I feel like watching a nice comfy Indiana Jones movie tonight. Which one should I watch Sup Forums?

I feel like watching a nice comfy Indiana Jones movie tonight. Which one should I watch Sup Forums?

The best one.

Last Crusade is the most comfy, but Raiders is my personal fav of all of them

>Personal favorite happens to be the most critically acclaimed entry in the series

Thanks user

I thought Last Crusade was GOAT until I discovered Schneider's actress was actually a filthy hibernian so now I don't like it.

You [i]literally[i] can not say Raiders is a bad film, senpai

What a faggot huh

Last Crusade, my man.

TEMPLE
E
M
P
L
E

Shorty and that broad are comfy

I just spent the last two weeks watching all four. I'd rank them directly from best to worst in the order in which they were made, but I've grown to love Temple a lot more over the years.

Here's a decision tree, OP.

Do you want to watch a good movie?
|-NO: watch Crystal Skull
|-YES: Do you want cultists or Nazis?
|--CULTISTS: Temple
|--NAZIS: Have you accepted Christ as your Lord and Savior?
|---NO: Raiders
|---YES: Crusade

Raiders is literally the perfect adventure film, a masterpiece. But I enjoy Temple the most in spite of all its flaws. I find it way too enjoyable.

I watched this the other day, actually, and I have to say I honestly didn't like it. It looked and felt cheap, I absolutely fucking despised the broad, Shortround was just there doing fucking nothing, just couldn't get into it.

Then they made Last Crusade, unfucked themselves and outdid themselves. Then Crystal Skull refucked it. If they do another, I'm hoping it'll be the final unfuck before the hot air keeping Harrison Ford animated gets loose. He should be the Henry Jones to some bastard son of his or something.

I think Last Crusade is the most fun to watch, but Raiders is still the best. Rewatching Last Crusade, some of the shit is just too over the top for me in how superhuman Indy is and how stupid the bad guys are. There are like five scenes where a bad guy with a gun is like two feet away from Indy but he decides to get into a fistfight with him instead (the boat scene, the motorcycle scene, the tank scene, etc.)

I kind of prefer Raiders Indy who still did cool shit that was over the top at times, but he got his ass beat as well.

I agree with what you're saying that Indy does some crazy shenanigans in Last Crusade, but he still gets his ass beat desu.

The main reasons I prefer Last Crusade is because Sean Connery is fucking GOAT, and because Elsa Schneider is a perfect femme fatale. Also the Holy Grail is more interesting than the Ark, because the Ark is really just a bomb.

You're a faggot

These movies got progressively dumber. Raiders is a solid adventure movie, the Nazis weren't just cartoon bad guys, it didn't waste time getting to know what Indy's house looks like, and Marion was a top notch Sheila.

Temple is a close second. Creepy Injun demon worshippers, child slavery, the bug scene, the showdown on the bridge. It all works really well DESPITE Willy.

Crusade was good, but the adventure elements felt tacked onto a half baked father-son bonding movie. Indy was more untouchable, the jokes were a bit more slapsticky, and the Nazis felt like cartoon bad guys. The ending with the 700 year old knight should've been so much more powerful, but that whole ending is kind of rushed.

Skull was just terrible. Indy was a full blown superhero, it's chock full of characters that you get little time to give a shit about, too much CGI, waaaay too slapsticky, hardly ANY noticeable musical cues, and a complete waste of that awesome...Mayan? I forget...set at the end that should've been like the last third of the movie. Not even Cate Blanchett could save that terrible character. The friend who kept switching sides was absurd. NUKING THE FRIDGE. It was bad.

They need to stop making these before that series is ruined like Star Wars was.

Raiders is the comfiest, Last Crusade is the most fun, Temple of Doom is pretty middle road between the two. Crystal Skull is only if you've seen the others recently.

Raiders is by far the best but Temple of Doom holds a lot of nostalgic value to me. It was the first Indiana Jones movie I ever watched and I still thinks it succeeds the most at what Spielberg and Lucas were attempting with these movie, which was to homage the old adventure movies of the 30's and 40's. It has more of that pulpy adventure vibe.

/thread.

Would it be worth marathoning the tv show? I need something new to watch.

You should watch King Solomon's Mines (1985).
Tomorrow you watch Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold.
Then you get hyped for Allan Quatermain and the Jewel of the East.

Next you'll be saying he should watch Romancing the Stone.

...which he should.

3 is the comfiest
2 is the most badass
1 is the best

This. ToD almost literally feels like an old serial with early 80's Hollywood production values and standards.

The screaming damsel, the old hollywood evil vibes of the antagonists, the goofy comedy...

>tfw archeology is way more boring than the Indiana Jones movies made it look