'Zero Dark Thirty' Writer and Producer Re-team for New Project About 2016 Election

Mark Boal, who won an Oscar for writing The Hurt Locker, is teaming up with producer Megan Ellison to tell the tale of the 2016 presidential election.

The political drama will be in the longform format, a television event series that Boal and Ellison are aiming to be in the eight to 10-hour range.
The project is being developed through Boal’s Page 1 production banner, which is financed by Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures. Ellison was instrumental in the making of Zero Dark Thirty, the Boal-written, Kathryn Bigelow-directed Osama bin Laden thriller, acting as a producer on the 2012 movie, and is also producing Boal and Bigelow’s latest venture, a drama based on the Detroit race riots.
Former New York Times Magazine and Hollywood Reporter editor Hugo Lindgren, who is president of Page 1, is said to be assembling a group of journalists who will act as investigative reporters for the project, which Boal will write.

The 2016 election, which ultimately came down to the face-off of candidates Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, remains a very contentious topic in America three months after it was held.

OY FUCKING VEY

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/movies/zero-dark-thirty-writer-and-producer-re-team-for-new-project-about-2016-election-164030688.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1aQ-NxEMrHU
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-russia-dossier-a7574536.html
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2004/06/reagans_osama_connection.html
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing
factcheck.org/2008/01/us-intelligence-on-wmds-in-iraq/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Forgot sauce:
yahoo.com/movies/zero-dark-thirty-writer-and-producer-re-team-for-new-project-about-2016-election-164030688.html

>yahoo

Fake news.

You are so fucking retarded.
Why the hell would a story like this be "fake news"?
Do you not know who Megan Ellison is?
Who she's the daughter of?
This is happening, whether you like it or not.

As a reminder, Trump is a Russian asset.

the stream should be ebin. simpy epin.

Daily reminder that there is STILL no evidence of any russian hacking conspiracy and democrats are just sore losers

youtube.com/watch?v=1aQ-NxEMrHU

it's a goof and a gag

I literally jus watched that.

Did you stop watching the news after "your" "win"?

What, Zero Dark Thirty?
Gotta hand it to Bigelow, she's a master propagandist.
Leni would be proud.

the only thing that is happening is that liberals are losing their minds

triggered

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-russia-dossier-a7574536.html

>tv show about an election
Take five liberals, you're cracking

No, after what was unarguably my win I continued to be exposed to the news cycle, but I never read the Independent to start out with. I also haven't read Mother Jones or watched TYT.

>scene opens in the kremlin
>dozens of russians typing away at keyboards
>monitors displaying green text running furiously across a black background
>*bing*
>[Ceть мaшинa для гoлocoвaния] on screen
>"Я в."

>US intelligence officials have confirmed some aspects of the “Russia dossier” that rocked Washington a month ago, it has been reported. However, those aspects of the dossier that have been confirmed do not relate directly to Donald Trump.

wow, just like the DNI report (which none of you read) its fucking nothing

lebbit is that way kiddo

The Independent has a great history of making the right call on these types of things

Why do we need a film about something that just happened?

Translation?

Nice try, APT 28.

>19% of Rosneft went nowhere!
>Trump shittalks everyone except Putin, it's totally innocent!
>Flynn, Manafort, and Page acted alone! No way their boss talked to them!
>Tillerson who?

because hollywood is in another realm of asshurt over this.

Like Reagan, you mean? Or do you only like ad hominem when you use it?

Ok Alex Jones take your medicine.

Reagan never supplied ANYTHING to Osama

Osamas entire ethos was based around the idea that a muslim and muslim only should fight that war and not count on any western satan money

fuck off with your daily show knowledge

Alex Jones is a Trump shill, idiot, your post makes no sense.

>dems are so sore after Donald's dick they're already making a movie

Kek

>everyone who disagrees with me is a party-line GOP supporter
I love how liberals just forgot how the whole primary was about Trump breaking the GOP. I don't give a shit about Reagan.

>a movie about something we all watched unfold before our very eyes
For what purpose? It's gonna be like some dumb recap episode.

>He dindu nuffin! He was a good president!
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2004/06/reagans_osama_connection.html

>making mountains out of molehills with NO evidence based entirely on petty partisan politics

>REEEE Im nothing like Alex Jones!

Just put back on the tinfoil hat and take your medicine. The psychic vampires are coming for you.

>False equivalence meme image
Nice try, Vlad.

Zero dark thirty was directed by bigelow? And here I was thinking that the bitch was above twisting history to force her agenda down our throats

>slate
I wouldn't have the audacity to link you to Breitbart, so please.

>Comparing the agreement of intelligence agencies upon the veracity of a document provided by an extremely credible ex-intelligence agent to a sandy hook truther
A bit desperate, aren't you, Ivan?

> slate.
Are you legitimately an anti-fa shill? No one who has been here for more than a year would legitimately cite that site as a source

>implying the two are even close to comparable
Try again, Piotr.

>Slate

Also, try actually reading your source because it has fucking nothing and plays 5 degrees of kevin bacon to try and connect the two and even says

>Reagan can't be blamed for ignoring the threat of Osama Bin Laden

I already told you to fuck off with your daily show knowledge you child

Yes, it is the Russian shill arguing with you. Tell us about the Russians user. When did they start communicating with you?

>a single, out of context line from the article disproves the whole thing
KEK

>the veracity of a document provided by an extremely credible ex-intelligence agent

that they cant corroborate or link anything to trump in...

This looks like something a mom would post on facebook.

>haha who cares what the IC says BELIEVE DEAR LEADER TRUMP HE TELLS NO LIES

President Bannon thanks you.

the IC said nothing in those documents link to trump and now they say no wrong doing has been found with flynn...

Remember when they told us about the wmd's

You've never read anything the IC actually released.

>Forced to resign
>Security clearance suspended
>Did nothing wrong
Okay user

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/02/15/515437291/intelligence-official-transcripts-of-flynns-calls-dont-show-criminal-wrongdoing

>>a single, out of context line from the article disproves the whole thing

yeah, it pretty much does considering thats the point you are trying to make. Again, you clearly have NEVER even read this 10+ year article because it makes no direct contact between the two. It just says Reagan wanting to assist the afghan rebels and Osama wanting to do the same, and some soviet-us politicing leading to some literally who battle that made Osama a house hold name in Afghanistan. NOTHING about Reagan supporting him because his entire thing was not taking money from the west. Osama was kicked out of Saudi Arabia for talking shit about them because they accepted help from the US against Saddam and let filthy infidels into the land of the porphet muhammed.

It irks me so much when dumb millenials try to talk about contemporary mid east/muslim world politics. All of which are based on daily show tier memes.

I guarantee you also think Reagan had Taliban warriors in the white house

>no actual argument, only deflection
Case closed.

Some times you lose your job when you did nothing wrong but enough people cry about it....

seewas the majority of democrats alex jones level when they refused to believe the IC about wmd's

literally nothing illegal about it. Notice how he got fired and isnt getting arrested.

democrats are pathetic

No movie will ever come close to the real thing. The memes, the shitposts, pussygate, pizzagate, riots...

It was Cheney and Rumsfeld deliberately misleading the public about nuclear weapons, idiot.

So its only bad when republicans do it?

gotcha

Protip: this
isn't an argument to start with.

and accusing you of never having even read the material your "argument" is based off of?
Not deflection. It's pretty critical you prove otherwise, considering you haven't actually cited any specific reports, but have only said what the reports said. But you haven't read the reports.

I guess that means you think Clinton did absolutely nothing wrong, then.

Pro tip: read the comment that's replying to and tell me it's an argument, idiot.

Peter Berg did 2 this year with Mark Wahlburg

with the full backing of the faulty intelligence provided by wait for it...the intelligence community....

>The IC agrees
>REMEMBER WHEN THE IC LIED
>Actually, it was the Bush administration that lied
>WOW SO YOU JUST HATE REPUBLICANS

They lied about the yellow cake uranium on their own.

And? You're the one who started making a fuss about what constitutes an argument. I'm just here to call you a hypocrite.

Comey: What Hillary did was illegal but we do not recommend we prosecute

>inb4 muh intent

Clinton was investigated for wrong doings because it was at least suspected she did illegal shit

this guy did nothing illegal and just had to quit his job

you guys are really stupid and are desperate for a scandal. Having a never ending shitfit is an interesting tactic you have adopted, but I guess thats all you can really do when you are on your death bed

Nope. I'm making a perfectly cogent argument. Retards like you are deflecting with BUT OBAMA and the like.

You mean with reports provided by the IC......you cant squirm out of this cuck

Wrong, they lied about the yellow cake on their own, idiot.

>>REMEMBER WHEN THE IC LIED

yeah you retard. If the IC lied before, then why is it so out of the realm of possibility that they lied again?

THIS

The point is that it was the Bush administration, not the IC, that was lying.

factcheck.org/2008/01/us-intelligence-on-wmds-in-iraq/

Q: What was known to U.S. intelligence and Congress about WMDs in Iraq before the vote to go to war?
A: Senior U.S. intelligence officials believed, incorrectly, that Iraq had stockpiles of chemical and germ weapons and was developing nuclear weapons. They also agreed Saddam Hussein wouldn’t give such weapons to terrorists unless attacked. Few members of Congress read the full 92-page report with all its qualifications and dissents.

This. The whole thing was a wonderful roller coaster ride. No cliched jew production can capture that magic

I don't know, it looks like you're getting BTFO pretty hard. You still have to provide some evidence that you even read the reports. At least citing a report, like, one single time. I mean, it is what your entire argument is based off of, when you aren't spewing out a bunch of talking points expecting the rest of the thread to connect the dots for you.

Double standards. Notice how she hasn't been arrested. By your logic it means she did nothing wrong.

wrong.

>this political party used the IC to spread their lies!

>its ridiculous to claim a political party would just use the IC to spread their lies

youre really really stupid user.

No one was investigated and had a conclusion to not prosecute but literally was told what she did was illegal.

nothing flynn did was illegal

Clinton was running to be the President of the United States. She didn't get just fired for her negligence, and she didn't get her clearance revoked.

The Neo lib Democrats are manufacturing a war with Russia like the Neo Con Republicans manufactured a war with Iraq. One guess who's behind this

BTFO

>Double standards

No it isnt. Youre just stupid

>By your logic it means she did nothing wrong.

She was under investigation user. She is at least in the realm of being guilty while he did nothing illegal. Theres no correlation, this is a false equivalency, and its funny watching you desperately grasp at anything as you lose on pretty much every front in this retarded culture war you started

the (((Palestinians)))

>literally nothing illegal about it. Notice how he got fired and isnt getting arrested.

Clinton wasn't arrested, so she did nothing wrong.

she was told by the head of the FBI what she did was illegal...

In the Bush administration it was them lying. Here the IC are speaking directly.

The yellow cake uranium lie was all the Bush admin.

>it's a kid thinks his opinion matters shitpost

young people have no criterion and everyone should just start ignoring them desu

And he knew that it wouldn't get past the "laughed out of court" stage. She wasn't arrested, so she did nothing wrong.

The "getting arrested" part was clearly just to showcase that he did nothing illegal user

Hillary was literally told what she did was illegal.

you are being autistic on purpose because you lost on the actual point, just like Hillary lost in the election. Maybe thats why you like her so much, you like fellow losers

I'll probably check it out. There better be good memes.

They did not go to war over that m8 they voted to go to war based on the faulty intelligence report..

as well the yellow cake uranium was also suggested in said report.

your BTFO the IC released faulty info and lost all credibility as infallible such was my point

>muh russia
>muh russia
>muh russia

Stop embarrassing yourselves.