How did they get away with naming the LOTR sequel the Two Towers when 911 was only a few months prior?

How did they get away with naming the LOTR sequel the Two Towers when 911 was only a few months prior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6OE9Xo36vb0&
youtube.com/watch?v=SoWBYdZiOzA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

well you see the people in charge bet their money on people not being fucking retarded

twitter and tumblr and other outrage soap boxes didn't exist yet

Because it was the direct adaptation of a book written in 1954 you mong

I agree. The "Rise of Isengard" would be so much better movie title.

>t.plebian

Isengard doesn't rise at all during the movie, its power over Rohan gets dismantled piece by piece

TOO SOON JACKSON

wtf I hate LOTR now!

RIP KLERCK

What were the Two Towers anyway? They never really explain or show them.

In the books they are Orthanc and Minas Morgul although the films MM is changed to Bard-dur

rohan strikes back?

'The Treason of Isengard' was perfect

Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul.
Minas being an Elvish word for tower.

Ok Minas Tiirith is where the King that was all fucked up lived, right? Whats the fuck is Minas Morgul?

No. It's Minas Morgul and Isenguard. Minas Morgul being the tower of the moon and Isenguard being the other.

Tower on the right is obviously Isenguard. Which Saruman used to observe the stars. The Two Towers is used to express the relationship between Isenguard and Mordor.

that was that evil green tower that all the orcs and that nazgul come out of in return of the king and then that green laser beam shoots into the sky for some reason

>early 2003
>sick in bed with god knows what, just absolutely laid out
>dad comes in with a plastic bag, he's excited
>"I've got something that'll cheer you up ... just snagged you a copy of TTT!"
>automatically assume he means the two towers
>beyond elated, can't even imagine how he got his hands on it before it came out on DVD
>open the bag
>it's Tora! Tora! Tora!

In retrospect, I love my dad

because the book was written before anyone even thought up the world trade centers

Stupid

"And the Union of the Two Towers!"

There were people bitching about it though.

You mean "The Ring Awakens" or "The Last Nazgul"

>The Lord of the Rings
>The Lord of the Rings: Saruman Rises
>The Lord of the Rings: The Sword of Kings
>The Lord of the Rings: Mount Doom
Prequels
>The Lord of the Rings Saga: An Unexpected Journey
>The Lord of the Rings Saga: The Hobbit
>The Lord of the Rings Saga: The One Ring Rises
>The Lord of the Rings Saga: The Dragon Rises
>The Lord of the Rings Saga: There and Back Again
>The Lord of the Rings Saga Origins: The Silmarillion
>The Lord of the Rings Saga Origins: Sauron Rises
This is how Hollywood would milk it and you know it.

>2017
>still no remake with all female fellowship of the ring

why is the world so sexist?

Women can't comprehend friendship

Stop. Autistic women hating is not healthy

Tolkien initially wanted to release the Lord of the Rings as a single book, divided into six volumes:

>The Ring Sets Out
>The Ring Goes South
>The Treason of Isengard
>The Ring Goes East
>The War of the Ring
>The End of the Third Age

Tolkien himself reportedly did not like the names given to the books after he was forced to split them up for publications issues, because "The Two Towers" is unclear which two towers it is refering to (the movie makes it seem as if it's Orthanc and Barad Dur, but Tolkien felt it could have also been Minas Tirith or Cirith Ungol) He especially disliked the title "Return of the King", because the title itself is a spoiler.

Had Tolkien had his way, the Lord of the Rings would have been released in a two volume set alongside the Silmarillion.

premium bullshit

He should either put "ring" in all the titles or not do it at all.

How so? I got some of that info from the 'Note On The Text' in the 50th Anniversary Edition, the rest from the Lord of the Rings wikipedia page.

no not really, I don't know about the idividual titles for the six voumes but that is how the book is structured if you read it, one book in six parts, it was only printed in three because post WW2 paper was relatively expensive and the publisher didn't want to take the chance so broke it into three.

it's documented in tokien's letters he never liked the title the Two Towers because it was so vague, and there were more than two, the film made it Orthanc and Barad-Dur explicitly which works fine so whatever.

tolkien wanted ROTK to be called the war of the ring, because return of the king is a shit title, but the publishers overruled him.

Remember though, those would just be volume titles in a single book called The Lord of the Rings, with plenty of chapter titles between them to split it up.

best title drop

youtube.com/watch?v=6OE9Xo36vb0&

I forgot how fucking great those practical effects at 1:22 looked.

>In letters to Rayner Unwin Tolkien considered naming the two as Orthanc and Barad-dûr, Minas Tirith and Barad-dûr, or Orthanc and the Tower of Cirith Ungol.[3][4] However, a month later he wrote a note published at the end of The Fellowship of the Ring and later drew a cover illustration, both of which identified the pair as Minas Morgul and Orthanc.[5][6]

huh didn't know that.
I always assumed i was barad dur.

youtube.com/watch?v=SoWBYdZiOzA

If he'd won, Middle Earth would've had an industrial revolution. Saruman did nothing wrong.

Why can't I find any of TTT or the RotK behind the scenes shit online? I can find the Fellowship shit just fine.

You should just buy them, best 100 bucks I've ever spent.

I bought all 3 DVD special editions for 10 pounds ;)

>>The Lord of the Rings: Saruman Rises
>>The Lord of the Rings: The Sword of Kings
>>The Lord of the Rings: Mount Doom
These all sound like amazon $.99 e-pubs. Well done.

Yeah I was considering it, I'll need to buy a bluray drive for it though.

Which bluray version is the one without the shitty filter?

Lord of the Rings The Battle of Helms Deep would have been a better title

No. It's Barad Dur and Orthanc (Isengard). Minas Morgul is the Nazgul tower where the orcs and shit left for war. Barad Dur was Sauron's pad with his big ass eye on top.