What is Fincher's best film and why is it clearly Zodiac?

What is Fincher's best film and why is it clearly Zodiac?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-nkcwLZep8&
youtube.com/watch?v=yMVzA4xoS-c
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who's that tranny on the right?

nightcrawler. he deserved an Oscar .

>Fincher
Mhmmmm......

user which one of the people in the OP is Fincher?

Jared Leto

>not fight club
WHAT A FUCKING PLEB

I'd say nightcrawler was his best but he was really great in zodiac to

se7en by far

probably bubble boy

Zodiac was good.

Gone Girl was fucking retarded but it was based on a book written by a roastie, so it makes sense.

My favorite is probably Seven. Great movie with Brad Pitt and Kevin Spacey and of course the ending is awesome.

We're talking Fincher, not Gyllenhaal you dope!

I liked Gone Girl the best out of Fincher's work... and I've seen most of his

1. Nightcrawler
2. Enemy
3. Zodiac
4. End of Watch
5. Nocturnal Animals

Why did Gyllenhaal abandon that cute dorky wife?
Was it autism?

The social network is a flawless film. If Hitchcock was a millenial he would have directed a film like that.

Prisoners is by far his best

he was way better in enemy, nightcrawler or prisoners I think since he pretty much carried both those films

>this hasn't been posted yet

youtube.com/watch?v=C-nkcwLZep8&

>all these blind faggots ITT
IT'S A FINCHER THERAD, NOT GYLLENHAAL THREAD.

My autismo on the side, Zodiac was almost a flawless film and DC is even better. I could watch ti all day, it's so disturbing and pulls you quite well, while also being somewhat comfy, at least for me. The scene where he kills that couple by the lake was truly horrifying, bravo Fincher!

Is this a meme?

The Social Network is his magnum opus.

It's not, Zodiac was better, though TSN is quite close.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

>you will never be this good looking

He didn't tho, she left until he was done with the Zodiac case

>ywn be a Jew
Sjebi mi sranje, senpai.

Why would you ask about fincher but post a picture of gyllenhaal?

directors cut is pure comfy kino. could watch any time

Because op is talking about Zodiac and the ss is from Zodiac.

Doesn't look like a tranny to me.

nice bush

me on the left

Se7en beats them all you fucking cuckold

Is the fact that they more or less claimed that the real killer was that one guy at the end an example of irresponsible film making?

The movie doesn't provide any evidence that isn't existent, and mentions that evidence that would get Allen off the hook repeatedly. The movie is about Graysmith really, who was completely convinced Allen was the killer.

Fight Club and Se7en are top for me

then end of watch
enemy

It was an adaptation of Graysmith's book and that was the conclusion he came to.

>dem droppy eyes
>good loking

>not even Jake, Jill, and Hall are good enough for roasties anymore

FC

the movie is based on the book graysmith wrote.
Graysmith was sure Lee was the Killer.
Overalll the movie is more about what such a thing can cost people.
Your health(Hulk's partner), Your sanity (Robert Downey Jr.), Your position (Hulk) and almost your family (Donnie Darko)

>Bob dumped her for that

Was it, dare I say it, autism?

she was really good in Last days of disco with based Beckinsale

i don't think the movie claims that it was Allen but rather shows why Graysmith makes that claim. The movie does a good job of pointing out how all the evidence is circumstantial at best and provides enough doubt so that it is not outright claiming who did it

Thread song :
youtube.com/watch?v=yMVzA4xoS-c

>Arthur Leigh Allen's connections to the Zodiac killer began on Oct. 30, 1966, when Cheri Jo Bates was stabbed to death at Riverside City College (RCC) in Riverside, Calif. In late-November 1966, two anonymous, typewritten Bates-murder confession letters were mailed to the local police and newspaper. (The typewriter was identified as being a Royal model, with either Elite or Pica type.) Allen allegedly was in Riverside the weekend Bates was murdered.
>Employed as an elementary-school teacher in California's Calaveras County at the time of the Bates murder, by the time his employment ended in late March 1968 Allen had used only one of 19 available sick days. The day Allen was absent was Nov. 1, 1966.
>During the execution of a 1991 search warrant, VPD seized a Royal typewriter with Elite type from the home of Allen.
>In late-April 1967, three anonymous letters referring to Bates were mailed. In 1970, Sherwood Morrill, head of the Questioned Documents Section of California's Criminal Identification and Investigation Bureau, determined them to be the work of Zodiac. Each contained double the necessary postage, a Zodiac trademark. Two of the three letters were signed with an unusual symbol. Some believe the symbol resembles a sloppy "z," others say it looks like a "32." At the time Bates was killed, Allen was 32 years old, and his permanent residence was 32 Fresno St. in Vallejo, Calif. (In 1970, Zodiac would create a cipher that contained 32 symbols.)
>According to his brother, Ron, Allen was given a Zodiac watch as a Christmas gift from their mother in 1967. (Allen's estimation of when he received the watch was July or August 1969.) The logo for the Zodiac watch is a cross-circle symbol, the same as eventually used by the Zodiac killer.

>According to police statements, within days of receiving the watch, Allen is alleged to have made these claims to his friend, Don Cheney:
>(Allen used the premise of writing a novel to communicate this fantasy. Cheney estimates the conversation took place on Jan. 1, 1969.)
>He would like to kill couples at random.
>He would taunt the police with letters detailing his crimes.
>He would sign the letters with the cross-circle symbol from his watch.
>He would call himself "Zodiac."
>He would wear make-up to change his appearance.
>He would attach a flashlight to the barrel of his gun in order to shoot at night.
>He would fool women into stopping their cars in rural areas by claiming they had problems with their tires, then loosen their lug nuts and eventually take them captive.

>Don eventually took this information to the police and, in 1972, the San Francisco Police Department (SFPD) was able to secure a search warrant against Allen as the Zodiac killer. Unfortunately, SFPD elected to search a trailer that Allen frequented in nearby Santa Rosa instead of searching his home at 32 Fresno St. in Vallejo. Nothing incriminating was found.
>On July 31, 1969, Zodiac mailed a cipher to the news media. Within days it was solved and stated that killing man was "more fun than killing wild game in the forrest because man is the most dangeroue anamal of all to kill." Additionally, during a 1971 police interrogation, Allen offered the fact that, as a youth, he had read a book that had made a lasting impression on him. The book was called The Most Dangerous Game and was about hunting a man "like an animal."
>According to statements to police by family and friends, prior to the publication of Zodiac's codes, Allen had possession of codes featuring identical symbols. Additionally, Allen was known to use the same unusual spelling and phrasing as Zodiac later used, such as spelling "Mery Xmass" instead of Merry Xmas and saying "trigger mech" instead of trigger mechanism.

>Two of the three letters were signed with an unusual symbol. Some believe the symbol resembles a sloppy "z," others say it looks like a "32." At the time Bates was killed, Allen was 32 years old, and his permanent residence was 32 Fresno St. in Vallejo, Calif. (In 1970, Zodiac would create a cipher that contained 32 symbols.)

man this is really reaching

>yfw this scene

>In a 1969 letter, Zodiac used the term "bussy work," which is jargon used by elementary-school teachers. ("Busy work" is a technique used to keep children busy and therefore happy, by assigning them menial tasks.) Prior to his termination in March 1968, Allen had almost 10 years of experience as an elementary-school teacher.
>Profiles indicate serial killers are always active in areas they are very familiar with. Allen was living only about seven minutes from the Lake Herman Road crime scene. He had an explosive temper, was known to park and drink alcohol in rural settings such as Lake Herman Road and always carried weapons in his automobile.
>**In 1991, the search warrant executed by VPD revealed Allen owned the same type of ammunition used to kill the victims of Zodiac's Lake Herman Road attack.
>there are potential connections between Blue Rock Springs victim Darlene Ferrin and Allen. In 1966-67, Ferrin worked as a waitress at the International House of Pancakes on Tessessee Street in Vallejo, less than 1/10 of a mile from Allen's home at 32 Fresno St. About that time, Allen is alleged to have told Don Cheney that he was fond of a waitress from that restaurant. Also, according to a police report, an unidentified male named "Lee" was known to associate occasionally with Darlene. (Allen was known by his middle name, spelling it "Lee.") Until "Lee" is identified, the possibility exists that victim Ferrin might have known Allen. Finally, in 1971 Allen's father, Ethan, died. The date was March 17...Darlene's birthday. It was yet another occasion when someone close to Allen died on a significant Zodiac date.
>**According to a police report, in mid-1992 surviving Blue Rock Springs victim Mageau picked Allen out of a VPD police lineup, saying "That's him! He's the man that shot me!"

>On Sept. 27, 1969, Zodiac used a foot-long knife with a sheath and rivets to attack a young couple at Lake Berryessa in Napa County, just north of Vallejo. Allen, an outdoorsman, frequented recreational areas such as Berryessa often, trapping game, scuba-diving and camping. Allen was familiar with the Berryessa area and even told VPD's Sgt. Lynch, in an Oct. 6, 1969 interview, that the day of the attack he "was going to go to Berryessa, but went up the coast instead." Allen first used a mysterious couple from Treasure Island as an alibi, but could never produce their names or phone number. (A 1930s film, Charlie Chan At Treasure Island, featured a villain named "Dr. Zodiac," who wrote taunting letters about his San Francisco crimes.) Later, Allen attempted to use a deceased elderly neighbor as an alibi, claiming this neighbor, William White, had seen Allen the afternoon of the Berryessa attack and that the two had a conversation. (At this time another William White, a ranger from Napa County, was all over the news as a spokesman on the Berryessa attack.) Neighbor White died within a couple of weeks of this alleged encounter. His birthday was Dec. 20.
>During a 1971 police interrogation, Allen admitted to having possession of bloody knives the day of the Berryessa attack, claiming he used the knives to "kill a chicken."
>Allen's physical appearance and voice were the same as Zodiac's, according to surviving Berryessa victim Bryan Hartnell. Hartnell had been taken to see Allen at his place of employment by a DOJ representative in the mid-1970s.
>Zodiac left size 10.5 footprints at the crime scene. According to a police report, Allen wore size 10.5.
>**In 1991, the search warrant executed by VPD revealed Allen owned a foot-long knife with a sheath and rivets. To date, even though it was an item it was looking for, VPD has not attempted matching Allen's knife to the wounds of the Berryessa victims.

>According to a police report, in 1991 Allen's old nemesis Ralph Spinelli came forward to VPD claiming that just prior to the Stine murder, Allen had admitted he was Zodiac and would "prove it by going to San Francisco and killing a cabbie." After killing Stine, Zodiac took his wallet, car keys and a portion of his shirt. In no other attack did Zodiac take items from his victims. It is a matter of fact that Zodiac did, indeed, prove he was Stine's killer and he did so by including scraps of Stine's bloody shirt in his subsequent taunting letters to the news media.
>One such letter was postmarked Nov. 9, 1969 and contained a bomb diagram. Ingredients for the bomb included ammonium nitrate, fertilizer and gravel. Zodiac claimed in the letter that the bomb was being stored in his basement and that his "killing tools" were acquired through "mail order outfits." In 1991, the search warrant executed by VPD revealed Allen had, in his basement, handwritten diagrams for bombs comprised of ammonium nitrate, fertilizer and gravel. Also found were mail-order catalogs for bombs, guns and booby traps

Please excuse the derailment

Allen and his mother did it.

In the book they talked about how she was scared to death of him and would do anything for him.

>the screenplay is over 200 pages long

jesus christ, how did they get away with it? I know for The Social Network it was 140 pages and they were told to shorten it by the studio so Fincher was like watch this lol and made the margins and font smaller and he and Sorkin brought it back and the studio was like okay great. But that was an Aaron Sorkin script that was about something marketable and is generally considered one of the best screenplays of the decade. How did the studio approve a 200 page script about the Zodiac killer where they don't find out who the killer is at the end? I mean, I'm glad it was made, but fucking how

Zodiac is great, but Fight Club and Gone Girl are the ones that'll be remembered indefinitely.

Fincher had plenty of credit in the bank with Seven and Fight Club. Plus everyone knows about the Zodiac murders so they figured it would be a sure hit whatever.

I thought they shortened the film by having people talk fast and over each other? The opening scene was apparently twenty minutes long on first take