Gallipoli

>Gallipoli

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-great-war-secrets-of-the-ottoman-arabs-2370951.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_myth
youtube.com/watch?v=1gmgwx77osw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

quality thread

what do you need from that terrone shithole

Istanbul

count yourself lucky you'll never be australian so you don't have to experience the yearly tear-jerking and shilling over this stupid battle that we didn't even win

it just gets more pathetic with each one

oh
there's a city in italy also called gallipoli, my bad

Its annoying because we had a great run across north Africa running over turks, arabs and krauts in Libya, Egypt, Palestine, Syria and killed the fucking shit out of them.
But no one ever remembers that, that is essentially why when you're in the military- you see a journalist, you avoid them because they're full of shit.

>Tannenberg

Reminder that Palestinians constituted a huge part of the Gallipoli defense units

>Conrad von Hotzendorf

>But no one ever remembers that
Do you have any idea as to why it's remembered in particular? Why it is considered to be so significant to Australia and New Zealand? Or are you just unawares as to why?

reminder that you will be forever cucked by Jews and be poor.

>poltava

>1776

>we
What battles did you fight in?

Still doesn't change that we cucked you

His people.

Gallipoli

yes turks did not you

Waterloo

>UAE under Ottoman control
mayority Emirate population

>UAE independent
only 50% of the population is native

was fun while it lasted

nope
independent.co.uk/voices/commentators/fisk/robert-fisk-great-war-secrets-of-the-ottoman-arabs-2370951.html

>Independent

pali i....

>Waterloo
Who cares of Waterloo, more like
>Russian campaign

>Sveaborg

MY MY

>Bataan

Well Palestine had been occupied by the Ottomans for about 450years by then, so they would have been dragged into the Turkish 5th army down that way, simply because it was a convenient source of personnel.

Majority of it was sort of a polemic way of drawing attention to how our soldiers where deployed, who was in command and to some extent, it was a contemporary reason to protest about the ANZAC casualties in an untenable situation. However, in our current remembrance it tends to detract from some outstanding successes we had in other theatres. Even the western front had far more (ANZAC) casualties and was barely even touched by modern historians.

I did Timor, Afghanistan and Iraq deployments, by 'we'- I refer to former serviceman who fought under the Australian flag.

>1940

that pic makes me angry as fuck everytime I see it.

if he gave a shit about france, why is he dressed as a civilian? old fucker expects young men to sacrifice their lives to protect his coward ass, and then he has the guts to feel sorry for himself because he has to be slightly inconvenienced by having a few foreign soldiers patrol his streets.

>sparing your population while killing some jews
4d chess

Like he can do anything about it

they might not even let him be a volunteer

>everyone should enrole when there is a war
kys

>1916

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_myth

>Annual

most likely, he's a rich fucker who expects proles to do the die for him. just look at him, he's the very defintion of a fin de siecle flaneur snob, dressed in party clothes while most honest people are still at work.

he probably wasn't directly affected by the occupation in the end either. maybe he couldn't go drinking as often as he used to, but that's it.

pls dont bully frnds

What are you "Kaampalaangs" doing there ?

>1922

whatever floats your boat

>Dien Bien Phu

>tfw you start a war to impress a married woman only to lose

What was Timor like?

You holding up ok mate?

At least we all got a good Abba song out of it

>Sedan

>Cao Bang

>Batavia

sex tourist?

>1945

>Yarmuk

>6 days

>313

Timor was pretty good really, most of the locals where easy to get along with and the Indo's where out of there 100 miles and running, they didn't want to play soldiers for realsies.
I do ok for the most part and can't complain, plenty of others doing it tougher than I am

Bit of a pattern there?

Give Hapas racial justice and respect

underrated, also the flag makes it better

What country are we bullying today?

BTW, daily reminder that Brazil never had lost a war in 517 years.

>invading Russia
ATTRITION
W
I
N
T
E
R

>tfw taking 5% attrition per month and there's 40 level 8 forts in between you and victory

Never forget

>the year i was born in

>tobruk
>el alemein
>thermopylae
>beersheba
>kokoda

2001?

>Alcácer-Quibir

Do you have pictures?
youtube.com/watch?v=1gmgwx77osw

>1672

Didn't really know about this desu. Was it over the Dutch colony in Brazil?

good job

Yes, at some point, the Dutch colonize good part of the northeast.

Fun fact. The dutch expelled from Brazil founded the new Amsterdam colony (today new York).

WHY did Alexander "autismo" the First have to chase Napoleon all across Europe?

>Europeand balance of power destroyed
>France lost all of its might
>Austria and Prussia are incapable of rivaling Great Britain
>Bongs end up becoming the sole superpower for the next 100 years
>Endless lives wasted because the fucking retarded Tsar wanted to be master of Europe
>Doesn't free the serfs like he promised to before the war
>40 years later Russia suffers a terrible defeat in Crimea

Lessons on Dutch history were pretty extensive when I went to high school, but the conflicts in the West and the WIC are always glossed over, probably because of the limited success compared to the VOC.

psst, nothing personnal rio

Well, Half the Dutch in Brazil where literal jews. Probably this is the reason why you don't hear about that.

You own us 3 million Libras worth of slaves.

Come to Italy! You will forge...

>many were arabs
>two-thirds of the first men to push back the Anzac forces were Syrian Arabs
its funny that all the articles about arabs in gallipoli come from britain and all of them use terms like "many" or "two-thirds" instead of giving numbers and regiment names.
I'm not saying there weren't arabs
In fact the part where he says "two-thirds of the first men to push back the Anzac forces were Syrian Arabs" he is talking about 72nd and 77th regiments which were drafted from aleppo and composed of non-turkish soldiers
Whats even more funnier is that no english article mentions that 72nd and 77th run away from the battlefield at the sight of the enemy, leaving 57th regiment, which they were supposed to guard, exposed and later on 57th regiment became famous because not a single person from it survived
Is that enough to stop your WE WUZing or do you want me translate bits about 72nd and 77th from Atatürk's reports on Arıburnu battles?

Are you a proxy, or a well educated Kenyan citizen?

Kenya is our greatest ally
The arabs were garbage soldiers, even in libya they would constantly desert the battlefield

>1066

Requiring England and (parts of) Germany to remove us from dominance. Such a big boy.

Delete this.

What the fuck he's in a business suit, he was probably AT work

Great post