Why do trailers spoil somuch these days?

Why do trailers spoil somuch these days?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v71ce1Dqqns
youtube.com/watch?v=aoCP_JHzBUM
youtube.com/watch?v=gdLXPv5NsA4
is2.Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it used to be worse in the 70s.

It's always been a problem but now with the internet there are more trailers with more exposure. When you have to put together 3-4 trailers all with good stuff you're gonna reveal a lot of the movie.
The 1980s Star Trek III trailer revealed the Enterprise getting destroyed which was the big event of the film. Studio doesn't care if they ruin the movie as long as you go.

They now put mini-trailers at the beginning of actual trailers, you guys noticed this trend? How fucking ADHD have we become that this is now a thing Hollywood does?

They had movies back then? I though they still used slide projections around that time.

That's the reason why you shouldn't watch trailers

I haven't noticed that, I avoid trailers when I can. Do you have an example?

I never watch trailers for movies that I already know I'm going to see. Usually I check out ratings and a film description and I pretty much know if I'm gonna watch it. I might hit a trailer if I'm not sure.

ALWAYS avoid trailers for comedies. Spoil the top 5 jokes. Every damn time.

youtube.com/watch?v=v71ce1Dqqns

That's to summarize the trailer in the 5 seconds there are before the ad becomes skippable.

I don't ever go out of my way to, but to legally see a new movie I have to go to the theater and they have like six minute fucking summaries of movies coming out in 2019.

This, old trailers pretty much outlined the entire story.

youtube.com/watch?v=aoCP_JHzBUM
Jack Reacher Never Go Back stood out to me since the mini trailer was so shitty I couldn't believe they were playing it twice

Pretty much

Trailers change every 10 years or so

Go watch Trailers from the early 2000's, they're completely different from the late 2000's. We're still in the late 2000's phase (We're still in the late 2000's culturally all together pretty much). It'll change soon.

Usually changes when everyone starts imitating a couple of trailers and that trend just stays for a decade or so.

>Inception boom noise
>Silent section with montage of action
>Fade to black, then scene with a quip at the end of the trailer

I usually dont watch trailers, but wanted to see if Gold was worth watching

Look at how much this trailer spoils the movie
youtube.com/watch?v=gdLXPv5NsA4

I hadn't seen that before

That's fucking awful and I severely hope It doesn't become a bigger trend.

I had never seen this before, but I watched a Ghost in the Shell trailer and it did it.
Cant seem to find it, but its out there, I thought it was odd.

Did you still watch it?

Statistically people enjoy movie more when they know exactly what happens.

But if you've ever watched a film where you don't now the premise/hook, that can sometimes be the most exciting part of a film. Nowadays the first 30 minutes of any film is boring as fuck because it's set-up you already know from the trailer. But once it "clicks" and you know what a movie is about, it's a beautiful feeling.

Like said, it's so when it plays as a pre-video ad on YouTube, they can try and hook you before the skip button activates.

I kind of like it.

is2.Sup Forums.org/tv/1487259114302.png

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>(We're still in the late 2000's culturally all together pretty much).
errors.jpg