Barely any quips

>barely any quips
>unique visual style
>great actors
>the major villain is defeated in a clever way
Explain to me why Sup Forums hates Dr. Strange. I thought its easily one of the best MCU movies and seems to answer all of Sup Forums's criticisms about the MCU.

inb4 surface level comparisons to Iron Man 1 that don't hold up if you've actually seen both.

Deadpool>Dr. Meme

>barely any quips
This is true, but that scene where the cape directs him to grab the trap-armor thing when he actually wants to grab the axe was fucking cringe.

>barely any quips
I don't really follow the MCU so I don't have a point of reference, but Doctor Strange had plenty of joke moments.

You are telling me the average Marvel film has even more?

WATCH IT, DORMAMMU

Depends, really
Captain America is about the same, but the Avengers movies is at least 10 times as bad

People liked it, its in a series that people like, ergo Sup Forums hates it to be contrarian.

Which is not to say it's a stellar 10/10 film or anything, but that's the reason Sup Forums on the whole hates it.

It was alright. The actors in particular is what stood out to me. Cumberbatch and Ejiofor argumenting with each other somehow had more gravitas than any scene between Iron Man and Captain America in Civil War because of the acting alone

Progression was absurdly fast
In less than a year went from being shit to being to use the gems and fighting equal to more advanced members of the order
They should have focused more on his development, less battles

being able *

This. You could pretty much cut out that whole hospital fight scene.

I'd agree with this. I think it would have made more sense if Strange's accident happened around the events of Iron Man 1, or at least pre-Avengers.

All they did was use portals
Then if u did 'le forbidden power' you could move buildings around

this is now a Soprano thread
What do you think of Junior?

One of the most interesting characters, and its a shame that in the later seasons he wasn't as developed or focused as in the earlier seasons

yeah also they did a very good job on showing how mental illness affects your life

>the beyonce songs

They had Mads but they still managed to make a completely bland villain.

Never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

>frogposting

>>>/reddit/

Too many films sacrifice the journey for the finale.

Yeah, the villain was wasted so fucking hard.

you're a cool guy aren't ya

Barely any quips still means it has quips which means it's nothing but Disney trash for the lowest common denominator redditor fags like you, OP.

Tilda was very good as usual.

thanks Whedon

But Justice League looks like pure kino, right?

>.....I need friends
Snyder's a total genius!

Mads should have been Mordo.

>>barely any quips
you fucking serious

Was it barkin?

I was wondering if that wasn't the original plan.

In avengers 1, Coulson says SHIELD keeps an eye on Dr.Strange

Why would they do that if he was just an ordinary doctor at the time.

Wouldn't even be a big change in the film, just let him have the accident, and put him in Asia for 10 years.

Too many special effects, to the point where it becomes obvious that you're looking at CGI instead of something that could possibly be happening. The mirror world is the worst offender but there are other sections too.

My daughter loved that scene. Like REALLY loved it. She's 6. These are family movies, accessible to all but focused on none.
There's nothing wrong with that. Watch capeshit with your kids, watch Mulholland Drive when they're in bed.

>kids

FUCKING NORMIIIIIIIIES

FUCK OFF MY BOARD

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I thought that was in Winter Soldier and he was just listed as someone that shield was keeping tabs on

>the major villain
you mean mads? the only villain that had minor development? he died the most stupid death they could concieve lol

>Deadpool>Dr. Meme
"No!"

>barely any quips
>a good thing

The reason the Nolan Batman films are (whether ironically or unironically) posted here every five minutes is because they've got the perfect mixture of a serious tone and funny quips.

You can take the Kino out of the Quip but you can't take the Quip out of the Kino.

Kill yourself, my friend.

>>barely any quips

A single quip would be too many

besides his progression, the way they were advancing the plot at some points was just straight corny. A good 45 minute chunk in the middle of the movie is just mindnumbingly stupid and bad for cartoon. At least the effects were great throughout

Why didnt they ever fucking use magic? All they did was conjure magic weapons and do martial arts

The closest thing to magic was strange making the time loop but that was mostly the gems power