So now with Kong Skull Island nearly out

So now with Kong Skull Island nearly out

What is Sup Forumss consensus on Godzilla 14?

Also goat scene
youtube.com/watch?v=lmZJiBZtahk

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbookmovie.com/horror/samuel-l-jackson-learns-monsters-exist-in-a-clip-from-kong-skull-island-a148962
godzilla-anime.com/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>HALO jump

overrated and utterly pointless

Loved it. also KONG after credits confirmed. Tie in to Godzilla 2???

>On another note, we've received confirmation of a post-credits tag and according to Splash Report editor-in-chief Kellvin Chavez, it's extremely awesome and he even goes on to promise that "it will not disappoint." The former Latino-Review founder, who has seen the film, wouldn't divulge much else (as he is under an embargo), but did seem to indicate in his follow-up comments that he definitely enjoyed what he saw from the Jordan Vogt-Roberts directed feature.

comicbookmovie.com/horror/samuel-l-jackson-learns-monsters-exist-in-a-clip-from-kong-skull-island-a148962

You wanna know how I know your from reddit

Hated it at first because Cranston was wasted, loved it after 2nd watch. Doesn't really get old, just a beautiful movie.

It tried to be for Godzilla what The Dark Knight was for Batman, a "le edgy dark realistic version", but failed miserably and 2 years later nobody remembers this turd

It is decent, pretty good considering it came from America but pointless by having Shin to compare

I hope the sequels and Kong are better

So you got dumber.

Oh shit, this is meant to be a sequel to Godzilla? I had no idea.

I liked Godzilla 2014 and would love to see a sequel, but my opinion seemed to be the minority so I didn't expect it'd do well enough to get one. Perhaps I was mistaken.

Why bother when Godzilla 15 had f*cking spike lasers?

what do you perhaps? Are you retarded or are you pretending to not know a sequel is coming then godzilla vs kong after?

>what do you perhaps?
The irony in you calling someone else retarded is palpable.

Yes please

This is setting up Kong for the Godzilla vs. King Kong movie.

It was a great theatre experience.

Pretty good scene, fairly pointless, by far the best bit of the movie.

No. That would be Shin Godzilla which is also a vastly superior movie as well

The parts where Godzilla and the MUTO's were around were great.
The parts where it focused on Marine McMarine and his cardboard family sucked.
Unfortunately we got more of the latter than the former.

I'm a total pleb when it comes to Godzilla. I just remember seeing this one in theatres and finding it to be a great experience

People are exaggerating the human characters just because they're used to other films like Transformers having that problem. I felt that Godzilla 2014 was one of the rare films to focus on the event rather than the characters, and was a stronger movie for it. The humans just happened to be there because you can't have a Godzilla film without some collateral damage.

16 u herb

Terrible movie. The only parts that were any good were the Godzilla parts. Every big flaw in the movie has already been discussed a thousand times.

I remember being annoyed in the theater with how they built up two fight scenes and then cut away and had them happen off screen to follow one of the human characters I remember nothing about now.

If it was so terrible why was it both a critical and box office success? You fucking dingus.

God fucking damn dude.

Godzilla is good

>People are exaggerating the human characters just because they're used to other films like Transformers having that problem.

This

Also, there were parts that were focused on Militar Guy that still had awesome moments with MUTOs and Godzilla, like the part with the train

>googley-eyed Godzilla

>good

>ever

"no"

moron

its realistic u dweeb

ever seen eels>?

>Shin Godzilla

"Let's give a radioactive lizard human eyes lmao"

If you know a human with eyes like that I'd recommend staying away from them

ITT: Autism

I didn't like it when I saw it, but when I saw it a second time at home I appreciated it more.

A lot of the Godzilla films before the 90's had very little Godzilla in them, and had far stupider looking enemies. Real fans of Godzilla know that between Godzilla vs King Ghidorah and Godzilla King of the Monsters good Godzilla films were rare as most of them were made with stock footage and on the cheap

There's this guy I know who is a total Japan faggot and likes to signal about how bad this one is and that America can't make Godzilla right but if he literally ever saw any Showa era Godzilla this film is exactly like one of those, following the same structure and same focus on boring human characters with Godzilla saving the day at the end

It was more about a bunch of useless children than the monsters.

>Godzilla's design was inspired by eels

source?

>goat scene
>anything but this
Shit taste. Anyway, the movie was great when it came out after a Godzilla draught of 10 years, but when we got over that it just wasn't that good. Mid tier Godzilla film at best. What's worse for it is that Shin Godzilla was the nip's next film.

It was okay, not enough Godzilla and Cranston was the only interesting human in the movie. I can't help feeling like the movie would be better if his son died instead of him. You really wouldn't even have to change much and a lot of things actually make more sense with him in the role of the kid anyway.

Time for deleted stuffs

I'll never understand why they changed this. It looked so ominous. What they ended up using had no effect at all.

Mainly because it had great advertising and lack of competitors.

Shit story is still shit with a faceless protagonist who's a generic GI Joe.

>source?

Nature

They didn't want this Goji to be ominous or have much screen time.

This was a GOAT cartoon. Had the gameboy game too which was okay.

You have good taste user. Loved Zilla's glowing eyes

Clearly, and due to the shit human characters they wrote it hurt the film quite a bit.

>I felt that Godzilla 2014 was one of the rare films to focus on the event rather than the characters

Yeah, those scenes of the solider reconnecting with his dad, showing his mother's death, going to to his childhood home, rushing to save his gf and kid, etc. are totally not a focus on the characters.

Get fucked with your shit opinion, user. Shin Godzilla did exactly what you said. 2014 did not which is why it's a weaker film and even Cranston acknowledged that when he said the focus of the movie became weak when it shifted into the soldier character.

This may be apocryphal, but I've heard the Japanese actually call the toon version "Godzilla" because he lives up to the original in power, but the movie version is just a pussy ergo "Zilla".

Maybe in another timeline we got a different movie.

Well on Pixiv, they call him either Zilla Jr or Godzilla Jr. He is amazing compared to his father though.

>"That's Kong.. he's King™ around here"
>"WE" takes up the entire screen

Infinitely inferior to Shin Gojira. American'ts will always be inferior to Nippon when it comes to giant monsters.

It was a different time.

Absolute garbage but the HALO scene was pretty cool

Like I said I heard that for years but I've never seen a Toho person ever actually say or it or even mention the cartoon.
And Zilla was somewhat redeemed when he became MechaZilla later on in the show

The director also stole the battery adaptor of a Trump's supporter in a plane and posted about it all proud and shit, it was hilarious

I loved all the monsters in this show. The same team did Big Guy and Rusty and the MIB cartoon and those had amazing monsters and aliens in those too.

Yeah. A good movie. In that universe they're saying "maybe in another timeline we got a shitty movie, lol sucks to be them."

Totally agree

Pretty underwhelming film. It's modeled after Jaws (taking quite a bit inspiration from Spielberg actually), though it falls disastrously in short the character and music departments. Spielberg delivers interesting characters and John Williams is a master of music.

The music here is either forgettable or detracts from the mood. Also, the weakest character is pushed to the forefront and everyone else is thrown aside for his sake, leaving a gaping hole in the place where gripping drama is supposed. And the decision to keep the monsters in the background until the third act only makes things worse. On another note, the second act was legitimately terrible.

Contrary to popular belief, plenty of Godzilla films do have interesting characters. They may not have "depth", though they are certainly likable. Especially the earlier films. And something Legendary apologists won't tell you is that Japanese Godzilla films are usually thirty minutes shorter than G14, better balance the human/monster ratio, and don't tease the titular character.

>Human eyes
It's the eyes of an aquatic animal called an "eel"

I can't wait for ScifiGoji
godzilla-anime.com/index.html

Are people really this stupid that they would have no idea why a creature that originated from the depths of the sea would have eyes like that?

It's alright, but it would have been a lot better without Captain Ambien

Check it out then, friend

There's nothing wrong with Godzilla in Shin Godzilla. He looks perfectly recognizable, sensible given the context of the plot, and unsettling.

Movie was a great adaption of Heisei era Godzilla (The best era) and much better than the crap that was Shin.

>Resident Evil zombie and Shin Godzilla
Why? I mean, I like it, but why?

>Muh fun good guy
STFU, Shin was more inline with the original Godzilla film

It's a scary pic, yo

ehh, it made sense in the movie.

they needed troops on the ground fast and the giant emp vomiting monsters would have knocked out any vehicle that got too close trying to deliver said troops.

> Heisei era Godzilla (The best era)
Time to stop pushing this meme. The Heisei films have the weakest human plots and most of the monster action consists of immobile beasts spamming beams.

> Much better than the crap that was Shin
Aside from special effects, Shin Godzilla is a better film than Godzilla '14 on every level.

i like when the breath looks like a radioactive flamethrower.

I fell it loses something when it turns into superman heat vision lasers.

She's going to be in Godzilla 2.

Military propaganda.

>weakest human plots
Even compared to Showa?
I liked the psychic girl. She was cute.

Last movie I watched with my ex and it was shit like our relationship , she's a drug addict now

Is all-out attack Godzilla best Godzilla?

Best Godzillas are Godzillas with only Godzilla and no other monsters, '54, '84, Shin
Second best Godzillas have cute girls, Hesei, Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla, All-out Attack

I liked Shin's atomic breath better than '14 Godzilla's atomic breath

Objectively speaking, the Showa films have the best characters. Especially the ones directed by Ishiro Honda (G54, Mothra vs Godzilla, Ghidorah, Monster Zero). Gigan and Hedorah has interesting human characters too.

Most of the time with the bad Showa films you can at least get ironic enjoyment. Heisei takes itself too seriously and the actors/characters aren't strong enough to keep that ship afloat.

Psychic girl is cute. But outside of Biollante and the convoluted mess that was SpaceGodzilla she doesn't have much to do.

Godzilla vs Biollante and the Showa MechaGodzilla duology are top tier. Anyone who disagrees is a pleb

Of course. Completely blows it out of the water. But G14's effects quality is more consistent overall. A few weak moments in Shin Godzilla doesn't bother me, though general audiences will probably be less forgiving.