A Cure for Wellness

I just saw this, honestly a 10/10 imo. Great visuals, freaky/psychological in a great way, absolutely fucked (in the way one would like of a movie like this) and just overall well done. Thoughts?

I havent seen it but why do you think the critics hate it so much?

It's got a lot of gross themes and stuff going on. Sometimes the accents were a little too thick to understand what was going on. I could see it being outside of the tastes of some, but I don't get the bad reviews it's been getting

Also, I would recommend. Make sure you have the 2 and a half hours to spare, but definitely go see it

Thanks.

Just got back from the theaters about 30 minutes ago. I thought it was fantastic. The only real criticism that I think has any merit was that DeHaan didn't really fit the role of someone working on behalf of a large corporation. He looks too much like an emo kid. I could see how people wouldn't have been able to take him seriously when he raised his voice. He did fit into the role a little better when things got out of hand though. Personally, I thought his role was just fine tho.

I saw him as more of an over ambitious guy way in over his head, trying to make up for what his dad did by overachieving. But I get where you're coming from

Yeah, with the context it works out. But I think if you just look at the actor aside from the storyline, I think a lot of critics would say some shit like that. I saw the ratings were super average before I went to see it, but it looked cool and I've thought DeHaan was a pretty decent actor since The Place Beyond the Pines. I just remember thinking the whole time I was watching that it would definitely be a sleeper hit if people just paid attention to the critics and said nothing about it.

I definitely have to disagree with the ratings here. I haven't honestly felt this good coming out of a movie in a long time

I really thoroughly enjoyed it. Literally just non-stop creepy imagery that just gets infinitely more disturbing as time goes on.

The rape scene made me cringe like a motherfucker (no pun intended).

I dug how it didn't shit all over you with jump scares and instead just felt content with freaking you out as much as possible.

Over-produced and under-thought-out, this unconscionably elaborate attempt at an old-fashioned Gothic thriller looks great but is beyond silly.

If you mean cringe in the good way, I agree. That stuff, incest (still applies) and pedophilia are the only things that get to me anymore because they're just so foul

did the cure keep the doctor and his daughter young?

Looks fantastic and I'm super hyped on it because I love Gore Verbinski, but OP can you clarify without spoilers, if possible, why so many people say the ending gets weird as fuck?

Shills are out in full force ITT

honestly from what I've read it sounds like a beautiful mess, I'll probably watch it stoned some time when it hits amazon prime or something

Not OP, but it gets weird as fuck in the sense that the subtle implications of something seriously fucked up happening just go balls-to-the-wall disgusting. Shit gets gory, the fucking eels (the FUCKING EEEEEEELS) are just continuously terrifying, and the main baddies final plan is just unbearably disgusting.

I'll admit that it suffers from "shit needs to happen" syndrome, where the only reason things happen is because they need to in order for there to be a movie.

The visuals more than make up for it however.

OP, without spoilers... I'll just say it's gross shit right at the end
Well, seemed like it. All things considered, when Lockhart broke her out it seemed to break it for her slightly, hence the period only then

desu this seems like one of those "the whole movie is already told in the trailer" movies. Is the plot more interesting than it sounds?

Damn seriously? It gets THAT wild and gross?
Fuck, you guys sold me on my hype. Thank you.

How's the cinematography? As gorgeous throughout as it is in the trailers?

did the "cure" turn the Doctor's burned face into an EEl, he looked like something out Lovecraft.

>How's the cinematography? As gorgeous throughout as it is in the trailers?
Damn near honestly

Bump

Jesus Christ this was a beautiful movie. Also any filmmaker that can convince a studio to give them $40 million dollars for this kind of movie deserves endless praise.

I don't use this word much but this was KINO

Gore Verbinski is back and thank god he's only 52 years old. I highly look forward to his next films.

The trailer is what you get.... For 4/5ths of the movie but then it becomes something totally otherworldly.

It was awesome.

...this is a meme, right? You guys are laying it on a little thick, either way

Your opinion of him is probably entirely based on Chronicle

This. I thought he was great and I haven't seen chronicle.

It was so gross and fucked (in a good way) I really liked it, solid 10/10. Visuals were so stunning that I might go see it again but this time in IMAX

i didn't even know it was showing on IMAX.

How were your theaters? I was in a 200 seat theater and I only had like 10-15 people first showing

I'm afraid this might not make back its money.

Come on, guys.

...but seriously, do you think I could buy tickets on Fandango.com or by using their convenient mobile app? Because this sure does sound like a well-directed horror romp that's just perfect for my twisted sensibilities as a frequent browser of Sup Forums, and I wanna make sure the tickets aren't sold out before I get to my local AMC theater! Bane posting, am I right friends? For you!!!

Hahaha! But seriously we can't let this movie get our nuclear codes.

Garbage movie gets garbage shills. Their hearts are just not in it for this one.

i liked it, but i thought it was too long.

see on a matinee if you must.

You're learning, son. You're growing stronger.

Could someone just go ahead and spoil it for me

No. Go see it faggot

shill

No, I just don't think you actually want to be spoiled. It's a good movie and it'll ruin it for you.

Whatever you say shill

Holy fuck I can count the shills in this thread that are verging on bot tier. What the fuck is this

Did it have a pro-immigration message?

the main badguy was actually a lizardperson illuminati and stealing the souls of children in the basement of his "pizza place" and the GLOBALISTS ARE SO ARROGANT, FOLKS. THEY'RE JUST SHOVING IT INTO OUR FACES THROUGH FILM AND TELEVISION THINKING WE'RE TOO STUPID AND IGNORANT, THEY'RE JUST FLAUNTING THEIR PLANS AND THEIR TRUE NATURE RIGHT IN FRONT OF US

Say what you will about Alex Jones, he btfo the young cucks.

he wasn't a lizard, he was Eel.

i kinda want to go see this and split back to back

>2 and a half hours to spare

dang

Split is pleb tier trash. It's still the same Shaymalan trash but got traction some how.

Critics are just people who like certain movies and hate other kind of movies. This just happens to be the kind of movie they don't like. The only difference between a critic and other movie watchers is that they call themselves critics.

Imdb reviews are fairly decent and the creeps at rotten tomatos hate it so it must be good.