Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=lightning bolt speed
maine.gov/mema/prepare/prep_display.shtml?163524
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

that's capeshit for you
they want the double digit IQ popcorn munching audience

>What the fuck is this shit?

Its how you make bank and entertain the audience.

He didn't quip so good

What was his quip, OP? I can't remember.

why were quips ok in the 80s, but they cause you guys to go into autistic fits of rage now?

Not all Marvels are created equal, but they're all better than DC.

Why was Fox's Quicksilver so much better than this guy who didn't do much of anything?

Why didn't he carry them away? Was he suicidal?

>I'll catch you guys in the big shawarma house in the sky

Well for starters the 80s had competant action scenes and violence to go with the quips. I can't believe you don't know this.

Because they went all in on super-serious Snyder films, got embarrassed, and now rampantly troll Marvel films and their more light-hearted approach out of a combination of sunk-cost fallacy and autistic rage

Whedon's humor was at its worst in AoU. In X-men, Quicksilver is the comedic relief, but it's played well by Evan Peters in doses. Nobody else is cracking jokes every second like it does with Whedon.

NO QUIPS

NO RT APPROVAL

>'Whedonesque' dialog

I dunno user. I watched they live a couple of months ago and I was surprised how lame those firefights were.

>I've never been penetrated this many times at once before

He says it 10 times throughout the movie and IIRC in the ads. C'mon keep up.

The problem isn't quips. The problem is misplaced flippancy. 80s action movies took action scenes seriously while Marvel Studios won't allow the audience to feel any amount of tension. The best example of this is Civil War. If you remove the airport scene it's mostly quipless and is serious. But with that scene it is disjointed.

This too. When there's one character who cracks wise it stands out and is a definite character trait. When everyone cracks jokes it's annoying.

>see you in a flash
:^)

>If you remove the airport scene it's mostly quipless and is serious.
You need to rewatch the Africa action sequence.

>killing off Quicksilver before he and Scarlet Witch could take opposite sides in Civil War
>killing off the only speedster on the team when it's the most fun superpower
>killing him off in such a retarded ass fashion on top of that

Fuck Joss "King of the Cucks" Whedon.

How would somebody moving at that speed even die from being shot? Wouldn't that be like someone slowly pushing a bullet against you until 1 minute later it goes through your skin? Couldn't he literally just slap them aside?

Does that mean he deliberately just stood there and let the bullets slowly drive into his body? Seems like if you wanted to kill a speedster then you'd use something as fast as them, like standing in water with it becoming electrified.

>when it's the most fun superpower
I'll take Antman or Spiderman for $500 dollars, Alex

>kill him off after his first appearance because he can't possibly complete with the one from the X-Men movies.

what a fucking pleb answer

kill yourself

>that speed
Quicksilver isn't anywhere near Flash level, the movie was pretty accurate to his usual level in the comics.

>liking Ant-Man over The Flash is considered plebeian
Are you for real?

Age of Ultron was a mistake

Even if Quicksilver isn't Flash's level, there's no bullet on earth that's as fast as him.

Well if you actually want to be technical, everything he touches when moving at that speed should cause him serious harm. He couldn't theoretically just touch people and have them fly across the room in normal speed without himself receiving the same equal and opposite force from those touches.

lightning bold is about 2/3 the speed of light. this does put him in flash range rather than marvel range

though "when he was a kid" in the 1970s so to speak, he was around speed of sound iirc

Kek

>lightning
>not light speed

?

Lightning doesn't move at the speed of light dumbass.

>Because of his Spider-Sense, Peter doesn't really have to focus in battle. As long as his Spider-Sense tells him when an attack is incoming, he's got the reflexes and speed to avoid it. However, when his Spider-Sense is disabled by enemies like Carnage or Venom, he has to focus a lot more, so he cuts the quips down a lot.

>As for why he does it, Peter was young and still nerdy when he became Spider-Man. He used humor to distract himself from the nervousness and fear he felt when he started fighting adult supervillains, and as he got older and more confident, he kept doing it out of habit. Also, he's just kind of a smartass in general.

>EDIT: Also, part of winning a fight is psychological. If Spidey mocks and taunts his enemies, they're more likely to get angry and make a mistake.

prove it

Light-ning is originally misnamed from ancient times.

No, no, this sucker's electrical!

It's on you to prove it does dumbass.

woah

You made the claim buckaroo

>showing growth before he died
sorry if it was tooo deep for you

seeYou made the claim dumbass.

A question mark is not a claim buddy

Are you fucking retarded? The "speed of light" is the speed of massless particles (photons) in a vacuum. Which of those two components describes lightning?

You remind me of that dumbass lanklet on here a few days ago trying to argue that nerve signals travel at the speed of light.

lmgtfy.com/?q=lightning bolt speed

stupid fags

Well said

>avengers bullying some black kid

what the fuck tony is even vandalizing his locker

Why is Iron Man's helmet like a misshapen, squashed skull?

Spoilers

Not a valid source dumbass

Fuck I don't know why that made me laugh so hard

maine.gov/mema/prepare/prep_display.shtml?163524
>The return stroke (the current that cause the visible flash) moves upward at a speed of about 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour (about 1/3 the speed of light)
Kill yourself dumbass.

x-men did him better

maine.gov is also not a valid source dumbass

List a valid source autismo

The worst part about this scene was that it was followed immediately by a comic relief "hulk gets the jump on the baddy" scene, thus killing any sympathy for the death scene and confirming how shitty of a director Whedon is.

I'm not the one making a claim

yes you are, you claimed maine.gov is not valid

You claimed several sources were not valid. Support your claims if you can action man.

Because it isn't, it's claimers job to have good sources, I'm just telling him he's shit

It doesn't fit the tone of the movie. They advertise this shit as melodramatic sagas and then throw in trash jokes because it was received so well in the first Avengers.
It doesn't know what it's trying to be.

>I'll just ignore all evidence that I'm wrong
>that will prove I haven't been BTFO!

just close the thread, this is embarrassing

>you will never be physically comforted and nurtured by Black Widow

It's your job to provide good sources on why these are not good sources. You are a failure by your own standards dumbass.

i-it said on the wbsite so it must be true

hahaha imagine being this gullible, holy fuck

Age of Ultron is the only Marvel Studios movie I did not enjoy watching and the only one I honestly consider to be a bad film.

C'MON, STEP IT UP

You have terrible argumentative skills, I'm guessing you're a Sup Forumscrossposter

Nope, learn how to cite facts before you step into a discussion for adults, kiddo

Like you did? Oh wait

*sigh* back to Sup Forums young ones. You'll find the "discussion" is more your speed there.

Barter you did not expect it cometh

>makes claim
>doesn't support it with evidence or sources
Thanks for playing dumbass.

>there are 14 films and counting in this fucking franchise
jesus christ, when will it end

>parroting what I just said

0/10 gg ez

Whedon is a talentless hack.

hmm

Pretty sure he just says it twice, and Hawkeye says it back at him once.

Back to Sup Forums faggot.

I heard they were ditching the SJW shit but this seems like they're taking it to extremes.

What the fuck are you talking about, there's only two Avengers films, the original and Age of Ultron.

tbqh the weirdest thing about Quicksilver's death is how everyone seems to immediately forget it happened.

In Civil War, which takes place not too long after Ultron, Wanda never once mentions or alludes to her brother's death, or whatever emotional impact it had on her.

KILL
YOUR
SELVES

the franchise is the entire universe not just avengers films proper

Why do you think Whedon was dropkicked from Marvel?

i'm talking about the marvel cinematic universe as a collective franchise
everything they've done has been building up to infinity war, it's all meant to be one collective series

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Cinematic_Universe

Why did Whedon even kill him? What emotional attachment were we supposed to have? Fucking stupid.

>kill the guy who sells the least merchandise
murica

>they're not bullet holes, they're speed holes

Even moving the car in place which was not bulletproof anyways, he's in theory fast enough to avoid the bullets. They didn't even need to kil him at all and it would of changed nothing to the story.

I trolled him p good tbqhwy

This bothered me. Why do it? It seemed so forced there was no emotional impact.

All I could feel was wtf you dopes just killed off a potentially interesting character.

pic related is the franchise stuff coming out in this year alone user

>Inhumans
>Runaways
>Punisher

If these are coming out this year, how have I not heard any information about them whatsoever?

There's probably legal limitations, didn't Disney have to license their own property from Fox? I heard that's how they worked it out because Fox wanted Quicksilver more and Disney wanted Scarlet Witch more. I bet Disney licensed Scarlet Witch for several movies but Quicksilver only for one, so now they can't even mention him.

desu only saw Guardians when glowing reviews were proliferating.

sounds like a plan for most of this.