I've always wanted to see a really legitimate Mortal Kombat film. Anyone else?

I've always wanted to see a really legitimate Mortal Kombat film. Anyone else?

>Title of the film would "The Great Shaolin Tournament"

Prologue:
>Year would be 1900s
>A Shaolin monk Kung Lao takes on another Shaolin monk named Shang Tsung
>Shang Tsung reveals that he has been using Black Magic as he tries to lay his hand on Lao’s head as Lao feels himself being possessed. Lao gets pissed and shoots on him, kicking him in the head and is beaten to a pulp by the Great Kung Lao
>No Shaolin Tournament was ever fought to the death
>Shang Tsung is exiled
>He returns 5 years later, he has grown his hair short and has become a sorcerer
>He challenges Kung Lao again, this time for control of the tournament, if he loses then he will never return again
>Kung Lao pleads with the Shaolin body to allow Tsung to fight
>Shang Tsung reveals his deception as he did not necessarily say he would be fighting but a motherfucking race of Nephilim from the Ancient World who has four arms who walks into the arena, he arrives with people beating drums, women dancing and doing cartwheels around him in an epic entrance
>Kung Lao accepts and is too fast for Goro, he strikes him with lethal punches – shooting on him hard
>Until Goro shoots on him
>Tsung taunts him and asks him If he gives up, Lao refuses, Tsung says to “Finish him” in Mandarin
>The Shaolin body go in an uproar as they killed by Tsung’s assassins who were apart of Goo’s entrance
>Lao is defeated, Tsung takes over as the head of the Shaolin body, corrupting the tournament by introducing death for all who lose.
>Cut to modern day where we are introduced to Liu Kang, a former Shaolin monk who is working for a criminal organization in Japan, the head of the organization always has the mysterious “Kano” by his side – a Japanese/American sociopathic assassin.
>Ending has Liu shave his head to get back to his roots
>Liu beats the shit out of Goro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9lXAGZtMxU8?t=4m39s
youtube.com/watch?v=vVi2klX_feE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop writing. Your ideas are shit

>YOUR SOUL IS MINE

Why are you telling us? Just write a script and shop it around. If you can't get the rights, just change the IP and make it original.

You're fucking 30.

I think the tv show format fits Mortal Kombat a lot more, considering how many characters there are to cover and how many events. The only problem would be a huge cut on the budget and it might look cheap. However, Mortal Kombat thrives on a small level of corny ness.

And no, the "Legacy" show doesn't count. There hasn't been an adaptation that matches the tone of MK. Maybe the first movie, but it's still lacking something and is too 90s. This needs to be timeless.

You got a legitimate Mortal Kombat film.

Too specific.

I could but I am writing another script which is an original work. Only way I could write is if I was hired as the writer for it.

I would have Sub-Zero be an actual ninja, we see a bit of his backstory where he assassinates Hanzo and kills his family. He and his clan also dabble in sorcery which enables him to freeze shit.

He enters the tournament with his Clan's banners around him. His name is never mentioned but Johnny Cage calls him Sub Zero because of all the icey shit he does.

Then Hanzo returns with a similar ninja outfit, mocking his clan's banners by wearing yellow (because he's yella)

Hanzo is called Sasori or The Scorpion because of his mechinical hand spear which shoots at people from his wrist, lands in the person's chest with the arrow tip being dipped with Scorpion poison, the spear has claws which pop out when they enter a person so Scorpion ends up basically strangling people and running around them and shit.

> Kano's story is like a Nicolas Winding Refn character, ultra violent, Kano uses small throwing knives then two huge blades

>Sonya "Blade" Burke is a woman who is after Kano and works for Government agency, she uses blades after an encounter with Kano

>Johnny Cage is a stunt double and MMA fighter with a huge ego but is extremely talented

>Sequel would be called "The Great Emperor's Tournament" with motherfucking Kintaro and Shao Kahn, the son of a Nephilim, a warlord who is Tsung's master and who chews Tsung out.

>Raiden fights once after Goro is defeated, Goro attempts to attack Kang after sparing him and basically bursts the shit out of him with a huge thunder drop.

$$$$

And I also grew up with video games and see them being the future after comic book films die out.

Hey bro do you want to go see "The Great Shaolin Tournament"?

trailer looked pretty good

kano is aussie

These titles are fucking awful.

Reality based Mortal Kombat. Trying to ground the fantasy a bit.

MORE grounded than the actual real film?
Men you are giving yourself too much credit.

>>Until Goro shoots on him

Shoots what?

Nah, it's not. Great Shaolin Tournament is called that because Kang restores it and it's name.

Emperor's tournament is basically Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, Kahn wins and leaves the heroes in dire shit.

Final title would be The Great Shaolin

youtu.be/9lXAGZtMxU8?t=4m39s

you know what

It needs to be treated with the same respect of The Dark Knight.

I'd use Fight Club as inspiration

You suck then. Mortal Kombat is not dark and gritty, the film captures a lot of the game colours on the sets and costumes.

I bet you'll made all the fights happen in alleys and streets, maaybe a temple, all covered in fog and with dim ligths.

what the hell

Along with New Japan Wrestling and UFC, film wise - Warrior

Final film has Shao Kahn taking over the Shaolin body after the crew fight in some Ancient world - perhaps on Earth - grounding that Outworld shit and has his army take over the modern world.

No way. All fights would take place in areas like the bridge over the pit of spikes. Shao Kahn's arena filled with millions of all of his followers. A memorial with the Great Kung Lao's statue along with Goro's.

Final scene to the series is Liu Kang and Kung Lao (Great Kung Lao's descendant) having a proper fight which is not to the death, just as they are about to strike - cut to black. Rocky style.

Even in the final film, Kahn basically turns cities into arenas for fighting and holds an arsenal of nukes, if anyone decides to attack him as he sits on the seat of the Vatican.

I'd love a new a Mortal Kombat movie. But it's needs to go back to its roots of what it is to work. And those roots are based in 70s to
80s action movies mainly based out of mystical Chinese king fu movies.

The original MK games of the early mid 90s were ripped from those movies. The tournament and the original magic island they fought in with the Buddhist monks is ripped right out of Bruce Lees Enter the Dragon. Liu Kang was a complete Bruce Lee rip off originally (til he got some flair added to his character like the head band and red pants) who's mission Was part revenge for the death of a family member/descendant and to restore honor back to the corrupted MK tournament. Sort of like Bruce Lee in enter the dragon where he goes to the tournament to get revenge for his dead sister and restore honor to his Buddhist temple shamed by the dude who's hosting the tournament.

It obviously took from the cheesy 80s movies like Big Trouble In Little China or Bloodsport. As well as working in some sci-fi like Kano who is an obvious Terminator reference.

Retro movies, games, music is all in right now; Drive, Hotline Miami, Kavinaky, Kung Fury, etc. There's no reason a movie like this can't be done right now with a writer or director that wants to have some cheese fest hyper violent colorful fun. Retro movies are popular right now. Embrace it.

That web series and what I feel current mortal kombat games problem is trying to be grimdark or gritty feeling. It should embrace the flare and the borderline ridiculous colorful nature with a broad palette. There can be moments of grit/horror/drama but that's not what MKs main tone is.

Bring it back to an 70s/80s adventure movie style

>Lao gets pissed and shoots on him

Everybody is cumming on eachother to a sick techno soundtrack. It's like being in a 90's gay bar, but a movie.

OP has asperger

WE WUZ LIU KANGZ AND SHYT

I agree with this post too much.

It should be deliberately cheesy. I'm sick of MK being too fucking gritty now. Ever since 4 its been NO FUN ALLOWED.

/asp/ie using wrestling terms.

Shooting is when one of the pretend fighty men decides he doesn't want to pretend anymore.

Goro should have two (2) sets of pecs

Not gritty. But a good three act structure with a good protagonist and a great antagonist who exploits Kang's weakness (not killing).

It should be counterculture fun 80s cinema fun.

Goro's entrance against Liu Kang should be ten minutes long with the sound of epic drumming. It should be so over the top, building up, and up only for Kang to break his toes, and cut his achilles tendon.

Then for the sequel.

MOTHERFUCKING KINTARO.

Uppercutting a motherfucker so hard, his head disconnects from his spine and tears off from his body slightly as he flies a few metres up in the air.

KINTAROOOOOOOO

So he cums on the other guy for real instead of faking it?

Then throw in some awesome Apex Twin and Darkwave/Synthwave for the soundtrack.

motaro was kewler you skrub

>people unironically don't think the 80s Mortal Kombat isn't kino

>80s

You better be trolling me. If you aren't I'm going to rape you to death with a knife.

>kino

It's 90s but fuck the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=vVi2klX_feE

Also Raiden would be called fucking RYE-DEN. Not RAY-DEN. The fuck.

In my story, the twist is - he is a fallen angel who actually followed Lucifer in his rebellion against Yahweh.

He was thrown down to Earth but comes as an angel of light.

Jackson Briggs actually tempts to fight him (because Jax finds out he is really a demon) and Briggs beats him up (only because Raiden (Rye-den) allows him)