Is this actually worth watching? I gave up on syfy a few years ago

Is this actually worth watching? I gave up on syfy a few years ago

No, everyone hates this show.

dropped it after 3 episodes. got me again, Sup Forums.

I just started season 1, on episode 4. it's meh so far, but I've heard it gets better, so I'm going with it.

sort of an interesting premise with earth, Mars and interstellar miners all in a cold war.

watched season 1 thought it was pretty ok, only paid half attention to it. watching season 2 has been a pleasant surprise and it actually made me go back and watch season 1 whilst properly paying attention.

Season 1 was nice. So far season 2 has been kind of rubbish. I didn't like Bobby in the books and I like the actor even less.

Shit CGI and Miller not acting very miller-ish. Hope it picks up before it gets canned.

someone told me it was like Bablylon 5 so I downloaded 3 episodes.

I watched one episode.

I'm enjoying Dark Matter better desu

was babylon 1-4 shit?

3 of them sucked because they all were destroyed, the 4th got sent back through time and helped act as a base during a crucial time during an interstellar war.

STAY AWAY FROM DA AQUA

It's pretty entertaining.

It's actually pretty good.

I pretty much enjoyed it until the Vorlons went out of it.

They should remake it with today's cgi clusterfuckery. but most of the cast are dead.

>interstellar miners
>interstellar

Wat

If your English is really good, then I guess. Otherwise enjoy trying to understand anything the belters say.

It's a great show with a few low moments that you just have to overlook. Things come together around the end of season 1 and it becomes a lot easier to follow, and the show is improving each episode. I almost quit but I'm glad I didn't.

It has an interesting dynamic where the main character has a holier than you attitude, but the story comes to show how that fucks over the people around him.

Beside that the surrounding cast is excellent from season one. Season two theres some awkward bull dyke Mars bitch being introduced that needs some work, but I'm liking the rest of it so far.

It's mature sci-fi, not bad at all

What are subtitles

ayyyy what you talkin about bubbie you etting old buppie not mey man i joinin da O.P.Ayy

>but most of the cast are dead.

Except for a handful of actors this is a blessing, not a curse.

They were some hammy fucks.

I thought the first season was messy, it just seemed like a bunch of random characters who weren't related trying to survive a lot of bad shit happening. A lot of characters were introduced and then killed off so it was hard to know who we were supposed to be following. It's all come together nicely now, it feels like the show has hit its stride.

you know, miners out in space

I really like it and recomend it

Its great.

Did anyone get flashbacks to Homeworld while listening to the last episode's ship-to-ship chatter?

They sound like Afrikaaners and act like niggers.

For future reference, interstellar means not pertaining to one star. They aren't interstellar unless they have left Sol's gravity well. No one in The Expanse is interstellar. The Mormons were going to leave the system, but they didn't fly so good.

She definitely needs fleshing out as a character, at the moment it's just this annoying gung-ho bullshit and hoo-ahing amongst the Martian marines

I thought the whole Martian marine subplot of episode 3 was bullshit, tacked on to pad the clock. They introduced the tension between the Mars-born and the Earth-born Martians and everything was going well until the very end of the episode where they resolved everything completely out of nowhere. It didn't help that none of them can act either.

Season 2 is great. We are in the real substance of the show. Season 1 suffered from having to set everything up.

Just started it last night. Only got first episode in so far. Interesting show, some neat ideas. Love the different factions/cultures that have developed in a solar system so divided by environment and distance.

Very Heinlein.

>Shit CGI
how? it's better than in starwars, interstellar and the other recently made scifis

I have absolutely zero issues with the CGI in The Expanse, but what you just said is utter contrarian bullshit.

i enjoy both. B5 was boring though, too burocratic, an i don't care about aliens either. Scifis with mostly only humans FTW!

to be fair i saw the swshits only on camrip

>libertarian
to the trash it goes

>burocratic
yikes, you're not even close

I couldn't get through the first season of B5. After like 3 episodes centered on religion out of like 5 to 7 consecutive episodes it came off like its core premise was "Star Trek but without atheistic utopias triggering our Christian viewers". It's ironic though since the creator is an atheist. I just want to know what was going through his head when he created a bunch of disconnected religion episodes one after the other and aired them virtually all at once.

I just called the FBI. They are on their way to kill you and imprison your family.