The world's economy consists 75% of

the US, EU, China, Japan, India, Brazil and Canada.

So essentially, Britain just needs 7 trade agreements, doesn't it?

not how economy works

10/10 I concur.

Abdul the tanned German will you please fuck off?

They're pretty much fucked.
Man it feels good to be in the winners team (Germany & France).
Made a ton of money @Forex shorting the Pound during Brexit too. :^)

>Euros STILL butthurt

You're like a clingy ex that won't stop texting

>germany
>winner

Sorry, Germany.

Where is your proportion?

No... it's more like this: you said "it's over, this relationship is over" and the EU said "OK then move out, pack your stuff and GTFO or I'll throw your stuff out the window" and you're like: "no no it's over but not like that, I want to stay here until I find a new apartment, and maybe a bit more" and the EU is like "JUST GTFO ALREADY this is my place" and you're like: "you can't make me go away! it's against the law! I can stay for 2 more years :^)"

What the fuck is a 'Slovenia'

It's a country.

Not sure if Slovenia is afraid of burger drones or they expect Burgers to be this dumb.

Add the other commonwealth nations and Britain is set for life.

Hey, Britbro, help me undersand something about EU trade workings.
Does the UK not have the option to create individual agreements with EU members (the meaning of no access to single market); ie all agreements must go through the EU?
Is there any good/service the UK has that can be used as leverage, perhaps to cause an EU member to bitch enough to get UK beneficial terms,. either in trade or other areas?

I know he was making fun of the fact that my country is very small and unknown etc. but at the same time it's true that I wouldn't be surprised if an American never heard of Slovenia... their education especially geography is abysmal level.

I always tell people to do a Google Image Search of Slovenia and they'll find we live in a "slice of paradise" here , as George Dubya Bush said when he visited Slovenia :^)

>all agreements must go through the EU?
Yep.
There won't be agreements with individual nation-states. that is not doable.

>flag
>economy

stop sucking merkels fem-dick. then we can talk about economy.

(burger on vacation)

Why do you think you can tell us what to do?
Stick to your Cartoon Network politics / Trump threads.

The UK can subvert the EU by negotiating directly with Member States (as it often happens with Merkel informally running the show), pitting the Member States against the European Commission and other institutions.

That's what I assumed, so the only question I really have left is what chips does the UK have that they could legitimately pull this off? I'm thinking all they can give is concessions on migartion.

The smaller countries wouldn't dare to do that. And the bigger countries (France & Germany) have no reason to because they have such power in the EU, as the EU, more leverage. It's not going to happen.

Rolls Royce, MiniCooper, British Petroleum,

Just a few-known burger examples.

>That's what I assumed, so the only question I really have left is what chips does the UK have that they could legitimately pull this off? I'm thinking all they can give is concessions on migartion.
It's simple. The UK has a huge trade deficit with the rest of the EU. The rest of the EU needs the UK more than the UK needs the EU. The EU is showboating that it doesn't so other countries daren't try to escape.

The EU also has no money to pay for the EU budget going forward into the future. First, they want the budget to increase indefinitely because they're drunk on other people's money. Secondly, aside from the UK leaving, the EU is trying to score free trade deals with other countries/regional associations. The way the EU funds itself is partly though a trade tariff with non-EU countries. With free trade, that tariff will diminish and the EU people will want to tax the EU peons even more. There will come a breaking point.

However, the UK lost some leverage when their own member of the European Commission resigned (he had some clout in his portfolio - Financial Services - that would have been useful for negotiations, but you don't make it there in that position unless you're fully committed to the EU and are basically an EU agent).

>The smaller countries wouldn't dare to do that. And the bigger countries (France & Germany) have no reason to because they have such power in the EU, as the EU, more leverage. It's not going to happen.
So you're admitting that the France and Germany and the EU are operating unlawfully, because the treaties are specific that that should not be allowed? Thanks.

And yes, they would dare do that. They need the money.

If Romania ever talks directly to the UK without consulting the EU I'll send you 10 bitcoin. I sweat it on my grandfather's grave.

No, France & Germany are operating lawfully.
They have more power within the EU because they're bigger, it's that simple. And it makes sense, even I agree they should have more power. It would be ludicrous if Slovenia had equal power than France and Germany. It would be nonsensical, preposterous.

Such info, much insight.
So could the UK stopgap trade with the Anglosphere and China to pressure the EU into favorable terms?

>slovenia
>winner

Every country is already doing informal investment deals with non-EU countries, of the sort that are illegal to do. Romania is negotiating directly with the Chinese government on investment projects. The EU looks the other way.

The EU might not like it for the British occasion, but there is a direct line to other non-EU countries (and even EU countries) and the UK can troll individual EU countries into attacking the EU institutions. The UK has a tradition of outwitting other countries diplomatically.

That said, Romania is thoroughly corrupt so I guess the EU would have a firm control over it.

>No, France & Germany are operating lawfully.
No, they are not. They're negotiation out of band with other countries. The most recent example is Merkel negotiating directly with Turkey re the refugees. Merkel is abusing the process due to Germany's clout.

:^)

Believe it or not, you don't actually need a trade agreement to trade.

Yeah but you fall back to "default", WTO rules

The UK will necessarily have to renegotiate all trade deals with all other countries after it activates Article 50 of TFEU which allows it to start negotiations to leave the EU. They must be fast and conclude all trade deals by the time the negotiations with the EU are ready and they leave the EU, but that won't be too hard. Those trade deals with other countries (and with the EU) would activate only upon leaving the EU. Until they left the EU, the EU's trade deals are active.

However, what I mean is that they can communicate directly with individual EU countries and gaslight them with different proposals favorable to one country or another, and they'd bitch and whine to the EU to take it. This is probably going to happen - exploiting this weakness - and the EU "common position" will be in disarray.

If I wasn't posting from my tablet, I'd give you a qt or funny pic. Thanks for the help, Sup Forums appropriate handle for Romanian.

>Rolls Royce
BMW
>Mini
BMW

You're wrong on the notion that WTO trade works automatically. First, that's never been done before without bilateral deals. Secondly, the EU especially has legal regimes handling all trade with all other countries. For example, the EU demands that animal products exported to the EU from third countries (the EU term for non-EU countries) may only be permitted entry through so-called border inspection posts (BIPs). All BIPs are negotiated. The EU has no BIPs with the UK.

There's load of this sort of regulations that make it hard to just "default" to WTO rules. Germany won't be able to just export its goods into the UK under WTO rules while the UK sits in the corner unable to sell services as the press claims. The EU took care of that by making strict rules for nearly everything so as to discourage countries to leave. No deal, virtually no more German products into the UK due to the EU's foolish tripwires. Sad!

But that`s wrong. Sure, they run a deficit, but the importance of UK-EU trade is much bigger in percentages for the UK than it is for the EU.

Britain gets in with the anglosphere
Canada overcomes Brazil and India, EU shrinks considerably now that everyone is pulling out
Anglosphere relies less on China
US/Canada/Australia/NZ top the charts

Anglosphere 2.0.

It's a matter of throwing meaningless impressive numbers around. Okay then. The EU will lose 17.5% of its economy the moment UK leaves, the EU is done!

In reality, the EU needs the UK's market more than the UK needs the EU's and the UK will probably be allowed remain in the EEA through an EFTA-like deal while controlling its immigration, just like Liechtenstein is currently legally allowed to, unless the British political elites fail to negotiate that because they secretly want more immigration.

>Canada overcomes Brazil and India
How? By making Grizzly bears work two shifts?

Canada STRONK

Oh silly Hans, BMW does not own Rolls-Royce.

Daimler bought a small car company with a similar name, perhaps you are thinking of that. If there was misunderstanding, that is a bit unfortunate. The perfidious Anglo strikes again!

>Where is your proportion?
Do you see where it says "EU"? That is what Germany controls.

>Sure, they run a deficit
do you even know what that means?

By being annexed by America.

>E. Africa
>India

Yes, get that united.

So the EU is acting like a dumb slut in a breakup when in reality the situation is nothing like that? Sounds about right

>gleat blitain, dis is you as a old mang... I'mma ugly, dead, alone

Again, your allegation that the EU needs the UK market more than the UK needs the single market is baseless.

And allowing the UK to remain goes against any political consideration. I think they will remain in the end, but that is because the EU will break down to the single market level soon anyway.

Well, Bently is owned by VW

That they import more goods than they export, basically. That says nothing about the importance of the UK market to the EU and the EU market to the UK, by itself.

That makes more sense but then again, it won't be a separate country anymore.

Jaguar Land Rover is owned by TATA.

Le sigh. Indeed, but what sort of argument do you think you are making here?
You'd think 40 years of yelling about the EU's protectionism and mercantilism might have sunk in, this is our main national difference with the EU. We're a deregulated economy, I know that isn't how Germany is. These companies you are salivating about wrecking, thats your money, not ours. Never mind 17th century trading models, you have colossal exposure to us but go ahead, keep counting the containers at Rotterdam.

Be nice about this and you'll thank us for being the best tax haven on the planet when it all goes down.

>Believe it or not, you don't actually need a trade agreement to trade.
This is true, but still, look here:

Switzerland:
- trade in goods with EU, 150 billion from EU to Swiss and 102 billion to EU from the Swiss
- trade in services with EU 110 billion from EU to the Swiss and 64 billion to EU from the Swiss

USA (40 times larger than Switzerland):
- trade in goods with EU, 371 billion from EU to US and 248 billion to EU form US
- trade in services with EU 197 billion from EU to US and 190 billion to EU from US

Why is Swiss trade 10-15 times more on a per capita basis with the EU than the US trade is with the EU?

Citizens in the UK can reorient businesses away from the EU and reopen previously stripped industries in the UK in the sufficient time to leave the EU once the negotiations take shape and we see what the basic deal is. The internal development of the UK market is far better than relying so much on trade anyway.

Assuming the final deal is out of the EEA, placing an export tariff on sales to the UK would hurt Germany (who needs to sell their goods to as many people as possible) far more than it would hurt the UK (who want to buy their goods as cheaply as possible, regardless of origin).

UK government propagandists can point out basic facts about the EU's futurelessness and murder the EU in the press and financial markets every day. They can shake the EU tree violently enough that opinion polls will swing to leaving in more countries.

Fixed

That would have worked in a time when there was still growth to compete for. Now, most markets are saturated. What industries could they build up that would be profitable and able to compete with either already existing high-tech manufacturing from the EU and US or low-wage manufacturing from Asia?

Sure, it would hurt us. But the same is true for the UK. They would still lose access to one of their (if not the) most important markets, while Germany would lose access to a big one, not the biggest. Again, I think talking about this is pointless as the basic facts on the ground will have changed by the time this discussion would be relevant, but keep going if you want.

Your last point makes it look like random people calling the EU names would somehow do real damage to it. Opinion polls are already in favor of leaving in many countries, dunno what you think that would change.

Yeah I'm sure Germany and France will give a shit about you when they're done bailing out Italy, Spain and all the rest

Market performance?

Necessity. America can trade with everyone thanks to it's location, while Switzerland is landlocked.

Wake me up when Italy's economy is bigger than it was 20 years ago and France isn't in recession.
The issue isn't Germany, its German exposure.
Italy is going to bury you alive five times over.
Why you even care about the Brexit with that hanging over you, I don't understand.
Almost like the EU is built on utter denial.

>he thinks his shitty """""""country""""""" will exist as an entity when the EU crumbles

oh you poor little thing

>Man it feels good to be in the winners team

Glad you're enjoying it.

By the way I hope you're ready to take in some skilled workers from Syria this summer, because they're coming again. And thanks to our great EU law you are obliged to do more for the refugees

I dunno what that has to do with the quesiton

I am more worried about Deutsche Bank though