Best and most surreal depiction of aliens in any movie?

best and most surreal depiction of aliens in any movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6qJQlfMMNmw
open.spotify.com/track/2iLEpvJpr988EeWJQktUP6
open.spotify.com/track/2kk3Lyl3HUNcNqNvfGGiYr
myinstants.com/instant/reaper-horn/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the aliens in Skyline looked interesting. it's a shame the script was written by eight-year-olds and the human characters are completely unsympathetic.

The book was better

the tripods were cool but the actual aliens themselves were disappointing

Arrival

I don't know, but one where you don't see them on screen.

Solaris.

The 50s version of WotW used to scare the hell out of me, man. I remember being so disturbed by the scene toward the end, where all those people are huddled in the church singing hymns, basically just waiting to die while the world is being blown up around them.

definitely best sound design for aliens

youtube.com/watch?v=6qJQlfMMNmw

Patrician. Haven't seen this movie since I was a kid. Had a huge crush on KB.

Imagine an invasion, hiding in your house or safe place, constantly hearing that noise. Fucking terrifying

wtf

I like the alien from Alien the most (probably).
Really plays up the central themes of the film and it's downright horrifying.

the book was a bit retarded desu (or just out of taste/obsolete, since it was writen in the early 20th century) it actually made the warfare between humans and advanced aliens more Symmetric than a complete extermination (one british warship even destroyes 3 tripods before being sunk).

Skyline is a movie I have to remember I have seen sometimes, though you mentioning it kind of makes me want to go back and rewatch it.

well it has to be somewhat of a fight. In Independence Day we take down their city-sized giganto ships with puny F16s. I actually think Battlefield Earth was the most realistic, when they took out all of Earth's defenses in 9 minutes or something

Contact

Ulla>airhorn noises

I really liked the aliens in battle LA desu senpai

What was the point of the buried ships? Why didn't the aliens know about bacteria? Why did bacteria affect the shields?

This. They had a really neat ramshackle design, and gave off a great vibe of 'rough biotechnology'

patrician's choice right here

I thought that shit was kind of stupid, but I guess Spielberg or somebody thought it would be cool for there to be a scene of them sprouting out of the ground. Hell, I don't know, maybe it's in the original novel.

Arrival

>tfw Abbott is death process

>buried ships (probably not buried but actually teleported through the lightning storm with the riders too, they are aliens, they would figure a way to transport large objects as humans are developing this today)
>probably because they don't have the ability to thoroughly observe and study the smallest details of the planet and/or bacteria is an alien lifeform to them that doesn't exist where they live
>because bacteria are the most fluid and adaptive organisms known to man, the aliens are easy prey because of weak immunity system, and since they are living creatures themselves made of organic material, they will automatically attract bacteria which will easily infect them because no immunity (look up how native indians suffered massive epidemics through bacteria brought by European Conquestadors who had immunity to the diseases)

This. Story, characters, everything else was complete garbage. The depiction of aliens as super-efficent resource harvesters was great, though.

Honorable mention to The Fourth Kind, as well. Story not so great and, although the alien concept wasn't anything new, the execution was spooky as fuck.

The invaders from mars alien always looks super interesting to me I think just because it was basically like a giant brain

pls no 50s-60s trashshite with giant-brain aliens and saucers, we're past kiddie stories.

The aliens from signs still spook me to this day.

Especially the cut material and ideas that you can find on the DVD special features (they could become almost completely invisible in one iteration.). And those fucking clicky clicky noises

>MOVE CHILDREN! ¡VOMANOS!

In the novel they fired cylinders that would crash on earth with some martians and the parts needed to build tripods

Who wore it better?

Arrival
open.spotify.com/track/2iLEpvJpr988EeWJQktUP6
open.spotify.com/track/2kk3Lyl3HUNcNqNvfGGiYr

>signs
>aliens

"Demons"

Good taste.

Monsters was actually really, really good for a low budget sci fi film. The idea that some random extraplanetary/galactic lifeforms found their way to earth via satellite and become a serious threat but one that humanity in that specific region learns to live around is neat.

I would like to nominate the Engineers from the Aliens/Prometheus universe.

you're sharing gold with pigs here

the Fire in the Sky lmaos take the prize for me
those scenes on the alien ship gave me ptsd for good

>tfw to intelligent

I thought Alf the tv show was creative.
Also liked "What Planet Are You From?".

I always liked the ID4 ayylmaos

I am groot

Adaptation when?

WITH JUST A HANDFUL OF MEN.

FAREWELL THUNDERCHIIIIIIIILD

>mfw I spent like an hour making a webm of the hill scene from WotW
>mfw my laptop started acting funny so I saved everything on a flash drive right before it completely died
>mfw I just put the flash drive in and that webm is not on there and is gone forever

ayylamo

the force awakens had some pretty good alium designs. i mean rey looked pretty spoopy

>((demons))

There is no evidence green oval was an alien

>Horsell common and the heat ray
>dat unscrewing sound of the UFO
>"when suddenly... the lid fell off"

shit still good

I haven't seen Signs in a long time. We're they alluded to being demons?

There's no evidence of the contrary.
Checkmate atheists.

tentacle monsters are shit tier

this is not a tentacle monster you shittarded autist, watch a movie before criticizing

I can tell you are an idiot. Kill yourself and remove you stupid genes from our collective pool.

>Bald albino man

>surreal

Kill yourself

>there are people who do not see War of the Worlds as one of Spielberg's masterpieces and as one of his angriest political films

not ayys

Star Wars has really good alien design in general. Every bar scene is pure pleasure because of them.

It sounds like some animal making a sound, something from nature, a bit similar to elk bulls or something. There's a primal response in your lizard-brain for that, and it's to be alert and afraid.

>All humanoid two arms and two legs

sorry

You say this like it's some obscure fact and not common knowledge. I think you never outgrew your lizard brain.

THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MARS ARE A MILLION TO ONE THEY SSaaaaidddd
d
d
d

You know there's a developmental stage in young children when they realize that what they know, others might not. I don't think you reached that stage.

>no one has posted this yet

Real aliens would steal cars and rampage through the city, this is elementary knowledge, Sup Forums.

it's not hard science fiction so that doesn't make it bad design. in a plausible universe 30 different alien species wouldn't be hanging out in the same bar to begin with

Being humanoid isn't necessarily bad.

My favorite alien designs are usually plants, parasites or non sentient species that act on instinct.

>that fucking pic

Just when I thought I couldn't be spooked.

reminded me of this

myinstants.com/instant/reaper-horn/

there skin has pentagrams or some shit on it

patrician tier ayys desu senpai

I honestly don't remember anything from this movie except for the ending, it was just so shockingly bad.

>0:48 and on

It must have been a real bitch for those aliens to first travel through space. They're natural environment is 1000 times more pressurized than ours. We might as well already be living in a vacuum relative to what they had to bring up into space.

Keeping a spaceship pressurized with just 1 atm is hard enough. Try 1000.

>with just 1 atm
How do you keep a spaceship pressurized with an ass-to-mouth?

He was an alien? Why do you think that?