Interns Get Fired En Masse After Protesting Dress Code at Work

>After complaining at work and hoping to enact change, a class of interns was met with a very unexpected outcome.

>A blog post on askamanager.com says that a reader recently scored a summer position at a company within the field the individual hopes to work in post-graduation. “Even though the division I was hired to work in doesn’t deal with clients or customers, there still was a very strict dress code,” the person wrote, adding that they felt the clothing rules were “overly strict” but weren’t going to complain. That is, “until I noticed one of the workers always wore flat shoes that were made from a fabric other than leather, or running shoes, even though both of these things were contrary to the dress code.”

>Angered by the hypocrisy, the reader rallied other interns, and the group wrote a proposal, along with a petition signed by the whole class (minus one who declined to participate). The request mostly focused on footwear, asking for non-dress shoes that would fit under a more business casual dress code, but also asked if it was possible for the workers to not have to wear suits and/or blazers in favor of a more casual but still professional dress code.

>The next day, everyone who signed was called into a meeting, where the lot was informed that due to their “unprofessional behavior,” they were being let go. “We were told to hand in our ID badges and to gather our things and leave the property ASAP,” the post reads. The young adults were shocked and weren’t given a chance to defend their actions. But that’s not the worst part. “Just before the meeting ended, one of the managers told us that the worker who was allowed to disobey the dress code was a former soldier who lost her leg and was therefore given permission to wear whatever kind of shoes she could walk in. You can’t even tell, and if we had known about this we would have factored it into our argument.”

MILLENNIALLLLLLSSSSSS

Other urls found in this thread:

yahoo.com/style/interns-get-fired-en-masse-after-protesting-dress-201632030.html
glassdoor.com/Intern-Salary/Credit-Suisse-Internship-Salary-E3141.htm
glassdoor.com/Salaries/us-intern-goldman-sachs-salary-SRCH_IL.0,2_IN1_KO3,9_KE10,23.htm
glassdoor.com/Salaries/us-intern-jane-street-salary-SRCH_IL.0,2_IN1_KO3,9_KE10,21.htm
glassdoor.com/Salaries/us-intern-citadel-salary-SRCH_IL.0,2_IN1_KO3,9_KE10,17.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sauce for full article:

yahoo.com/style/interns-get-fired-en-masse-after-protesting-dress-201632030.html

This is actually quite uplifting news.

>millennials try hashtag activism crap over unimportant shit irl in a business environment instead of online
>get fired
thanks for brightening my day, OP.

Fucking millenial scum, I'm laughing my ass off.

Yeah employers really love it when workers organize to complain and try to use intimidation and BLM tactics to get their way.

Welcome to the real world, jackass!

FUCK THESE ENTITLED FAGGOTS REEEEEEEEEEE

What idiots.

Oh that tickles.

So now are all of them going to boycott the company with all their other friends which would never use the business anyway to stick it to the man?

Millennials are truly damaged goods, aren't we?

I could maybe understand if it was one lone whacko doing it, but it was the other way around: Only one opted out of going along.

#JusticeforInterns
#I'llGetFiredWithYou

did they really just jump into the fire without testing the water by innocent questioning their superiors? how fucking retarded can one be?

That's the small percentage that actually thinks critically and knows about paying your daily dues.

Imagine being that one guy who refused to sign the petition and watching all of the SJW's in the office get fired at the same time.

Good. Get rekt millennial faggots.

Oh.... That made me smile! What idiots

All while being INTERNS at that.
I swear, autism or self entitlement has really damaged the new generation.

having principles pays off

"Oh great. More fucking work for me."

>"No suit but still professional"

When will people learn that the reason for business attire is not to look good - you put on the uncomfortable, hot clothes to prove that you made an effort. You walking around with a tie in 35 degrees proves to your manager that you care.

Idiots

This sounds like an episode of the Office.

polite interaction with other people isn't something they covered in their gender studies courses.

This is a good thread. I hope the rest of the day goes as well.

>tfw won't get hired anyway because the millennial stereotype became real

Fuck this generation, even suicide is better than dealing with retards like this. Thank fuck they were fired.

>Flip-Flops should be acknowledged as dress shoes

>ps, mayonnaise IS a gender, shitlord

t.

>muh millennials
You know you cucks are millenials as well if you're in in the range of 36 years old and younger?

>we would have factored that into our argument

Fuck these vapid shit heads desu

>work for free
>get fired anyway

Damn...

Not all internships are unpaid

>minus one who declined to participate
>everyone who signed was called into a meeting
>were told to hand in our ID badges and to gather our things and leave the property ASAP
I bet that one person feels boss as fuck right now.

This has to have something to do with them having shit parents. My parents instilled into me from an early age that life isn't fair; you deal with the bullshit until you get to make the rules, something these overgrown children never learned apparently.

Are we the worst generation on average?

It must really ramp up hard then. I'm 31 and didn't deal with any of these millenial behaviors.

>You know you cucks are millenials as well if you're in in the range of 36 years old and younger?

No, shithead.

Millennials were born between 1980 and 2000.

Anyone born after 2000 is Gen Z.

Fucking millennials either believe everyone is a Millennial or no one is.

This is an 18 and over board, leave.

Odds are their parents weren't retarded liberals and the persona was properly schooled in how real life works

>everyone on Sup Forums is over 18, and always has been

You poor dumb bastard.

See you when you're 18

Social media backlash against the company has been overwhelming. The interns have already been rehired and a formal apology is forthcoming

Is that some kind of knock off Office? It looks like shit.

>get an internship you want
>immediately start bitching about shoes
>get BTFO

It's the original office you faggot. Not everything starts in 'Murica

>being trolled this easily
>current year

Quick test to see if that's true: do you have fond memories of pokemon as a kid?

>more empowering the bullshit

T-They can't be winning can they?

Of course it is. They probably rallied 10 000 'friends' to harass the employees/employers online, write bullshit reviews and threats all over the place, got the home phone numbers of the bosses and starting calling them, etc.

The limits of these entitled fuckwits knows no bounds, they will literally physically assault someone for disagreeing with them, then bitch about it on twitter and lie until the person they assaulted gets arrested and is forced to issue an apology.

It's the same thing that happens to comedians and celebrities when they say something "offensive" on tv and make the rounds apologizing on Conan and Oprah for the next 2 weeks. Except now it can happen to an every day Joe thanks to social justice.

>Goes on Sup Forums.
>Outs himself for underageb&.
>Can't even greentext correctly.
kys faggot

>interns thought they had more value than a piece of gum stuck in the carpet

ayy

Really? There goes all my renewed hope.

I was proud of the employers when I read the topic...

Fucking thrashed

I'd likely feel a mix of joy, in that my activist coworkers got their just reward, but also pissed that I am now in charge of what they were doing.

What ever happened to just talking with their manager? It's really how I avoid every single issue that comes up, or may come up.

>No source
fuck off leaf

>36 in ID

Your effort to throw us on the same shitheap as you is hilarious.

I thank the Lord everyday that i grew up without the internet and mobile phone

Suck my gen X dick

NO SOURCE

LEAF

I dont even wear pants to work

software developer?

I think i'm feeling hope right now.
I didn't feel it for so long, i'm not sure.

>MILLENNIALLLLLLSSSSSS

Exactly, and it's mostly if not entirely women who feel like they should be above dress codes 99% of all men just live with.

They ALWAYS look for ways to engage in victim-manufacturing to depict themselves as victims where they then declare it "necessary" for them to engage in social engineering to transform everyone else's shit to comply to their standards.

What boggles my mind is that these people literally had no bargaining power in the first place. What were they thinking that they thought that the company would relent to their demands? Usually when people go on strike or protest a company, they have a skill that would actually hurt the company but these are just interns that could be replace in no time.

Hooker

And Apache attacked helicopters

Doesn't matter.

The average leftist millenial is so stuck-up arrogant that he or she literally believes all rules should revolve around their feelings.

While I find the story funny by just how stupid they are and how bad they got btfo I don't see a point in wearing a full 3 piece suit for a simple intern job that doesn't even talk to customers.

All the offices I've worked at either abandons the dress code or didn't have it. It was just don't look like a fucking stoner bumb. Not only was it much more comfortable for us but productivity went up too.

The only reason I see even wearing a suit is if you are in high positions.

>work in IT
>have a casual dress code (khakis, no t-shirts), but no one ever follows it
>not even upper management questions us because they think we can hijack their work at any time (which we can, since everything is server-side now)

It's called making a name for yourself. Once you do, you can get away with alot of things that breaks the rules. Millennials have it in their minds that they are hot shit just coming out of their liberal indoctrination camps

These retards are the reason why experience is valued more than education, even moreso than before

>Marxists getting what they deserve.

Breaking the conditioning is more fun than I thought it would be.

Even in my absolute degenerate job, I know that I'm not working for myself and need to compromise as long as I'm being paid by somebody else.

Fucking Millennials I swear...

>we are looking for people to hire to our company to train and pay them for doing a job
>this person can't even be bothered to follow the dress code i am sure they will be good for us and not slack off or half ass it

You can't really be fired from slavery anyway

That's what happens when 90% of your interactions are on Twatter

That guy looks sad.

this...I work as a consultant and nobody dresses like that anymore. It's all super casual in most cases.

currently making like 1.6k a week after taxes at my internship.....sure im a little intern bitch but the pay is gr89

JUST

I try to show candid raw emotion and isolated side of my work which isn't covered by the monthly corporate propaganda rag that's given out in the break rooms outback.

I'll take Total Bullshit for one thousand, Alex.

Fucking hell man it looks like an AA meeting.

Nice, a feel good article for once.

Not everything is about fucking comfort. If you want into a professional environment you should have to dress like an adult.

The pointing autist in the back looks like a guy I went to high school with. He worked at Walmart, too. Probably still does.

i'll post comparable places

glassdoor.com/Intern-Salary/Credit-Suisse-Internship-Salary-E3141.htm

glassdoor.com/Salaries/us-intern-goldman-sachs-salary-SRCH_IL.0,2_IN1_KO3,9_KE10,23.htm

this one is a bit more elite

glassdoor.com/Salaries/us-intern-jane-street-salary-SRCH_IL.0,2_IN1_KO3,9_KE10,21.htm

glassdoor.com/Salaries/us-intern-citadel-salary-SRCH_IL.0,2_IN1_KO3,9_KE10,17.htm
now just because you cant get a high paying internhip doesnt mean that nobody cant. k y s

the funniest thing about this to me is if the women just asked the privileged handicap woman why she was allowed to wear the shoes it wouldn't have happened

Excellent. Hopefully it was a wakeup call for those little shits.

You're a night shift too aren't you. your break room is nicer than mine.

I work in a clinical laboratory, and we still get niggers in sweatpants and beanies, sheboons with bizarre, ugly hairstyles, and pretty much everyone wears jeans except the inherently classy people.

Apparently they banned shorts a few months before I was hired. Too bad, those lab coats get fucking hot.

>k y s

Yeah, nah, I'm just fine with my job that actually exists.

I would be the one that would have declined to participate laugh at all the faggots and keep working.

Love it.

forced to wear suits and not even in contact with customers

ya'll are confirmed punks....why the fuck would management do that to the interns?
Have you ever worked a day in your lives?....I would be pissed to have to walk around in a monkey suit all day just for show or because some anal woman had a stick up her ass

>Go get your future
>You missed it

> all this bluepill corporate dick-suck from Sup Forums
> fucking Sup Forums

>"Even though the division I was hired to work in doesn’t deal with clients or customers..."

If the job you need to do relies upon drawing a straight line without a ruler, the only consideration to clothing that truely matters is if that clothing restricts your physical ability to perform the required task. So long as you succeed in that task, nothing else matters.

Every single thing else is merely someone lording their power over you and is the mark of a leader who shouldn't be followed.
School uniform arguements bull shit all over again.

The why doesn't matter. It's their damn business, they can enforce whatever dress code they like, and interns who don't like it can fuck off and find some other job that caters to their feelings.
I'm guessing you'd be one of the entitled shits who joined their little crusade.

Never thought about it that way...

Then sad fact is he has like 3 kids. HD looks retarded as fuck irl.

Yes. Been on overnights for nearly a decade.

I'm in my 30s. Don't remind me.

>there are people that are proud of this job

holy fucking shit, my sides

Ermerghad, our immature victim charade failed when it met reality. B..bu...but I thought consequences were oppressive. How..I can't even...RAPE RAPE RAPE RACISM RACISM.

GOD I FUCKING LOVE IT WHEN THEY GET THEIR LIVES RUINED. I LOVE WHEN REALITY HITS. HANG YOURSELVES PIECES OF CRAP. YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

I feel like I know you

Where did you get the idea that I'm proud of it? At least I'm not a NEET.

then you can do it somewhere else. best of luck to you.