Joel era

>Joel era
Average nerd watches movies with his good buddy robots
>Mike era
Fratboy jock watches movies with retarded robots

>there are people that defend the Mike era

What's the fucking appeal of this show? The jokes are always lame, and, if I do laugh, it's at the crappy movie they're supposed to be mocking.
I would seriously prefer to watch the Nostalgia Critic over another episode of this show.

Cinematic Titanic < Rifftrax

CASE CLOSED

>Mike Nelson
>Fratboy jock

You've got to be shitting me.

>Joel
SJW constantly ragging on white people
>Mike
makes jokes

Dr. Forrester, I'm Joel

Mike was there from the beginning, worked in the background during the Joel era. Great he finally got a chance to get some fame too. Also according to everyone who worked on the show, Mike was nicer and had a better sense of humor.

Mike was a goofy TGI Fridays waiter they brought in during season 2 to do some typing and they let him throw in some jokes.

you're trying so hard to get a (You) I can't help but oblige. Here you go, friend.

that's a funny way of saying "they made him head writer"

>Mike
>Fratboy jock
Wut? Mike would constantly crack jokes about musicals and shit. I think you're doing some projecting there, slugger.

"head writer" basically meant he had to catalog and time code all of their jokes. Today, he gets most of his good lines fed to him by Kevin (who, to be told, might be the best riffer out of anyone connected to MST3K).

Trace was the best comedic performer, however.

Did Mike sleep with your wife or something?

>Joel era
>lot of unfunny jokes, lot of crappy Carrot Top-style prop "humor," lot of dead air moment where they say nothing at all

>Mike era
>lot of good self-deprecating humor, the riffing is superior as are the sketches

Plus, whatever goodwill Joel might have had from me as a fan is now entirely gone after he didn't call any of the old cast when bringing back the show.

>Not SOL (satellite of love)

heck id even accept MST3K

Constantly mentioning how small his white penis is counts as good depreciating humor?

Are you ok?

There's literally an interview on one of the DVD box sets where Kevin straight up says (and admittedly I'm paraphrasing pretty hard here) that they made him head writer because everyone felt he consistently came up with the best riffs during the writing process.

>Trace=the best
Agreed with this.

And as much as I like a lot of Kevin's riffs, I feel like he also makes me cringe more than anyone else.

The Mike era is clearly superior from a technical standpoint. The writing is better and tighter, the riffing is better (no flubs or weird stumbling deliveries like in the Joel era).

There's something really comfy to me about Joel's seasons though, and I guess it really comes down to tone. It feels more like a run-down, cheap as fuck late-night cable access show and has a weird, laconic vibe that I really dig. Also, Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank are by far the superior Mads.

Let me guess, was that bonus feature produced after 1999?

Kevin has been marketing Mike as the "brains" and the "there from the beginning" shtick harder than anyone because he himself wasn't an original performer.

Funny you should mention that

>Kevin has been marketing Mike as the "brains" and the "there from the beginning" shtick harder than anyone because he himself wasn't an original performer

I don't understand what you're getting at with this statement. Is the "he himself" Kevin? Because Kevin is the only one that stuck around for the whole series. If the "he himself" is Mike, then why would Kevin want to market him as "the brains" simply because he wasn't one of the originals? Not trying to be snarky or anything, I'm legit curious what you're getting at here.

Kevin personally harbored deep personal resentment to other performers and writers on the series who he decried as "traitors" and Hollywood sellouts.

Unfortunately, most of these "sell-outs" were there when he was still just a confused cameraman. He positioned those that stayed as the "True riffers" with his "Film Crew" (which was considered too close to what was then Joel and Jim Mallon's intellectual property) and later his Rifftrax brand.

Mike is a well-meaning fellow, and just wants to have fun and keep people employed.

How bad is the new season going to be?

>Jonah Ray
>Felicia Day
>Patton Oswalt

Oh it's going to be amazing.

Mike was always the head writer of MST3K. He's also the superior riffer and actor. Joelfags are literally just retards feasting on nostalgia.

I'm going to wager a guess that most of the jokes will be memes and internet culture jokes that are already outdated by the time the show airs.

This
The Siffy Channel killed this show

mike for life fag.

I'll admit that the Mike era was generally more laugh a minute when it came to the riffing but something about the Joel era is just so much more comfy. For example, I'd much rather hang out with the persona Joel had then the one Mike had. The skits were better in Joel's era as well.

I'd say the only real problem the Joel era had was that a lot of the movies they riffed were just old Black and White B-movies that were generally just dull more than anything. Whenever they riffed on something like Pod People or Santa Claus Conquers The Martians, it was gold. Season Three in general is probably my favorite.

They didn't want anything to do with it and he said that they could be a part of it