Post essential horrorkino, preferably from more recent times but good oldies are always welcome

Post essential horrorkino, preferably from more recent times but good oldies are always welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt3330764/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll start us up with probably the best scene I've seen in a while

probably the last good horror movie I saw

I FUCKING LOVE scream movies. Having to guess who it is, is also great. I might try and watch the TV show again

since when was there a TV show? any good?

Session 9

The Guest was pure kino

the tv show is an abomination

Yeah that wasn't bad, was fun.

I had this nightmares as kid that would make a great horror movie

It was exactly like the 1972 version of a Texas Chainsaw massacre, but instead of leather face it was a guy that was kind of like Braniac and it was set in the 1950s.

Braniac would basically lure in delivery boys, milk men, post office workers to his house, hit them over the head with a baseball bat to knock them out and dissect there bodies while they were regaining consciousness.

>quips in the woods
>good

certain v/h/s segments were kino tier

Yeah it is. But I just like the guessing game involved

The first Nightmare on Elm Street
Freddy vs Jason is also pretty nice

Thinking of watching New Nightmare, I think its the only one in the series I haven't seen

That looks pretty bad desu

what are some gud violent thrillers from recent years like don't breathe, green room, eden lake, etc?

Some great gore, bad everything else.

Inside.

imdb.com/title/tt3330764/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6

>good
>eden lake

>you
>not a dumb nigger

>kino

28 days later and dog soldiers was fun

>
Makes sense this is the post from someone defending that

>I've got nothing.

Nothing over what? You're a childish memeposter praising vile garbage. There's no discussion to be had with you

all throyugh the house

>Having to guess who it is
But there is no way to guess who the killer is. There's no way to distinguish the red herrings from the actual killers. As murder mysteries Scream completely fucking fails. You can only work out who the killer is by trying to look at the film from the director's perspective to try and see who he's intentionally trying to draw your attention from. When you have to start looking at it from beyond the fourth wall it fails as a movie because you're breaking your immersion to work out the mystery.

Screams are awful murder mysteries. They're nothing more than slashers.

Great argument.

The Others desu

You can't argue against failed logic.

Scream movies directly draw attention to the fact that they're movies. Acknowledging that is part of the experience.

No, Scream is not some genius meta movie that draws any interesting analysis of the horror genre. It's a slasher movie in which characters mention other horror movies and clichés. They literally do nothing more than that. But Scream fans are pretentious little faggots who think they're slasher franchise is a masterpiece of commentary on the genre.

>But Scream fans are pretentious little faggots
You seem very triggered over your projections, babby

Scream is top 3 horror of the '90s and a great commentary and play on the genre

scream is one of my least favourite horror movies desu

dewey is my favorite movie cop
are american cops in small town really that incompetent?

also
2>1>4>3

>2
Good taste my man

What "play" or "commentary"? The characters reference other horror movies and clichés. What "play" am I missing here?

I never said it was great. I said it's self-aware, which it is. It's the point.

Your little rant means nothing.

You praised it as a murder mystery which I just explained it fails as.

It doesn't 'fail' as a murder mystery

I'm not the person you were talking to.

I'm just the one that point out your explanation was a failure because it doesn't take into account that Scream is a self-aware horror movie and thus promotes using the director's eye. Then you went on a rant about Scream fans like the autistic, nonsense-filled idiot you are.

I already explained that it does in a previous post you illiterate retard.

Then how does it work as a murder mystery if it's self aware you idiot.

No, you didn't offer anything minimally strong. But of course, on your delusion and dumb hate you would think otherwise. You're really very triggered.

t. butthurt Screamfag

First one was a lot of fun, second one was okay, third one was terrible and fourth one was meh. Scream Queens is garbage for people that aren't Emmafaggs.

>reeee
As expected

You're the one reeeing here Scream pleb.

The only one triggered over Scream is you, fatly demonstrated in this thread. Didn't even think there were people who had a grudge against it, but stupid flowers easily, after all.

I provided arguments as to why it fails as a murder mystery and you've flipped your shit, spouting nothing but memes and buzzwords.

You wish you did provide something worthwhile as criticism or a taking down.
And I'm not the only one you sperged against in the thread.

U R gay

Watched this with some friends. Felt like a comedy.

Not an argument.

Please carve "Brooks was here" into the wall and hang yourself

True, Cabin In The Woods was lots of fun and cool meta. Naturally, people hate it here

>meta

Stop using words you don't know the meaning of.

CitW is not meta.

It was full of meta-humour and meta-plotting. But okay, mate, don't get upset

I was going to say You're Next but it's almost not even horror.

The Shining

why did she kill her bf in that?

No One Lives was superior

Only in the sense that dogshit > birdshit.
No One Lives was so cringeworthy

He was one of the people who paid the killers to do their thing.

Except that flashback with the "arterial vein" line, it is like they never touched an anatomy book in their life

Not to kill her though.

didn't even watch the trailer. was pretty good.

>WWE studios

that was bullshit you idiot

Just watched this. Started out gay, turned into fun.

>SCP CONTAINMENT BREACH IN PROGRESS

It's plenty meta. The problem with it is it uses the fact that it is as an excuse to be cliche.

synopsis and recommend?

they genuinely needed witnesses though

The Witch was pretty good desu

Also: that sweet puritan jb ass

The guy was planning to let her die with the rest of them and backed out once the plan fell through

hence why he left

Brian Cox and his faggy son autopsyfize an unidentified woman whose body appears to be incorruptible on the outside, but severely mangled on the inside. Spoopy shit ensues.

>tfw about to be deflowered by the devil in the form of a black goat

it had to be a non-family member

and?

Okay smartass, then why did the Wolf tell the couple to double tap her?

It's alright. I can't give you a detailed opinion, because the one thing that soured my enjoyment of the movie would be a massive fucking spoiler.

what about the goth girlfriend?

at that point, they wanted her crazy murdering ass dead?

we have spoiler tags

Underrated movie.

What's the best American horror that doesn't lean entirely on gore? Is it Blair Witch?

Frankenstein's Army is really underrated. Great creature designs.

>Billy and Stu brag about how they learned from horror movies
>STAND AROUND AND FUCKING MONOLOGUE INSTEAD OF KILLING SIDNEY, THE DAD, GALE AND RANDY LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN TO

I can tell you it plays with your expectations a lot. There are certain things you would expect from a movie that happens in a basement morgue/lab and some of those expectations are fulfilled in a really creepy way. However some of the stuff you would expect never happens but it still keeps you tense and in anticipation. One of the things I loved about the movie is how every time Brian Cox talks to his son they also include close up shots of the dead girls face. It sounds simple but it's really fucking unsettling.

Wtf all of these horror movies and no
Street trash
Frankenhooker
Basket Case 1 2 and 3
Brain damage
The fly 2
Videodrome
Society.

I saw the devil and the man from nowhere are both absolute gookino and they fit your description

>Frankenhooker
>not a comedy

It turns out that the woman is the victim of a witch trial. She was severely tortured by her captors and thereby somehow "cursed". My problem with the movie is that, for some reason, it doesn't want to commit to the idea that the corpse simply belongs to an actual witch. Instead, Cox speculates on how the suffering of this innocent woman somehow turned her body into some kind of cursed, incorruptible artifact, and that taking on the woman's pain would end it. Cox subsequently sacrifices himself to save his son, but then he, the son, dies anyway, suggesting that the woman really was an actual witch or that Cox's theory was simply wrong. My beef is with this absolutely pointless ambiguity. The whole movie is about finding out who or what that woman is, but the "reveal" is too ambiguous to be satisfying.

Seems like she was an actual witch.