ITT we post our movie ideas

Come on, it's not like you're actually going to write it anyway.

Here's mine:

>a man who is afraid of death dies and is cryogenically frozen
>200 years pass
>an organization tries to bring the frozen people back to life through future tech
>he's the only one who they managed to rejuvenate from cryostasis
>since he's the last fully biological humam alive, they need... something... from him (haven't worked that part out yet)
>the organization turns out to have sinister ulterior motives behind his rejuvenation

Anyway, share yours.

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRbkQtQktqMUZRMHc
docdroid.net/PsLwIGQ/wbh-2017.pdf.html
pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A group of jaded pothead filmmakers make a super pretentious snuff film as a joke. This gets them kicked out of film school and contacted by a cult who worships the baby from Eraserhead. It's kind of a satirization of the recent trend of slow, methodical, "arthouse" horror films which have been everywhere recently (ie: It Follows, The Witch, The Babadook, We Are Still Here, etc). They get sucked into the world of this cult and things get progressively more off the wall as it goes on. It ends with a bullshit, arthouse ending which explains nothing about anything.

>they need... something... from him

This sounds like a setup to one of my japanese harem animes.

I'll actually post something I'm writing right now.

>A burnt-out hacker in the near future gets roped into an investigation involving a mind-control drug and a band of disgraced scientists working in tandem with the Yakuza
>Whole thing is an abstract representation of Vaporwave, neon lights and sadbois walking around at night in the rain.
>echoes of Neuromancer and The Matrix.

... I hope you realize you're writing snow crash.

FUCKING DAMMIT

I gotta read that at some point, I know.

Sounds cheesy
Not bad, actually sort of original. Good job user
Not bad either, but you'd need to be a hell of a director for this to work. I can't see it working too well in script form.

Something about a robot so big it stretches out across the horizon and the effect it has on the small mountain town it appears next to.

>since he's the last fully biological humam alive, they need... something

It's his semen isn't it

batman in zombie apocalypse

>Here's my idea
>Spend as much time describing the stylistic themes as you do the actual story

Is that you Refn?

>He thinks film (FILM not FLICK) is a storyteller medium
What a fucking pleb, just like most of these threads.

>implying I actually gave a shit about the actual story
I just wanted to try and write something inspired by 2814, and I haven't written anything in a long fucking time so this was a nice challenge.

If anyone wants to see what I have so far, I got about 8 pages. I don't give a shit if anyone steals it, it's probably not good enough to steal anyways.

drive.google.com/open?id=0B6uwaxNQt5HRbkQtQktqMUZRMHc

i want a snow crash movie

A group of irredeemable criminals and super villains are rounded up and sent to fight a supernatural demon from long ago, an impossible mission. Some kind of... Suicide Squad.

a feature length animation of pepe and wojak trolling each other as illustrated in the many notorious memes about them. sort of like a thinking mans terrance and phillips.

>Brendan Fraser gets JUSTED
>he's about to commit suicide
>just before he kills himself he gets a purely coincidental notification of a thread on Sup Forums featuring him
>he has the realisation he can use his newfound army of fans as shills he can use to get his career back on track
>he meets up with some Sup Forums oldfags in a kinobar and they set their plan of BRENDIFICATION into action
>Sup Forumss coordernated mass shilling operation is enough to get the producers of a new blockbuster to cast him as the star
>Brendan knows hes a fraud and will get found out when the film is released
>unknown to Brendan Sup Forumss shilling has convinced internet journalists and reviewers to review his blockbuster as 10/10 kino to satify his 'huge fanbase'
>the film is released and is a financial and critical success due to Sup Forums shilling and dishonest journalists
>Brendan feels guilty for all the jewishness he's got himself involved in
>before he's about to call a press conference one of the main characters reveals to brendan the film is actually pure kino and he deserves the success
>brendan gets an oscar
>he quotes CIA in his acceptance speech as the film cuts to black

>a man who is afraid of death dies

But seriously, what does him being afraid to die has to do with anything?

>MC is a HS dropout neet
>learns to hack
>finds a videotape of Cillary Hlinton, Seorge Goros and Oarrack Bbama
>they are conspirating on how to impeach Tonald D Jump and how they are creating fake news trough NNC and faking a race/sex war that doesn't exist just to keep racist leftists distracted from the truth
>MC is shocked at what he found
>buys a ticket for america, New york
>contacts Tonald D Jump
>shows him the tape, Jump is flabergasted and decides to award the MC 1 million dollars
>while exiting his office the character meets Tiffany Trump and she falls in love with him
>they fuck in the bathroom of the whitehouse
>the caracter has enough money just to chill for the rest of his life in company of his loyal companion Tiffany

AAAAAAND CUT

You l-l-like it Sup Forums ?

That's the reason he was cryogenically frozen, he was afraid of death and didn't want to die.

It was pointless of me to include that though yeah

extreme meta comedy humor

>opening scene is a nightmare montage of his whole career going from the highs to the ALIMONY and irrelevance
>he wakes up in a sweat as 50,000 DOLLARS is reverberating throughout his mind

Seems cool

Sounds like an 80's movie

You have to give a major shit about the story first, user. Then build the style and aesthetic of the film around it.

I like the way you right dialogue, feels natural.

>our protaganist is a plane-crash survivor who has just waken from his two-year coma
>he finds his country under a totalitarian militarist dictatorship led by an old rival
>old rival sends men to kill him once he learns of his awakening
>protagonist saved by a former bodyguard of the old rival
>protagonist joins former bodyguard's rebel groups
>lots of action later, the protagonist confronts his old rival on a plane
>before legendary fight, protagonist says heh, you're a big guy

Nick Stanton is a actor who peaked early. His first major role was in a critically-acclaimed movie that earned him an Oscar nomination for best supporting actor, when he was just 21. He mishandled that fame, signing up for two failed franchise-builder action movies and then making an ever worse comeback attempt with a melodramatic movie that comes to be considered one of worst ever made. As his career declines, he loses everything. Money, fame and the interest of his peers, and, just four years later, is a washed-up has-been doing low-budget straight-to-video movies in New Mexico.

One day, he is approached by a representative of a prestigious and excentric movie director, Lionel Hawthorne, a Terrence Malick-esque brilliant recluse who wants Nick to star in his next movie, a self-funded adaptation of the controversial 19th century diaries of Lord Malcolm Ashbay, a disgraced nobleman and occultist who committed atrocities in rituals in which he aspired to obtain supernatural powers.

Lord Ashbay's diaries are a often disputed literary piece, and have been adapted twice before. In both adaptations, the lead actor died shortly afterwards. The first committed suicide and the second died in a bizarre car accident. Suspicious circumstances have led to the movies never being released, the first being destroyed in a fire at the studio lot and the second being misplaced and becoming an urban legend, reportedly circulating in the black market and being so terrifying people refuse to speak of what they saw.

Nick is reluctant, but believes taking on the seemingly "cursed" role with such a prestigious director is his once-in-a-lifetime chance to get back into show business, so he accepts. Arriving at the set, the derelict mansion once belonging to the real Lord Ashbay, things slowly begin unraveling, and as Nick's commitment to the role drives him to the brink of insanity, he realizes the truth behind the role he was chosen for are much sinister than it appears.

you've posted this before right? I like this concept

yes
i'm still playing with the story, idk what to do with it quite yet

>It ends with a bullshit, arthouse ending which explains nothing about anything.
Kek, would watch for sure

I really like this, user.

Would it turn into a horror once the shooting for Lionel Hawthorne's movie starts?

>Futuristic dystopia. In a desolated planet, Anne Hathaway plays an astronaut living inside a bug shaped spaceship

>The world design looks sort of like that seen in the matrix and the movie is slow and has a vibe similar to the spaceship scenes in the second half of 2001 and also some dark atmosphere and surreal touches inspired by Angel's Egg

>time travel twist, taking her to 17th century england
I think that'll be good

Main character is a charismatic manson-esque cult leader. He's trying to end the world, but you don't really know this until the end of the movie.
Throughout the movie, he's shown as a very charismatic man and it's hard to dislike him. He's funny, his smile lights up a room and he does plenty of nice things. At the same time, he's trying to teach people the ways of his new age religion that seems pretty appealing at skin deep level to the audience. It's to the point, that the audience has a pretty deep attachment to his cause and don't think it's so bad because his religion helps a lot of people throughout the movie and its beliefs are fairly inspiring.

Basically, I want the audience to really adore this guy until he incites nuclear war to end the world for the sake of his religion.

Earth's gravity slowly reverses over a 24 period (cars, property etc starts sliding until it falls up into the air, oceans start breaching land.
The scientist who predicted it must get to his family a few cities over while avoiding obstacles so he can say goodbye

A movie-obsessed teenager realizes that he's himself a character in a teen romantic comedy in the role of the nice guy who's best friends and secretly in love with the female lead, but will ultimately lose her to a jock with a heart of gold. He then decides to alter the narrative so that the female lead falls for him instead, but ends up dramatically unraveling the movie and the entire story begins switching genres to gritty drama to slasher movie to gross-out sex comedy to Young Adult dystopia to sci-fi thriller as the teen attempts to fix the universe and win the girl of his dreams.

OP it sounds like you're more or less writing fallout 4.

That's the idea. More surrealistic maybe-magic-maybe-mundate psychological horror than jumpscares and fake blood.

Sounds really fun desu, just needs to be executed tastefully.

Delirious, john Candy

Lol asshole

Just read it, kind of interested. I'd imagine the cinematic atmosphere to be similar to the city scenes in Enter The Void or Watchmen with a more distinct cyperpunk-vaporwave tone.

Sounds kind of similar to Knowing

FUND IT

Mine is not a "it was all just a dream" scenario.

Usually I post this on Sup Forums. It is a cartoon series project

>Title
Way back home
>Genre
Adventure/Sci-fi
>Plot
Siblings abducted by aliens must cross the galaxy, trying to find the way back to Earth.

No maps, no guides, no translators, no powers. Real adventure is back

Learn more here:
>docdroid.net/PsLwIGQ/wbh-2017.pdf.html
>pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv

Any suggestion or criticism, even harsh, is welcome.

we rewrite the greatest tragedy in cinematic history... and by tragedy I'm not talking about Anakin. We then make an autistic display of our ideas in 3 long documentary videos that with autistic images and epic music to talk about these ideas. We then sell it to Disney and they remake the prequels. I mean they made Rogue One based off the idea some computer guy came up with.

If you ever decide to work on this and need a screen-writer hmu, here's my discord if you wanna discuss shit anytime lemon#0382

Gimmick romance set in a world where time broke and people randomly switch times, sometimes they never switch times. Society has settled to an extent as people get used to the time phenomenon. Technology is all over the place, culture is all over the place. There are language and culture shock classes. Things like that. Romance has effectively died though as sometimes lovers will be separated by millennia with no guarantee of meeting again. It's an age of flings and there's no real need to reproduce as every human that ever existed are technically existing with each other.
Guy and girl meet and the movie is about their struggle to find each other in different times, often when one of them is very old or very young.

A love story in the early 20th century.
Ye olde strongman marries a cute nurse and their relationship goes to shit cuz he just wanna lift.
He should look like this.

A police detective with a split personality obsessively searches for a brutal vigilante unaware that they're the same person.

This is fucking amazing.

Thanks for the ideas, goyim!

>Come on, goy... I mean, dude, it's not like you're actually going to write it anyway.

heist movie
the robbers break in on the full moon
they find out that the bank doesnt actually hold money but the guards are a kabaal of werewolves trying to use magic to turn the entire town into sheep to eat
they have to get back out of the bank past security and werewilves to avoid being a blood sacrifice

A Primer-esque heist movie with time travel and unreliable narrators who may or may not be dreaming and have split personalities.

A boy falls in love with a girl.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the girl’s phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls her, and is overjoyed to find out that she has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the girl, she only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the girl he called is not the same girl he fell in love with. In fact, she doesn’t exist in this universe at all. She is the girl’s alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of her crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of LOVE.

Yeah, I know. I'm writing primarily with the intention of "finish something cool", not necessarily looking to sell it.

That's a huge compliment actually. For years I got my dialogue fucking destroyed here so hearing that it might be passable feels nice for once.

Yeah, that's kinda what I was going for. Cyberpunk's coming back (Praise the lord) since we now have the technology to do Blade Runner visuals without a Blade Runner attention to detail, so I want to capitalize on that.

Whole thing is actually inspired by a Sup Forums post, actually. Pic related.

Not a movie idea, but a gag for a Seinfeld episode would be George complaining that he never goes on vacation because he's too cheap. He then gets the idea to apply for jobs in vacation cities like Palm Beach and lies on his resume to increase his odds of getting selected without any intentions to find a job, but just so they fly him out there for the interview, and he gets free vacations. And then at the end he gets offered a prestigous, high paying architecture job that he accepts, but he fails the background test and gets blacklisted by multiple firms.

>unironically writing film scripts

Literally why? I have never ever heard of a script by some nobody being picked up for production.

We open from ontop a cliff to a beautiful mediterranean vista

We pan left, out over soft lapping foamless sea.

A small grove of orange trees are nestled in the mid ground.

Still panning left we find a modern two story villa.
We stop. We hear muffled sounds.

We zoom slowly toward the bedroom window.

HARD CUT. Sound is now as clear as day.

A beautiful young petite white woman is being fucked from behind at an alarming pace by a 6'4" African national.

Her moans and screams crackle and flow, and the sound of his taut hips colliding with her soft pale buttocks slap at 180 beats per minute.

She stares directly into the camera, her mouth gaping. The smallest flecks of saliva fall from her mouth and over her lips.

CUT TO:

Her husband sits, tied up, directly opposite the large walnut 4 poster bed.

He is gagged with a cloth. Old tears stain his face, and new ones appear. Fresh.

CUT TO:

Beams of dusty light shoot through the window of a teenagers bedroom.

Jimmy lies on his bed completely naked, masturbating, wearing his VR headset.

CUT TO:

Extreme CU of the teary eyes husband.

CUT TO:
CU of Jimmy wearing his VR headset.

We hear a lound banging on the door.

"JAMES! It's time for school"

As the words boom from his husky mothers voice Jimmy ejaculates. He ejaculates harder than any man, woman or child has ever ejaculated.

He Screams.

"I'M CUMMING!!!!"

Spooge douces the camera and the screen fills with a pearly white.

All Star by Smash Mouth starts playing

The title text (comic sans) comes starwiping into view.

"Cucked"

pls respond
classic

There's countless indie directors out there that would cut each others throats for a good script, user. Not everything has to be for the sake of big budget Hollywood blockbusters.

>White kid has to go to lower income school because his parents moved houses
>Kid had a sheltered childhood, doesn't click with anyone at school
>Bored with his straight edge life, has a propensity for experimentation
And the whole movie is basically about him getting sent into a downward spiral by poor judgment and unavoidable circumstances, from a straight edge honor roll high school kid to a gangbanging junkie dropout with 2 kids on the way
The whole time he does mental gymnastics to justify every choice he makes, so it seems almost rational what's happening to him. Meanwhile he juggles this double life of good kid to his parents and childhood friends, and bad kid to his "friends" at school.
The story ends with him finishing rehab after having a total mental breakdown, getting his GED, bailing on his pregnant gf, and getting a minimum wage job in a new state.

>The title text (comic sans) comes starwiping into view.

lost

A 13 year old who hasn't seen his father in years because her mother divorced him and moved to another city has a day with his father on a big city and they walk around for 1 hour and a half just talking about life and interests, lots of tracking shots and trying to keep the time in the movie as close to real time, similar to Before Sunset.

A mild mannered university research associate is stung by a radioactive scorpion and gains the ability to burrow and shoot acid, he uses his powers to fight crime

It's just the mundane life of an average guy told through phone conversations while he's on the toilet.
Like, he's at work taking a shit, and gets a call that his wife is in labor.
Then he goes to the hospital and has to take another shit, and gets a call from his boss telling him he's fired for leaving early.

I don't know. Just spitballing here.

you have one original thought in your head?

That just sounds like a cult classic waiting to happen.

Lost

And at the end it's revealed to be a big ad for Dulcolax

I love images that inspire a true sense of awe like the one in the OP. Anyone got any more?

A group of teenagers on a roadtrip see a streak of light fall into the woods/swamp nearby, and decide to go investigate.
It turns out to be an ayy, and it wants to abduct them for research. It gets one, then the others freak the fuck out and try to escape or warn someone - which is when the ayy needs to stop them or they'll call the government, and he'll end up being experimented on himself.
I want to make it seem like an 80s movie.

thanks, where did you get these from user? I never see threads like these on the high res board

Rip off of Deus Ex but with the inclusion of the conspiracy of replacement migration.

I don't know where OP got his pick from but

is just some Shadow of the Colossus wallpaper.

Not him but I used to go to /x/ for them.

OP here

I got mine from reddit

Dark comedy espionage/war movie in an alternate universe cold war where nukes were never made, and instead the superweapon is psychic soldiers. The most powerful one is American, but he goes rogue and starts a cult in a DMZ

Follows American and Soviet attempts to stop him as he psychically assassinates their leaders one by one

Dark comedy mainly comes from the various wacky psychic characters

I don't have any ideas, but I've always wanted to see a movie that executes a rapid genre-switch either partway through or even at the very end. It wouldn't be advertised as such at all so nobody would know going into it.
Something like a romantic comedy turning into a brutal slasher film or a wacky comedy where everyone dies at the end without warning.

>there's a town
>turns out everyone in the town has become willingly amnesiac and placed together to start a new life. its a government experiment or something whatever
>some people want to learn about their past
>some not
>the town is pretty isolated from everything

After scoring their final successful heist, a group of bank robbers cut their connections and head their own ways. Tom Jackson, one of the heist members, gets drunk in a casino, gambled all his money away and gets into a big ass debt with Mafia, forcing him to bring the old group together to rob the richest bank in the world.

-generic heist movie here-

After they finally breach the vault, they find it empty and get jumped by police. Tom manages to escape but is captured by goons of the Mafia. In a limo, Godfather of the Mafia pulls the gun on Tom, but moments before killing him, a sniper shoots Godfather, causing the car to crash as Tom flees the scene, leaving us with Tom being hunted by the entire country as a terrorist and bank robber. Snipers identitity is unexplained to leave room for sequel baiting.

Oh and post credits scene sets up a Cinematic Universe, teasing a Filthy Frank Reboot.

I forgot to add the reason he's taking so many shits is because his wife was craving some weird indian-mexican fusion restaurant the night before.
That's the only scene that doesn't take place on the toilet.

Mine is about a futuristic amusement park where dinosaurs are brought to life through advanced cloning techniques. I call it William and the Clone-Rex

another one
>teenagers get somehow involved with mafiosos
>turns out the bad guys are actually supernatural demons
>it all happens in central america

Is this an Adaptation reference?

a serbian film?

>go outside
>see 18 year old woman crying
>take a beautiful leaf from the small tree near the building
>approach crying woman
>hesitate to talk to her so awkwarly stand next to her with a leaf in my hands
>woman says "fuck off, you can keep that"
>leave woman, sit down near the tree with my ipad (it was summer)
>crying girl gets inside
>some minutes later her "mom" gets outside and talks to me
>"leave her alone, she is too young for you"
>be like "wtf"
>she gets inside
>see same girl again except shes now like 6 year old suddenly.
>same clothing and same appearance, except as a child version
>she was like absent from her self, just sitting there doing nothing and staring (the "think-look")
take pic with my ipad from far away and from behind a bush
>you cant see anything on it so pointless to post it

this one actually seems interesting

Some /r9k/-tier loser gets absolutely fed up with his life, so he cashes in everything he has and buys a Ferrari Testarossa. He manages to pick up a blonde hooker, and he's feelin' fine because it's just like OutRun.
Then a police officer wants to pull him over, so he panics and puts his foot down. There's conversation between him and the hooker about what the point of running or going on living once they're past the point of no return and shit, until they've been being chased for about three states and finally decide to end themselves in a massive Vanishing Point reference.

this sounds really fun, hope you're turning into a script

Funny enough, I wrote it long before watching "Adaptation". Couldn't help but laugh, I even came up with the same plot twist where there's a third split personality that's a serial killer.

Guy wins the biggest lottery in history the day he gets diagnosed with a terminal disease.

Decides to make everyone important in his life dream's come true.

>sends his son who dreamed of being an astronaut into space
>finances his brother's broadway play
etc etc

just a good sappy feel good movie

Is there anything you think that I should change or improve?

Oh look, a retarded ameriFUCK trying to be more clever than he actually is.

Ok, fat ass, here's MY idea:
>*start shittly rendered scene with 3deep5me music*
>*this captivates the fat ass audience into thinking that they will be watching another movie which jerks off the ameriFAT military*
>America continues raping and destroying the ecosystem
>they've nuked Mexico due to being fat retards who've voted for Trump
>Up in Canada, we the real people of North America see how fucking FAT and RETARDED you dumbasses are
>we decide to build a wall
>fat fucks predictably chimp out
>the Canadian PM (played by Jim Carrey) foresaw this coming due to NOT being a retarded and FAT fucking dumbass like the average American and deploys troops
>epic battles are played out as the fat asses are slaughtered in the millions
>*retarded and fat American audiences are two STUPUD to discern that their own military is getting blown up on camera and begin to jiggle and writhe in their seats screaming USA! Over and over again*
>a lot of character development is a squad of top notch Canadian Special Forces
>they are tasked by the PM to go the the WH and kill Trump
>they make it through easily due to all the guards and military being fat and out of shape
>as they all aim their guns on Drump's head, the squad leader says
>"you're fired"
>movie ends with amerifag audiences clapping and rolling away on their rascals as the credits roll

Yeah, see you retarded fat fuck? You made a shitty thread, so in exchange I gave you a shitty post.

Fucking burgers. I hope we annex you one day. Nobody fickin likes you fat FUCKS but you still insist on being a bunch of fucking idiots

Stupid fucking Americans. Always talking shit. There's a reason why Europeans love us and hate you.

You fat shits. You disgusting mongrels. You souped masses of grime. You TORPID SLOTHES.

Fuck America and fuck all the Americans reading this comment.

You are a fucking cancer. All of you.

BAN AMERICANS NOW