What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ErrRhXItBWc?t=1m44s
imdb.com/title/tt6217306/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too much plot
otherwise scenes are better than the first but it try to be departed or internal affairs which one you prefer

Nothing.

No diversity

Higher budget meant losing focus bout what made the first great. Went from claustrophobic against all odds fighting movie to some departed rip off with high speed car chases. Anyone who says this is better or perfect should kill themselves. My point will be made when the 3rd one is sold as "Going back to its roots".

the stunt reel as a movie thing only works once

They're making a third one?

Nothing. First one was better but this was also good.

no, his argument is that if they ever do make a third, they will most definitely describe it as "going back to its roots"

Yes it was always the plan but the director said it won't be for a while.

Generic plot. Also, how come none of the henchmen had a fucking gun?

In the car chase scene weren't they attacking his car with knives? I vaguely remember how stupid that was.

The third one is in production now iirc

I liked it even if the plot was fucking awful. The signature weapons were cool af.

>That corridor fight scene where the guy gets impaled on a splintered door frame
The Raid 1 is easily a top 3 action movie of all time. 2 is pretty great too but not the same tier

It wasn't really about a "raid" anymore and went full-on circlejerking over action and martial arts. Not bad kino by any means tho

I still prefer the first one

I hope in the 3rd one that actor who keeps dying and reappearing fights alongside the hero. That guy is awesome.

>What went wrong?

Anime fight scenes.
Nothing to do with previous movie.
Shitty prison drama.

>Anime fight scenes.
This. Movie made somewhat sense and was somewhat realistic then out of no where, reject King of Fighter characters came to fight the hero.

Not everywhere is like America where everyone has a gun. That's why Jackie Chan doesn't get unloaded with bullets in all his movies.

it was great

fuck off

>baseball bat to.....hit baseballs to kill

It was sad that so many on Sup Forums were jerking off to that character.

dumb plot with gimmicky fights

I feel the raid 3 lost me when they decided to go into outer space. What a weird way for the series to go. Same thing happened to leprechaun going to space then going to the hood

Too fucking long. Only watched it twice because eventually it just feels like a fucking chore to finish.

The movie is called Infernal Affairs. Why does no one ever get the name right?

Weren't they supposed to have a bigger role and this was like a consolidation gig?

Car chase might have been better than anything the first one did.

I only saw the first one, and honestly thought it was boring.

The fight scenes went on too long, to the point I stopped caring.

Never felt that way about a movie before.

not as focused as the first and plot kind of drags, Still great though and technically better than the first one
Is that TFA? I didn't even notice

>lets make a knockoff internal affairs because people want to see that shit a 3rd fucking time especially since that is what the first raid wasn't know for

Fuck them. They have to earn me back if they want me to pay for a 3rd.

TOO FUCKING LONG

2 hours and 30 minutes is just too much to watch dudes beat the shit out of each other.

The last half is really good though.

I remember how excited I was. I was just waiting for Rama to get a lightsaber and see the damage he could do. I was highly disappointed.

This movie series is literally the only thing Filipinos are known for.

You. Its awesome.

It was made in Indonesia.

Filipinos only made The Nutshack.

Story in 2 was a bit undercooked but the action is great. Kitchen fight > everything in the first movie.

I like them both equally.

Nothing. It's great.
Like it better then one.

It's my fave gangster family epic and general action movie

Kitchen fight is way worse than the Mad Dog fight in the first.

in production or they've said they're gonna make it but really haven't done anything?

Nothing faggot

what would be the point of a 3rd one anyway?

what would be the point of any movie?

Kinonesia

So half this thread is people saying sucks. And half saying it's amazing.

Who to believe.

Reminder that the American "reimagining" of The Raid is finally happening and it's going to be shit.

Videogame structure didnt have enough bosses. GIVE ME MORE BOSSES

None but yourself, user.

Welcome to Sup Forums, where opinions mean nothing. Watch it yourself.

I liked it better than the first, and enjoyed the (((plot))) elements and over the top manga style villains.

It's called Dredd and its already been made.

the car chase scene is so fucking good
youtu.be/ErrRhXItBWc?t=1m44s
only announced that it will be made at some point, Evans is making this imdb.com/title/tt6217306/

A shame...frank grillo deserves better

Joe Carnahan churns out kino after kino, The A Team is criminally underrated and one of the best action movies of the past decade. Stay pleb

is it even going to have kung fu?
I dunno why they need to specifically remake it, It's not like the premise is particularly original in the first place

no he doesnt

nothing you cock raiding faggots

ehhh I disagree. Mad Dog fight gets a bit repetitive imo. Whatever floats your boat tho, user.

the meme characters towards the end, but still 11/10

Too long, the inclusion of the Yakuza gang was annoying, they killed the brother too early, and the inclusion of mad dog actor as some other character was distracting.

It's fucking better than the first one you mongs. If you wanted more of the first movie go back and watch the first movie again. The Raid 2 does everything a sequel should while retaining that breakneck pacing and wild action choreography that made the first one so successful. It widens the scope of the film (which allowed for some truly great looking shots and settings like the car chase camera work and the empty restaurant) and adds layers of complexity over top of the base plot of a lone police badass climbing a structure in order to bring down a criminal empire. Literally every aspect is better. The characters are better. The cinematography is better. The writing is better. Even the sound design is better. In the sequence where each of the three henchmen with signature weapons are executing a different mission they're so clearly yet subtly and cleverly characterized...the antagonists are wildly better, with their own dramas and subplots now, performed well and with interesting motivations such as loyalty and ambition. The protagonist is better! Once fairly faceless, with "muh pregnant wife" serving as the beginning and end of his development, this cop is now leading a double life and isn't sure which one suits him best. Conflict becomes apparent as he realizes how much he enjoys the violence he once saw as an ugly necessity. It's just a better movie, and if you don't agree then you probably had a hard time reading the subtitles and watching the movie at the same time.

The Raid is amazing. The Raid 2 is better.
If they're making a third one there's no way it lives up to my expectations.

HOLY FUCK i never noticed that

>King of Fighter characters
You mean Rival School

>Villain wasn't as cool as Mad Dog
>Movie is so long that fights just get repetitive and boring
>Too much plot
>The girl with the hammer and the guy with the baseball bat felt like they were taken from some shitty anime

>waaah waaaah fun not allowed

I agree. The two films are essentially different genres. If it were feasible I'd advocate to just split the series up, continue making no-nonsense action flicks in the vein of Raid 1, essentially a stunt/martial arts reel, and a series like Raid 2 that has elaborate action but also very good drama and thriller plots.

Hey, it's that guy who always plays the same character.

Why weren't there roles bigger?

Does JJ hate dinks?

Nothing really.
As a standalone movie it's a solid martial arts movie with a fine plot. People like who tend to compare it with the first are wrong. Raid 2 has nothing to do with the first. Other than the fact it has the same protagonist, everything else is different. Hell, they even kill the brother at the beginning to cut every possible loose end and make a completely different movie from the beginning and market it as a sequel.
I mean, you *can* compare it to the first but I think comparing them as similar or saying one should have been more like the other is wrong.

>breakneck pacing

disagreed

the pacing is completely different it's more of a gangster film than an action kung fu flick
yeah that guy playing the other character was confusing but he's the fight choreographer so maybe they just had to give him a part
also was the bar scene supposed to take place in japan or something because I know for a fact that it has never ever snowed in Jakarta

Too many bad guys. Other than that can't say much.
Great actions scenes, specially the fight at the prison courtyard.