Why is Greece allied with the West?

Why is Greece allied with the West?

I thought they were historically more tied to thr East (Russians and Slavic sphere)?

No? Why would you think that? Because of the Orthodoxy?

Greece is the cradle of Western civilization.

But Western Europe considered the Byzantine empire as "eastern" and "foreign" for most of history.

That was 600 years ago.

So after the Turks came to Europe, West suddenly missed Greece lol

they realized they are snow niggers and everything related to civilization they have is invented by greeks
so they roleplay as related to greek
which is ethnically and culturally unrelated to the western world and is middle eastern
it's sad in my opinion
wh*toids wuz kangs and shit

It just kinda happened. From the war at 1821 which resulted in the Greek state up until now we always sided with the west (especially the British). The state itself exists kinda because the west wanted it.

And we are not really tied with the Russians and the Slavs in general. Like, yeah we have stuff in common, but we are not brothers or something.

Although the Roman Empire conquered the Greeks their culture influenced the Romans. Their mythology and architecture was very much Greek. You have to remember the time before the Roman Empire when Hellenism spread eastwards for hundreds of years. When Alexander the Great conquered a huge territory. When they built the Library of Alexandria. And the higher educated Romans actually learned Greek as a second language, visited Greek schools, translated the works of Greek philosophers, and used Greek in diplomacy and trade.

Much later the Greek language transported Christianity from Asia Minor to Europe.

I think if you could ask an Ancient Greek they would identify more with the near East not not Western Barbars

>But Western Europe considered the Byzantine empire as "eastern" and "foreign" for most of history.

You're correct. But "Western Europe" was a clusterfuck of regions dominated by the Franks. So the Franks wanted to build the "next Roman Empire" and Byzantine claimed to be the continuation of the "Roman Empire". That was a rivalry but not a hateful one.

If we went to war with Russia they would chose rusisa over us

Retards.

>borders depicted as they are recognised by the EU

>they would identify with geographically and culturally distincylt sandoid people over the same religion language group.and culture huh
Zeus is Odin

USA isnt west or anything, just corps and mercenaries.

West = European.

My god Americans are ignorant.

Ever hear of Persia, Babylon, Assyria?

Greeks saw all those as unrelated Asian barbarians

So did they saw Any non-Greek.
Europeans were considered pretty much subhumans.

... Yet Archemedes and all those famous Greek copied ideas from them

>Odin is a smart guy who likes magic and runes and want to save the world from the ragnarok
>Zeus on other hand, literally don't give a fuck about mankind

France and their gay romanticism got them in.

Money.

>Odin is a fucking virgin beta nerd who hang himself from a tree
>Zeus is the ultimate chad who beat the living shit out of a godzilla made out of smaller godzillas and is quite possibly fucking your wife and your mother as we speak

Zeus wasn't even the original "main" God.
Apollo was.

It's a common theme. People forget smaller differences when a truly foreign entity comes along.

Why do modern day Greeks like to LARP as being similar to Ancient Greeks?

Feeling irrelevant? People keep bullying you?
Perhaps Wewuzianism might be right for you!
Forget your nation's shortcomings, take credit for the accomplishments of people who lived in your region millennia ago!

Turks took Greece in the 14th century and "the west" -whatever or whoever that was back then in your meme mind - didn't give a fuck.

Italians were more interested in capturing some islands here and there as spoils and the failed anti-turk crusades, basically Hungarians, were more defensive in nature once the turks were advancing north of the Balkans cucking Bulgarians and Serbs as they moved on.

Modern Greece is really different from Ancient Greece. Modern Greeks are successors of Byzantium and Byzantium was a great Eastern empire with orthodoxy and shit.

Modern Greece is an anal slave to Germany so they have to ally with them.

>That was a rivalry but not a hateful one.
Lol
What was 1204?
You're retarded, Greece was always about Middle East, they had nothing in common with Germanics and so.

>complains about we wuzzing while wuzzing in the same comment

Justice for greek crimes

DAS RITE

>Modern Greeks are successors of Byzantium
That's really true. We are essentially the same people from back then, but Greek niggers want to be Ancient and shiet because that's what the west likes. Fucking cuckolds.

Why can't we be both?

As a people we have always existed right in the middle of the east and the west, with all the benefits (access to new ideas and products, hogging a major trading artery) and detriments (ENDLESS INVASIONS FROM EVERYWHERE, HOLY FUCKING SHIT), however the westerners pretty much adopted our culture and thus siding with the west was the better option. That doesn't mean that we do not associate ourselves with the Russians as well, infact our relations are cordial and we see them as natural allies against a certain *cough* infestation *cough* that troubles us in the east. Thus, one could say that we are actually centrists that are inclined towards the west.

That's just a pleb's opinion of course, the reasons are purely geopolitical and what i mentioned are just the appearances

im here you slav subhuman

your opinion does not matter because you are latino

you can write civilization
because it was the only one that matters

they were jealous

Greeks lived on 3 continents you subhuman

odin is shitty copy of Zeus you subhuman mongrel

nno

barbarian had an other meaning back then

they didnt you sneaky slav subhuman
thats why Greek culture is unique

jealous slavic subhuman with inferiority complex

post communistic slavshit behavior

if you observe shitaly/Greece/spain hate threads
you will always see polak and czech slav subhumans being jealous

manipulative diaspora shitskin with inferiroity complex in australia
jealous of Greeks

manipulative chechen subhuman with inferiority complex
jealous of Greeks

hates europeans very much and prepares bait material to post trash mostly on pol

manipulative chechen subhuman with inferiority complex
jealous of Greeks

prove him wrong and he will not care

manipulative asiatic mentality

IM GREEK DABA DEE DABA DA DABADEEDABA

What a coincidence! I am greek too!
We have many things in common, let's fuck.

Thank you for the opinion and here is your complimentary keychain

its a fact
you slavic subhuman

Sorry, only one keychain per contestant. But we thank you again for your opinion.

slavs are subhumans

I'm not Orthodox, but my impression is that the rest of the Greek Rite churches see Russia as belligerent and a loose cannon. Greeks don't seem to look at themselves as a bunch of hypermasculine, hypermilitary types who would kill themselves for greatness.

>would kill themselves for greatness.
thats what asiatics would do

Christianity is a Greek religion

Right, Scandinavians fucked over each other for centuries and now they are the most peaceful nations.
I wonder what would we do in case of an alien attack

Exploit the chaos created by the alien invasion to kill the turks and then blame their extinction on the aliens?

We were never friendly toward communism.
Especially after the end of the Civil War, we were faced with a hard choice.
Either fall in line with the unlikeable western powers and wait until the Soviets take another shot at us.
We chose the lesser of two evils.

It's true we look up to Russians. But Soviets were not it. Those were godless savages who sought to destroy us much like the nazis did.
We fought against the Red Army in 1918 and again in 1919 in Turkey.

Now that the Soviets gone though and the real Russians are back, we feel the urge to side with them again.

No one refered until NATO or Cold War, Comecon versus the European Economic Community. You really could search instead of asking or maing up.

>Zeus on other hand, literally don't give a fuck about mankind

Wtf i Love Zeus now!!

Fuck the mankind i hoph they all killed and die and gone soon by the will of mitera Gaia

because of money reasons

Because of an agreement with Churchill, the Soviets didn't help the Greek communists in their civil war, and the Hellenic Army, supported by the West, won.

That's why.

Because