Adam Wingard's Death Note

will it be weebkino?

I hope they kill Flanald Drapulampuff le orange cheeto harambe in it.

Just want to see Qualley as Misa

Before anyone asks

>Death Note teaser soon, stop asking

The chance that L is going to act like L acted in the manga is about 0.1%

things i'm curious about

>how they pulled off Ryuk, I can't imagine them doing a full on CG character, possibly something like in Where The Wild Things Are where the body is a costume and the head/face is CG
>hope they just ignore the 2nd half and go with the basic premise and do something new with it

muh anime
muh manga

just make a good movie. if it's half as good as The Guest it'll be full on kino

>that feel when no hunched over barefoot diabetic goth autist detective

:(

Maybe it will work, its just that L's character was already pretty spot on and to deviate from that brings a pretty high risk

Still getting over the dissappointment of Blair Witch as a huge Blair Witch fan and fan of Wingard.

Kinda hope they redesign Ryuk. He looks really stupid in live action.

Good. Manga was shit. Live action film(s) were better.

There's no way they are doing a good movie, so might as well do the fanservice while at it

i'd get the entire administration including their families out of the way first thing.

>live-action adaptation of an anime
>not a complete abortion of the source material

>adapting Death Note with 1 movie
So it's just the first half of the manga right?

member when the weebs got angry that the movie is going to be R-rated

if they made it pg-13 they'd cry why isn't this R

Dragonball revolution will look like absolute kino compared to this

it sort of dragged on and got really confusing. they can leave out the idol girl, the timeskip, his machevellian plan to lose his memories and shit like that

>leaving out "just according to keikaku"
Also, Misa has already been cast in the movie.

the best way to make Death Note is just take the basic cat & mouse premise and make a tense thriller out of it. leave out all the shit of the second half except the ending.

second half of deathnote was fucking ass

I love moe-shit and cute anime girls, and even back then I thought Misa was an annoying and worthless character

Exactly right. It's an interesting concept but both the Manga and Anime are trash.

>leave out all the shit of the second half except the ending.
How would that even work? Near shows up in the last 10 minutes and kills Light with no explanation?

from WIngard's reddit ama

>It loosely follows the events of the first five volumes or so. Lots of departure but the spirit is there. Its its own beast. If I had to compare it to one of my other films it would maybe resemble The Guest.

And that egg is on the floor now and she has to clean it up.

remove near entirely and develop matsuda's character and have him do it off intuition. keep light's father around till the end, leading the charge, then kill him as normal

matsuda should be the focal point of the end

>remove near entirely
Fuck that, Near was the only redeeming feature of the second half of the series.

>will it be weebkino?

NO.

lmfao he's a garbage L clone

good actor

this

I don't know why death note is so popular, second half fell off a cliff

>L clone
No, he's a twisted version of L, a representation of the idea that in order to defeat evil you need to be evil. L had humanity and compassion whereas Near doesn't, he is cold and ruthless, his moral values being closer to Light's than to L's. The main problem with the second half is that the bloated cast of characters means Near doesn't get enough focus and development.

This.
I loved You're Next. And I thought The Guest was great.
But fucking hell, Blair Witch was awful.

>L had humanity and compassion whereas Near doesn't, he is cold and ruthless
>Near doesn't get enough focus and development.

yeah, what you mean to say here is that he has no actual character and just dickrides off L's character to fill in his blanks.

it sounds like you have an idealized version of how near should be, but this is not nearly interesting enough to be needed. in fact "in order to defeat evil you need to be evil" is bretty cliche

also, in addition to matsuda being the focal point, make it so that L has plans that come to fruition from beyond the grave. ie, he planned for dying and set up contingencies to help the group should that happen.

The easy way would be to have L win instead

the guest was shit, all of adam wingard's movies are shit, his segment on V/H/S was the worst and his blair witch movie was absolute garbage. just because you make a shitty 70's/80's slasher movie in 2014 doesn't make it any less shitty, it was bad 35 years ago and it is bad now.