Why Gore Verbinski’s Bioshock Movie Fell Apart

Verbinski has clarified his position on what happened to the Bioshock movie and what the chances are of it being revived, stating:

>“It’s an R rated movie. I wanted to keep it R rated, I felt like that would be appropriate, and it’s an expensive movie. It’s a massive world we’re creating and it’s not a world we can simply go to locations to shoot… We’d be building an entire underworld universe. So I think the combination of the price tag and the rating, Universal just didn’t feel comfortable ultimately. At that time also there were some R rated, expensive R rated movies that were not working.”

With regards to a big-screen Bioshock adaptation being given another chance in the wake of more successful R-rated movies such as Deadpool, the director claims:

>“I think things have changed and maybe there will be another chance, but it’s very difficult when you’re eight weeks away from shooting a movie you really can see in your head and you’ve almost filmed the entire thing, so emotionally you’re right at that transition from architect to becoming a contractor and that will be a difficult place to get back to.”

Thoughts?

Do you think it would have been good?

Bump

A Verbinski Bioshock? I'm sold. Make it happen

I'd watch it.

Are those Little Sisters? I don't remember anything like that.

Would be hype as fuck if they stick to the story and not give it the same hollyweed formula

The story is, basically, "why hollywood can't work."

Thats concept art for the movie

i always confuse this guy with gore vidal

>making a movie out of a video game where the main point of the video game was how little interactivity/choice the player actually had in an interactive experience.

>WILL AM BE GUD??? THOUGHTS?????????

Verbinski managed to make a good movie about a fucking theme park ride

Pity. It was a shitty game. Might have made for a good movie

But Gore Vidal is dead since 5 years dude.

Verbinski made a bunch of good pirate movies that had some minor callbacks to a themepark ride.

Now imagine a bioshock movie with standard hollywood formulae and a bunch of minor callbacks to a video game.

I only walk on the pavement and watch tv of all that things,can i enter your secret club now?

Hollywood has no artistic integrity.

i don't often think about gore vidal or this guy
he also made the lone ranger

I liked the Lone Ranger t b h
It's not a good movie by any stretch, but I liked it

This, honestly.

Bioshock 2 was a better story and game anyway.

>Bioshock 2 was a better story and game

What is it like being retarded?

it has good things in it

the lesson hollywood needs to learn is don't make cowboy movies

It wasnt based completely on the game numbnuts

If they made a Bioshock movie now it would just be waifu bait Infinite shit anyways.

>Another Gore Verbinski movie
>Falls about

Dodged a bullet there, lads.

i dont think that was the main point at all, not even close

Unless Christopher Nolan or Ridley Scott direct a Bishock movie should never happen.

Both shouldnt touch it with a barge pole

>implying it shouldn't be Villanueva

He is right if you're going to make a video game movie (aka 80% of audience is children) then it can't be R.

Gore Verbinski has absolutely no creative integrity at all. His Pirates movies are absolute tripe on the same level as Transformers. If an R-rated video game movie were to be made it certainly wouldn't be by him.