Shoehorn in some gay ass shit about a single workaholic and her kid

>shoehorn in some gay ass shit about a single workaholic and her kid
>US puts all eggs in the basket of some cunt and thinks translating Farsi means you can translate an alien language
>shitty flashforwards and vague DUDE TIME LMAO
>couple of soldiers can just get and plant explosives without anyone noticing
>dude china is aggressive (even though the US is the warmonger irl)
>chinaman has to tell her information in the future that she doesn't know in the past, even though that timeline can only happen if she already knew the information
>shitty alien design. just fucking giant squids in smoke instead of water
>alien speech is just whale edited sounds

it's not shit, but it's full of flaws.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z18LY6NME1s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really enjoyed the first half, the interactions and the translating process, and even the designs of the aliens themselves.
Sucks that the second half was so clumsy and shitty.
>we're gonna blow them up because reasons
>hurrrr China
>ayylmaos suddenly communicate telepathically, specifically to her

It was Hancock all over again.
Great first half, then someone dropped the fucking script into a blender and had to figure out how to end it.

All I want to know is what crisis they will face in 3k years.

>China the evil communist
>MURRICA the hero

shit flick

US was being aggressive too. Did you not remember the scene of US soldiers literally bombing up the alien ship and shooting at it?

I don't even think China attacked first. US did.

she said: a disease that is unstopable

>Did you not remember the scene of US soldiers
rogue soldiers going against the feds.

usually it's the other way around: fed makes soldiers do fucked up aggressive shit

What do you mean? They were given orders to bomb and shoot the alien ship.

If anything, USA was being more aggressive than China in the movie. China was just being uncooperative.

>They were given orders to bomb and shoot the alien ship.
>USA was being more aggressive than China in the movie
You weren't paying attention when you watched this movie, dude

As far as I know, USA was responsible for the death of one of the octopus aliens. China didn't kill a single one.

they didn't kill any of them. shit c4 couldn't do anything to the shell

>You weren't paying attention when you watched this movie, dude
Clearly you weren't either. One of the aliens said that the other alien was "processing death" because of the explosion.

This movie makes Sphere look like Citizen Kane.

Right, but the soldiers were not acting on orders, they got the idea from a YouTube video from a fictionalized Alex Jones-type person. It was clear that they were acting in secret, we even see them getting ready to have an armed standoff with OTHER US SOLDIERS so that nobody would stop the bomb from going off

I really don't see how you missed all that

try to pay attention. they were rogue soldiers and were killed in a gunfight with the other soldiers.

>quotes someone else randomly thinking it's 2 people itt
anyways, the only time death was mentioned was in the context of abortion

aka DUDE ALEX JONES IS EVIL LISTEN TO CNN

>USA is warmongerer IRL
Maybe against the sandniggers

No, I caught that. I'm just pointing out that the guys who planted the bomb were not ordered to do so, they planned it secretly

yeah that was so blatant

sure thing idiot. USA is on the side of Saudis and they both helped create Al-Qaeda and ISIS

Alright but even so, USA took more aggressive action towards the aliens than China. Of course it wasn't official but they still bombed the shit out of it and killed one of the aliens.

China was pretty much going to war with the Aliens but USA was soon to follow.

That's what I said. China is the aggressor in Asia

>single workaholic and her kid

I think you're deeply confused, mate - this film was fictional, these events never happened. At this point it seems like you're trying to make a serious point about America's aggressive foreign policy, and this is a ridiculous place for that discussion

kino
youtube.com/watch?v=z18LY6NME1s

Are you trying to act smart? I'm going with what the movie gave us.

It's literally stated in the movie that the US was going to war with these aliens.

>Abbott is in death state

Concept art is pretty cool. I don't know why they went with big squid hand thingys.

that looks worse.

looks way better than what we got

I like the squid-hands much better than the pic you posted

More concept art

I'm not sure how I feel about any of these though. I figured intelligent aliens would be bipedal

>space vagina

Whoops forgot pic
To each their own, Squid was very bland though.

that looks too humanoid, probably why they scrapped it

How the fuck does that look humanoid? You mean earthling? I personally think the actual Arrival aliens look more "earth-like" than the one you replied to.

looks like a human torso with useless flappy tentacles attached.

>i've never seen a human being

Oh god I'd just want to kill it. Squid was bland but it's better than hideous.

>Squid was very bland
It was a very simple/minimal design, but so was everything else in this film. It all fit together. Those two guys you posted would've looked very out-of-place hanging around in that ship

One thing I liked about the squids was that, until the end when you see one of them in a full shot, it kind of seems like they might just be appendages of a larger organism. They do a good job keeping the aliens partially hidden and mysterious for most of the film, which would've been diminished a bit if they had "faces"

>ayylmaos suddenly communicate telepathically, specifically to her
wat?
She was remembering, first use of weapon.
go death process fggit.

Are you retarded? Humanoid does not mean "looks exactly like a human".

Obviously. It means something resembling a human to which I highly disagree because I've actually had physical contact with another human.

the disease was the cancer her kid had you retard

>has a human shaped torso and head
>not humanoid
Ok

>has a human shaped torso and head
again. go outside for once. you have to REALLY force yourself to see the stupid shit you see.

Here's one final (you) for the trouble

This one would be good for the unknown alien factor, but pretty bad as a realistic organism.

Assymetry is unnatural.

Are you talking in terms of earth standards?

Symmetry is everywhere in nature. Look at snowflakes and crystal formations.

it could be some kind of a really evolved sponge creature

negro it looks like a fucking person with a sheet on it's head.