Previously on /who/ -

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a821418/chri
youtube.com/watch?v=8Puarn9ZmMc
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Master
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Master_stories
twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/832207634874957824
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like this thread, it reminds me of the kind of Jules Verne, Edgar Rice, Burroughs story of derring-do, which I've always loved.

First for based coat variant

Reminder to GET HYPE

I'm hoping at some point during the episode, Bill says "This is like something out of the Nightshade movie." Because then we'll know that Chibs has not invited Gatiss back. After all, there's no way he'd pass up his possibly last chance ever to squeeze in his fave bit of personal fan fiction for TV the way he did in the BBV audios, the novels, the audios, and the comics.

leaked series 10 promo

>Chinballs apparently has a "very clear sense of what we're going to do"
>Yet it's "too soon" to tell if it'll be a male or female Doctor

Keeping in mind it is Digital Spy, so probably half lies anyway...

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a821418/chri

Hm, nice. Still prefer the red velvet though.

>implying Gatiss would lower himself to work for Chibs

Chibnall doesn't deserve his quality scripts anyways.

>>Yet it's "too soon" to tell if it'll be a male or female Doctor
I've already picked my favorite actor, but I can't tell what sex that actor is, because earth humans, which I am one of, have such confusing shapes.

>"It took Peter a long time to make up his mind," Moffat said. "But I think he came close to staying."
ITS ALL CHINBALLS FAULT
ABORT ABORT ABORT
ABORT

>>implying Gatiss would lower himself to work for Chibs
Well, it's not like he's going to get a boss as brilliant as Bill "Zygon" Baggs again, he has to be realistic.

What are Chibnall's plans? Fuck, they must be hideous.

Isn't Capaldi against the Doctor/Companion romance? Will Chibnall destroy the show? Find out in 20-FUCKING-19.

Reminder that 'gender' doesn't exist and is in fact a leftist term used to manipulate people. Sex exists. What if 13 is played by the woman who played the Grunt in Sleep No More? I'd watch that.

>'gender' doesn't exist and is in fact a leftist term used to manipulate people.
So what you're saying is gender is a social construct?

youtube.com/watch?v=8Puarn9ZmMc

>So what you're saying is gender is a social construct?
I think he's also saying that people like Marlborough, Montague, and other 16th-18th century Tory peers are leftist SJWs.

Doctor who is fucking garbage.
It can tell any story in all of time and space and it always ends up a shitty looking celebration of mediocrity.
It's a predictable, safe formulaic children's show where the Le wacky man saves the day with some 'witty' banter and a 'clever' scheme.
The Doctor never goes anywhere in his development, just going from dark to light or dark to light depending on the incarnation.
It has no love for science or history, it just boils everything down for lowest common denominator. It's a waste of time and effort,
why don't you losers mature and watch some grown up television for a change.
You shouldn't watch doctor who unless it's with your own children but I really don't want you plebs procreating.

Just read the script to Bank Horrorday Monday by Gatiss. Instant classic.

Brb adding Gatiss with Jules Verne and Edgar Rice Burroughs.

That's Gatiss!

>Jules Verne
Please tell me you're going to use pic-related instead of the more famous photo everyone always uses. He just looks so much more like a hero to Gatiss when he's sitting awkwardly, leaning back, hands in his pockets,

>Chibnall’s predecessor as showrunner, meanwhile, is “extraordinary. He’s such an incredibly detailed and precise writer. The breadth, surprise and density he’s brought to a popular Saturday night show… Steven’s mind is one of the great national treasures – you can talk about him in the same breath as Douglas Adams. I think he’s a bit under‑appreciated, which is a mad thing to say about someone with two prime-time BBC One shows. You’re going to miss him when he’s gone!”

> You’re going to miss him when he’s gone!”

Is Chibnall saying hes going to be bad?

I'll have him, Burroughs and Gatiss all sitting on a bench, waiting for the train.

>We’ll cast the role in the traditional way: write the script, then go and find the best person for that part in that script. You couldn’t go out and cast an abstract idea. The creative possibilities are endless, but I have a very clear sense of what we’re going to do, without even knowing who’s going to play the part.”

TBHMFW you're watching a Mark Gatiss Ice Warrior episode.

here's a higher res version

Hahaha!

>Capaldi obviously quits after hearing Chibnall's plans

>Chibnall says we're going to miss the old show

RIP.

Also,
>The breadth, surprise and density he’s brought to a popular Saturday night show…
>Popular

>I'll have him, Burroughs and Gatiss all sitting on a bench, waiting for the train.
Nice.

The best pics of Burroughs are always with his kids, with him smiling sadly at his boys for not pulling off boys' clothes as well as their older sister does.

George Mackay is #13. Screencap this.

>The best pics of Burroughs are always with his kids
Wait, Joan is the one on the left there?

I'm used to seeing that pic of her in her 20s dressed as Jane, being carried by her husband dressed as Tarzan, from when they had a real estate company and put that picture all over bus stops in the San Fernando Valley. Because who doesn't want to buy a house from a guy who lives in a tree?

Less than two months for the Series 9 Soundtrack to come out before Series 10 starts...

And that is why it has sucked since the 80s.

>Chris also isn't too worried about the pressure 'Doctor Who' will put on his work schedule, as he's "already talking" about his next projects.

>He explained to the Daily Mirror newspaper: "I expect 'Doctor Who' is going to take over my life to a certain degree but I'm already talking about the next play I'll do.

>"It might take a couple of years but I've already got an idea for my next play."

>hasn't even started yet
>already thinking about what hes going to do when he leaves
yikes RIP doctor who

For FUCKS SAKE
can they get one guy, one, who will focus entirely on Doctor Who?
There's got to be plenty up to it.

>And that is why it has sucked since the 80s.
And that's why it also sucked in the 60s, when the actors also did three years.

The show should get back to the glory days of the 90s, when the actors stuck around for 9 years, and their last names all started with Mc.

>can they get one guy, one, who will focus entirely on Doctor Who?
Nick Briggs.

#thirteen

Matt Smith 2.0

They should've just hired Gareth.

Seriously? Not the anim shot? What's wrong with you?

>Seriously? Not the anim shot? What's wrong with you?
Absolutely nothing, now that you posted that.

Soooo I tried... sorry it just looks shit.

Can you get a more HD shot of le chips man?

At least Matt Smith was weird looking. I worry that we'll get a string of mediocre young actors playing romantic goofball Doctors for the foreseeable future.

Smith worked because he was so different to what 'The Doctor' is perceived to be. Same with Eccleston, Tennant and all the other successful Doctors. Capaldi is a great actor but he's a typical 'Doctor' if you get what I mean. i.e, it's been done before

I meant to say mediocre ATTRACTIVE young actors.

That's actually pretty good, well done user

Not familiar with that one, looks an interesting depiction.

I refuse to post Simm's ""master"" so one more smug Ainley

Of course, is that good enough?

Really? Thanks, I thought it looked bad.

The Series 8 Doctor overall was atypically aloof, even callous sometimes. And normies hated him. They just want a meme Doctor, not a complex interesting character.

I mean the whole point of the annual hype train pic is that it's a near incoherent clusterfuck of random memes, I'm not sure standards should be too high for something like this, it looks fine, they look cozy up on his shoulders there

Yeah, looks much better.

>I thought it looked bad.

Did you not look at the rest of the image?

>Not familiar with that one, looks an interesting depiction.
Early 2000s comics. In case you think RTD and Moffat only stole from Lawrence Miles, here's the story:

After his first resurrection and sort of death, the Master somehow got resurrected and came back as a homeless guy in England.

Meanwhile, the Doctor had accidentally made immortal, who eventually became bitter over that.

The two of them teamed up to take over this future church the Doctor who had access to time travel tech, and used it to tamper with the Doctor's history.

But it turned out that the Master and the Doctor wasn't the big showdown after all, it was their two companions who were the most important people ever.

Also, that companion of the Doctor's wasn't a Cyberman head, but it was a complete Cyberman.

Meanwhile, over in Big Finish Land…

There's at least 5 more Masters between Roberts and Jacobi, but not all of them have pics (because at least 2 of them were only in novels).

Rumours on Gallifrey Base that's she's being considered. Michaela Coel.

The show will go down the shitter if she is cast.
If people think Capaldi is 'ugly', then take a look at her.

Bye Bye Doctor Who!

>that ghost meme Chibnall in the sky

Kek

Why is there an enormous baked potato stuck under the train?

But Tennant was exactly what the Doctor is perceived to be.

I agree, and the show producers gave into that and ruined a great Doctor.
I wouldn't have minded if they mellowed him properly and over time - and I don't want him to be dark all the time - but the characterization 'arc' they gave him was shit.

But I strangely like the hoodie costumes, and think I prefer them over his sharp look. They're very Doctor-ish

>mfw the emoji-bots work like the Smilers, but instead of an angry frown it turns into the poop symbol

Wonder if that was why 6 was so disliked, because he wasn't the safe soft Doctor they were used to. I guess some people forgot how weird 4 was after his regeneration from 3.

My word. Thank you for that post, I've got some research to do.
>Big Finish
I really should get more of those. Didn't know there was a BF Master (I drift in and out of this General, I'm not a regular).

>Rumours on Gallifrey Base
Stopped reading right there.

True, but he was the first Doctory Doctor of modern Who. Eccleston was great but so so different to everything that came before. If the show was relaunched with Capaldi as 9, I doubt it would've done as well, despite Capaldi being a great actor

>because at least 2 of them were only in novels
Sometimes novels are illustrated tho

You guys really don't have to, I'm just asking on the happenstance here, but is there a list of these Master depictions? I'm guessing a wiki has one.

More importantly, which stories are good and which are not so good?

Kek, well yeah but I thought it'd look too cheesy even for a hype train.

Good then.

Kek, don't know if I should keep it though.

>mfw
Well I didn't add him desu.

Just imagine.

That's not an enormous baked potato...
...THAT'S GARETH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What should I add more by the way?

He was darker in S9 though.

Still needs some missy

That's because they hired a shitty intern to do the colour grading, so everything looked black and washed-out-blue.

Doctor Basil Disco Puntastic Funkenstein dark?

We have tunnel chibnall already

>is there a list of these Master depictions? I'm guessing a wiki has one.
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/The_Master

It gives you the whole story of all of his many versions, with links to all the stories, although there's a lot of spoilers there, and of course nothing about the quality.

Or tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Master_stories for just a list.

"Master" is my favorite Big Finish version of the Master.

Also, how did I forget the Jonathan Price Master?

The Big Finish Master is GOAT of all time.

She should be painting the train or something.

>Sometimes novels are illustrated tho
The Ancestor Cell was erased from my memory, and I haven't gone to see Xing yet about getting them back.

But are there any pics of the Dust Breeding Master or his second incarnation, or the Blue Rosette Master, or the disembodied voice in the TARDIS?

Much obliged to you!
>Also, how did I forget the Jonathan Price Master?
Jonathan Price would have made a great "real" Master, but was brilliant in Curse.

Sounds like it, I'll give it a try

Yeah I'll remove him.

Ooooh nice I'll add that.

>killing davros
>using paradoxes to save clara in before the flood
>making someone immortal because he felt like it
>all of the last 3 episodes

he had less of a stick of his butt but he had far darker moments. he wasn't even dark in s8. just a dick.

>Dust Breeding
Oops, meant First Frontier. Why do I always mix those up?

There.

Why was Human Nature / Family of Blood so good? I literally (literally) cried at the ending. Have you ever cried on a Doctor Who episode?

>Jonathan Price would have made a great "real" Master, but was brilliant in Curse.
Curse is real enough for me. If we can fit The Invasion of Time into the same continuity as The Deadly Assassin, anything is possible. And besides, once you go down the road of trying to fit all the stories into one consistent linear timeline and throwing out the ones that don't fit, you might as well be Gary Russell in a slap-fight with Ian Levine or the guys who edit the TARDIS Data Core (assuming that's not just Gary under a bunch of pseudonyms).

For Dust Breeding there's a comics preview with his mask as Mr. Seta. Nothing for rosette or voice-Master afaik.

There's also Mark Gatiss' Unbound Master out of Sympathy for the Devil

>killing davros
>using paradoxes to save clara in before the flood

Neither of these happened. But you are right about Ashildr and the finale.

Maybe "dark" is the wrong word. DIGNITY is what 12 lost in his second series.

he kills davros at the end

I'm still wondering why Paul Cornell didn't write another episode.

True, that way does lie madness.

Nice.

>Nothing for rosette or voice-Master afaik.
Or the two NA Masters, or the Infinity Doctors Master, I assume.

She's not returning in the finale, is she?

twitter.com/GirlyLetters/status/832207634874957824