English is the most difficult language to learn
Was I memed?

at this point you might as well grab a pencil and draw what you want to convey like fucking cavemen haha

it's not complex
even useless degenerate weebs can learn it

Spoken Japanese is easy as shit to learn. It's a simple language, which is part of the reason why Japs struggle to learn languages like English while Anglos can pick up Japanese with relative ease.

The script on the other hand...completely nonsensical.

t. far western Japan

Ni Zhonguo ren bu hao, cho san ba. No'wei'ren shi hen hao. Gan ni lao!

Is that why best korea killed the hanja?

They struggle with speaking English because there a lot less sounds in Japanese.
And being able to order a coffee is not the same as being able to have a political discourse so saying that spoken Japanese is easy makes no sense.
If you mean pronounciation then yes, you are right.

In Africa they use English as an official language but no one speaks it.
In Europe no one uses English as an official language but everyone speaks it.

Sauce: Icelandic is going extinct in favor of English right now

No, it's not only the sounds, it's the structure and relative simplicity of the language itself. The same is true for some other East Asian languages, particularly Chinese. Its grammar and syntax is very simple, which means that native speakers have trouble conveying complex, specific ideas in English.

t. taught many East Asian students

Hanza (kanzi) is east asian latin language. Except hanza, japanese didn't hard to learn.

>Kanji is the pleb filter
this so much. it keeps 2 digit IQ retards out of Japan.

Japanese is really easy to learn. The only hard part is when you start learning kanji.

Arabic is extremely hard. Of course it's easy to him because he was born in the fucking United Arab Emirates and was already fluent in a dialect. It's like an English speaker learning Shakespearean English.

Is UAE rare ?

A rare talks about rares

Chinese is harder to learn 2bh. There are no phonetics it's all characters

I think Chinese is easier. THe grammar is easier and characters (for the most part) have one reading. Honestly its not even the presence of kanji that makes Japanese hard, its the presence of multiple readings of kanji

By not being as dumb as the average american?