Bryan Cranston wrote a response to a retard on IMDB back in 1999

IMDB-tards BTFO

>i wanna be marlon brando so much that i'll copy everything he does

LOL EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO HE DID AN EMBARRASSING THING ON THE INTERNET! GOOD FIND OP

Was it you, cloister?

>1999 was 18 years ago

You will also find that the cast of IASIP Charlie, Rob and Glenn always posted on their own boards teasing each other. Basically just bored, broke actors at the time.

So what? Brendan Fraser has been posting on his board for years

its been established that thechamcham is a brendan fraser fan that wanted people to think he was brendan by putting in fake hints into his post

Are you guys aware the IMDB forums will be shut down on Feb 20? There are some real gems hidden in there, does anyone know if there's an easy way of archiving everything?

I looked into it and IMDB is closed sourced and Amazon has locked down the API years ago

I once had a spiritual awakening/revelation while reading IMDB.

I was on the page for Tom Arnold, who I used to like as a little kid but had grown to hate for no real reason, reading through some older thread with other people who hated him and were making fun of him for being a drug addict loser, and for his fat ex wife Roseanne. When the best role-playing faggot ever, or actual Tom Arnold, showed up. He didn't even argue with them except about Roseanne, who he defended saying that she was a good person that he loved but he fucked everything up. He just tried to explain that he knew he was a loser but that he was trying to be a better guy. It was like he was kinda repeating shit he learned in therapy/rehab.
I have no idea if it was really him or not, but it finally hit me really hard that Tom Arnold is just a regular human being trying his best and failing like everyone else. I realized I didn't "have to" hate him, I didn't have to hate anyone at all.
I actually burst into fucking tears like a faggot when I realized there was no reason for me to be such a butthurt egotistical little bitch all the time, and that I could just let everyone be themselves and be fuck-ups and not be a pain in the ass about it. It was like this huge weight was lifted off me and I felt so fucking awesome.

All thanks to that fucking IMDB message boards and that idiot Tom Arnold.
I fucking love that bastard now.

He was based in True Lies

>tfw I realize that's actually true

I want to go back.

will you be able to look up old threads on the internet archive?

my ritual for the last 11 years has been to check the boards after I watch a movie or tv show to see what people were saying about it, sometimes you'd come across actors or directors themselves getting into arguments with teenagers about their shitty low budget movie, it was great

fuck amazon

>will you be able to look up old threads on the internet archive?
nope, they don't allow web crawlers i think.

I had a similar experience arguing with someone on Sup Forums when I realized I was literally making things up about graphics cards to win an argument on an anonymous image board with someone who's probably 14 years old and that there's no point in having to pretend to be the smartest person in any given situation and it was a huge relief, now I'm a way chiller person

inelite is that you?

tl;dr :^)

Sure thing Brendan

>a Sup Forums shitposter is Kate Beckensale's boytoy

wew this timeline

>Kate is on /hr/
shitpostkino

>pre 9/11 you could argue with celebs about how shit their movies were

Terrorists ruined everything.

link?

Based cloister poster!

>terrorists

The director of Transmorphers is a regular IMDB shitposter. He defends his awful movies and insults anyone who criticizes him. His ego is the size of OP's mom.

>1999 was 18 years ago
>There are posters on this board RIGHT NOW who were born in 1999

nice quads

Cranston wasn't a celebrity until Malcom in the Middle.

This doesn't seem particularly embarrassing, it's just Bryan Cranston responding to someone who called his movie shit

Did a pretty good job of it, too

There's also probably posters born in 2009 on the Internet you can be anything you want besides married to your waifu

What nigga? It's even worse now thanks to Twitter

>Born in 97
>Started coming here in 2009

at least I didn't start posting until I was older, I was self-aware to know that this was a shit-hole but a charming shit-hole at least and Abatap made me laugh. Will he be back for Avatar 2? ;~;

he lived in an orphanage in russia, not sure he's been able to hold on, RIP

Where the fuck are we going to go now to read discussions after having watched a film?

Social media is not a substitute because it's connected to your life.
And Reddit is cancer.

It looks like people will splinter into small shitty forums that won't gain any traction. There's really no substitute for years of shitposts and meaningful movie discussion.

They're not even going to archive it. Fuck you, Amazon.

>Sup Forums is the last place to talk about movies online

Yes, I can spend a good hour or two reading through them for every movie I watch, and now it's all being whisked away. Fuck.

>Where the fuck are we going to go now to read discussions after having watched a film?
>Social media is not a substitute because it's connected to your life.
>And Reddit is cancer.

The end goal for the internet is sycophant websites where everyone's personal social media is allowed to upvote and praise their favourite products.

Criticism is not allowed you negative nancy, get banned pisslord.

In the end we'll be back where we started and the only free outlets will be old technology piggybacking off the increasingly cable-ized internet. Forums, BBSes, IRC type chats (through TOR maybe, or i2p).

We'll be back to small dedicated autist led communities because everyone else will never bother setting all that shit up to discuss Kirk vs Picard.

cranston is a douche

>normies take over the internet and shit it up by making it mainstream
>shit it up so badly they bring back small comfy autistic communities

pottery

Back on Usenet you could even alter the course of Babylon 5 but pointing out to JMS how bad half of his ideas were... many did.

>Kirk vs Picard

I just realized this debate has been going on for more than a quarter of a century.

And it's about a show that's half a century old.

I'll probably live to see the hundred year anniversary of it and still care.

lel
/p/ is full of faggots like that who never had your realisation
Sup Forums less noticeably because the shitposts outweigh the posts trying to protect fragile egos by such a large amount, but it's still there

That's hilarious. Like an interactive TV show.

>The end goal for the internet is sycophant websites where everyone's personal social media is allowed to upvote and praise their favourite products.
>Criticism is not allowed you negative nancy, get banned pisslord.
I just realised that this is unironically the case.
I wonder how much longer Sup Forums will be allowed to exist.

Seriously, we're looking at a future where only upvote communities will exist (including facebook) and where you'll be banned from the community for voicing any negative feedback, nevermind censored, nevermind downvoted into oblivion

I love capitalism, but the internet needs to stay free and open

>I wonder how much longer Sup Forums will be allowed to exist.

It's been an outlier for a decade already, which should tell you how fucking odd it is now.

If gook-moot doesn't ruin it first, it'll die when we kill net neutrality and ISPs start throttling it. They'll offer their own replacements though. Quality entertainment nexuses like Comcast Funnyjunk, for all your favourite Facebook memes reposted in JPG so you can watch the pixel degradation and that someone actually took a picture of the screen with their phone.