The Predator Is ‘Not A Sequel’; Schwarzenegger Cameo Unlikely

>Predator is coming back to the big screen in 2018 from director Shane Black. The last time a studio rebooted the classic ’80s action movie, Adrien Brody ended up fighting his way through the jungle alongside a motley crew of undesirable characters in the semi-successful Predators. The new reboot will star Sterling K. Brown (Black Panther), Jacob Tremblay (Room), Keegan-Michael Key (Keanu), Olivia Munn (X-Men: Apocalypse) and Boyd Holbrook (Gone Girl).

>Holbrook: “I’m currently working on Predator. It’s not a sequel; Shane Black has made something totally new, somehow keeping within the realm of Predator [while also being] absolutely new in terms of the story that we’re talking about today, and rooted in something real. It’s real fresh. I don’t think you’re going to see [Arnold] Schwarzenegger. It would kind of make it a gimmick. It’s horror, science-fiction and a western.”

>Now teetering on the verge of production, The Predator is on course to debut on February 9th in the States.

Other urls found in this thread:

avpgalaxy.net/2017/02/13/predator-synopsis-leaks-online/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Holbrook you ass, Shane already said it takes place after 1 and 2.

black said it takes place before predators so it is a sequel

Plot details.

>30 years after the events of THE PREDATOR and PREDATOR 2, Lieutenant Quinn McKenna (Boyd Holbrook) is the leader of an elite team of Special Forces operatives. During a covert misson in Cuba to assassinate a drug lord, Quinn and his team happen upon a seemingly dead Predator in the wreckage of a crashed spaceship, and Quinn retrieves a piece of the alien's technology, which he sends to his estranged son Rory McKenna (Jacob Tremblay), an autistic savant who lives with Quinn's ex-wife in the suburbs, unaware of what it truly is.

>Quinn and his unit are later captured by CIA agent John Traeger (Sterling K. Brown), the leader of a secret department investigating alien activity on Earth and particularly the Predator's previous appearances in South America and Los Angeles. While they are being interrogated by Traeger, the Predator awakens and escapes to retrieve the stolen technology, and Quinn and Traeger begrudgingly join forces to reach the Rory and the piece first.

>Quinn and Traeger are aided by Quinn's team and Casey Beckett (Olivia Munn), a Berkeley University professor affiliated with Traeger's organization and specialized in Evolutionary Biology. Against them are not only the fugitive Predator, but also a ragtag team of Army lunatics, monstrous hybrids, alien hounds and a ten feet tall genetically enhanced monster known as "Predator 2.0".

avpgalaxy.net/2017/02/13/predator-synopsis-leaks-online/

>will star someone known from a movie that hasn't come out yet

Very good news. I fucking hate shoehorned cameos and tired "DO YOU REMEMBER THIS" moments in soft reboots or whatever you want to call this garbage Hollywood has turned genuinely good 80s films into. Terminator Genisys is unironically one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Judging by Hollbrook thats fake

It's not. There are no cameos in the script AND it's a new setting (the suburbs during a family reunion).

>new setting

what is avpR?

The only good Predator movie was the first one.

A fever dream.

>that cast
Holy shit. This is gonna be a mess.

But he is saying it disregards the first two, while the synopsis says it doesnt

Wrong.

Nah that user is 100% right.

Black already said it doesn't.

No kidding dude. How did we go from Carl Weathers and Jesse the Body Ventura to Olivia Munn and Keegan-Michael Key?

How are these slack-jawed faggots so full of character when they had so little screen time?

This movie really had a god tier cast. Jesse Ventura alone, my god.

Each character stands out, so much so that it took me a bit to find Arnie.

Memorable lines and character details.

The only one I cant remember a single thing about is the guy hunched over

This whole project is "DO YOU REMEMBER THIS"

Lietrally who: the actors

He literally never said it those words. he detered any thought that the movies would line up perfectly. Black already said it doesnt totally ignore them

It'll be a remake. Figures.

A sea-boot.

Guys, how the fuck about folding Aliens, Terminator, Robocop and Predator into the same cinematic universe. It'd be a hardcore but semi-realistic sci-fi space travel franchise, unlike faggot wizard wars and happy earth friends. No humanoids except humans and their machines, all the aliens are deadly fucking assholes trying to destroy the others. You don't even really need plots, just 2.5 hours of people trying to survive the monsters of the cosmos and sometimes having to team up with those monsters to survive even bigger monsters.

Termniator universe is incompatible with everything. Including its own universe.

You're incompatible with everything, including women.

my dick is compatible with your butt lol

>posting japanese cartoon children
you should have gotten divided out of the human equation

None of the Predator movies have any continuity other than the one character per movie that happens to have secondhand knowledge of earlier incidents. As long as it doesn't directly contradict or retread over the earlier movies it will work as either a sequel or a reboot.

>children
Excuse me, that's a dragon.