Is it a good idea to join the navy right now?

Is it a good idea to join the navy right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

historyinpieces.com/research/us-military-personnel-1954-2014
navy.com/careers/information-and-technology/cryptology.html#ft-key-responsibilities
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's very easy

If you enjoy being sodomized yes

No, the Navy hasn't been right since Clinton. Join the Marines, but if you must join the Navy try for SEALS.

Just graduated bootcamp 8 days ago currently in A school ask away

What exactly happened to the navy? My friend who left it a few years ago says it's pretty much just dying traditions being 4 placed by ineffective politics

What barracks are you in. Essex here.

If you can get in. Not sure what the next few years hold with the prez and senate/congress elections.

historyinpieces.com/research/us-military-personnel-1954-2014

What are the best rates available for somebody with an 85-90 ASVAB? Preferably surface

Join the navy or airfonce like I did and come out to the dli. Great times here.

I want to become a pilot and bomb ISIS oil fields under Emperor Trump. Is the Navy the place to do it?

Don't go nuke, you will fucking hate your life. I was colorblind so I got fucked and I scored an 87. They put me down into Reactor Department anyway.

If I wasn't fucked in my eyesight I would have done this.
navy.com/careers/information-and-technology/cryptology.html#ft-key-responsibilities

>What exactly happened to the navy?

The same thing that's happening to the world m8. Women, gays and muslims.

After boot camp, about how much free time do you have to do other stuff like reading or communicating with other folks online? I've been trying to start an animation studio but I'm not sure if there are any specific things about military life I don't know about that would prevent that.
Also, I know they pretty much make you live with nothing but a tiny bag of clothes and stuff during boot camp, but if you have other stuff like a laptop or something that you can't exactly just bring into boot camp, well what exactly is the deal with that? Do you just keep any material possessions in a safe until after boot camp, or do you pretty much have to throw it all out?

I was in the Reuben James

My brother told me to go crpyto too, but he also said I'd be limited by my selector, they don't take many crypto techs do they?

IT or CT

Can you not send it to your folk's place? or store it yourself?

>Wanting to be surface
If you want to hate yourself, go nuke. Otherwise try crypto.

I was in from '08-'12 and as long as you avoided Boat Goats (women on the ship) you were alright. Go out with your buddies on Liberty and get fucking smashed. Lots of fun stories fucking with other people on the ship. I've told this one before awhile ago:

>be in Reactor Department
>airdales are known for being slightly stupid (colored jersey boys on flightdeck)
>take glowsticks, break them open and coat marbles with liquid
>at night go into their berthing (sleeping quarters)
>toss glowing orbs all over the deck
>start screaming loudly that it's a "neutron spill" and everyone needs to get out quicky
>dip out quickly while everyone panics

I don't want to be surface but I've been arrested twice and my recruiter said the chances of me going subs is slim

Nope.

Don't bring anything to bootcamp they'll make you ship it home. You can have everything you want sent to you once you reach A school.

No they don't. My dad is a lifer and when I came home on my first leave his Senior Chief buddy was with him and he was telling me all about it. He said I should have done that.

Wait to see who wins the elections
Worse comes to worse go coasty

>neutron spill

If you admit to having it. They don't pat you down. When I was in bootcamp someone had their cellphone and they would go into the laundry room and bullshit all night on the phone.

Ha. Good one, hadn't heard that one before. Yeah, different departments would always fun fuck with each other. I was an airdale by the way. Green shirt AT on the EA-6B - Midway, America, Nimitz. Old fag.

Reagan here. Would always see the Nimitz on Coronado.

Sure, if you can't get a real job. It's the most generous welfare program we have in the US right now.

Marinefag here, please don't join the navy. It's a bunch of lifers who were two scared to pull the trigger. As a marine, I was on a boat for weeks at a time. It is so mindblowingly boring, there is nothing to do on a ship but sit at your post and complain about what football team lost last night, or what will be in the chow hall tomorrow. Also the head on some ships are disgusting.

Point is, if you want to join the navy, please think about how bored you will be, and how many of Uncle Sams tax dollars will be spent on you jerking off in your bunk instead of blasting dune coons with an m16

Been in 2 years. Ask away. E-4 btw.

Coast Guard is easily the most underrated branch.

Fuck, there's people who don't know the Coast Guard exists

>Post
Booter thinks he knows shit. Kek.

>Go in gay army and to be fucked by transgenders
>to be killed in WW3 by russian gods of war

good idea, kid

Got accepted to university but was trying for the navy before that. Should I continue on and go to college or try again with the navy?

reality

>Also the head on some ships are disgusting.
That's because of niggers and Flips. I don't know why, but either someone with too much time on their hands or a group of people would take Rebull cans and stuff it down into the toilet, unroll an entire thing of toilet paper and toss it on top of the can in a massive soggy lump and then shit on top of it.

How's the CG training anyway? I've heard everyone gets firefighter training, I'd imagine bayflight rescue would be in it too.

Try to take as little extra stuff as you can, but they won't throw it away. They kept it in a separate locked room when I went, but I'm army and the navy might actually ship it home like that user said. To your first question, it depends on your MOS. My AIT was 10 months, so it was more like college than anything. We all had computers and shit. Shorter ones tend to be more strict. Again, this is from an army perspective. Make it through boot and you should be fine. The only hard part is mental.

Current AT here. Stationed at an FRC working on P-3 gear that's slowly being phased out while holding a P-3 comms NEC.

Holy fuck you guys we have a seasoned sailor here.

You're a filthy dirty boot ass wog is what you are user.

You're going to have to keep your laptop and shit with your parents or friends and have them ship it to you after bootcamp.

At A-School you'll be put in a barracks and have a room you'll share with 2-4 other dudes. It'll be like a dorm room. You can have your laptop and internet connection in there. You'll spend your time going to school in the morning and then have the rest of the night off unless you have watch (which is something stupid like standing in front of the podium logging people in and out of the building). You can go out into town on the weekends.

But don't bring shit with you to bootcamp, there isn't anywhere to lock it up during training. You mail everything back home.

>internet connection
>go wifi

You literally strip naked and put everything that was on you in a box and ship it home.

I can't really remember how I got internet, bootcamp was over eight years ago.

STG2 here just got out last year. It's only worth joining if you have nothing going for you in life right now. Expect to be treated like a child in just about every situation. Good times and bad times but the bad outweigh the good. At least you get the GI bill.

Mine had the same feeling. The porterjohns at some no name FOB were better organized. Some people doodled on the wall like we were at middle school again

Navy veteran here-

From 05-09 7th fleet Yokosuka, Japan.

The navy is a giant pissing contest and everything is micromanaged. The officers are shitbags and pussies that deserve to get knocked out.

I'd go officer, I wouldn't do enlisted unless you want to get fucked over everyday and never get any sleep.

Good rate. I worked on P-3 gear at NAS Brunswick but at the AIMD level. Also depot level in Rota, Spain. But nothing can compare to launching a jet off the pointy end of an aircraft carrier.

wow that's changed. when I went to Great Lakes they took all our stuff but they stored it and gave it back on your way to A school. You weren't allowed to take leave between boot and A school either.

gays worked with you?

rape children?

how much your army fellas suicide?

I guess they did change that. I was in before those gay NWUs came out.

When I got to bootcamp I sent everything home. I took a bus to A-School, dumped my shit in my room and met my dad and we went to Chicago to get fucking drunk.

navy veteran lmao

did daddy rape you too much when he came back from war? or was it your granpa the one who raped you fucking little bitc

Navy has the easiest basic. Hardest part is standing around for hours during fake inspections. Work out once a week. Chow is amazing. Spend first two hours of taps shining boots, shooting the shit with other SRs, and ironing. Write letters and visit churches on Sundays. Hang out with the Buddhists, burn some incense. Solute Cpt. Dye wizzing into base on his Ducati. Final exam is take a hard knee for a couple hours, move some boxes, breath some fake smoke, read doors, carry a dummy, watch some vids, feels like you're at Disney world- stay awake for 48, finish BS, guzzle down some energy drinks, eat shitty tacos, a tiny ass pizza or a mangled ass sub and feel like you've never had better food. Head back to your "ship", watch Chappelle show for two weeks. Have a pizza party in chow hall. Big brass stops by to congratulate you and eat an ice cream cone in your face. Ez day.

Graduate. Head to Wildberry's remember what good food tastes like. Hit the train, head over to the "all you can eat and drink sushi" place two stops down. Realize you haven't drank in two months- throw up on the train tracks waiting for the train.

>not just waiting for the surge during the next war so you can get a signing bonus

Nuke isn't all bad. It's a lot of work and definitely isn't for everybody, but whiny entitled children give it a bad name.

Wasn't BS literally made by some contractors who worked at disney?

>there are some people that say navy boot camp was hard

>navy
you must be a faggot lol

if you do, please don't be a punk bitch.

there are quite enough of those already.

What's the best branch/job to get into as a recruit that will get 80+ on the asvab? Is it possible to become a pilot as a recruit?

If you don't know what you are doing in college I'd shoot for NAVY. If you have a solid game plan I'd get a decent degree first then do a stint as an officer.

Sounds right- or universal studios. Feels pretty much the same.

Don't forget to change your pissed pants when they'll send you to fight us.

Don't worry when I send a nuke to Moscow from my cozy sub I'll make sure to think of you. :^)

E tu Russian bro

This dude was never there- he's just regurgitating shit he read on the internet.
"Finals" are a bitch. Many people fall out. They try to drown you, as you repair hull breaches, after you haven't slept in 2 days.

Have to be an officer to be a pilot. That means you need a 4 year degree. They also have a program that will take enlisted, send them to college, then into OCS. Don't know how common that is, so don't get honey dicked. But if you don't mind being enlisted, might be worth trying.

Maybe in the original BS but the modern iteration is a joke. I do like how they thought me to fold and store my socks though.

BS? Google reveals nothing.

From niggerest to least niggerest:

Army
Marine
Navy
National Guard
Airforce

Battle Stations. Capstone training event for NAVY Bootcamp. Super cheesedick.

Thanks.

wait until the president is decided first, maybe you won't have to die for israel as much

Reagan a shit. Nimitz strong.

Instead of joining the shit navy, join the merchant navy.

Become an officer, then a captain, wait until you're in your 30s, then come back onshore and settle down with a big fat salary working for any ship owner you want at an office job.

Captains and chief Engineers NEVER go without a job in an office if they choose to stop sailing, they're in extremely high demand leading Operations & Technical departments of ship owning companies, as well as being generally high-level managers in the company.
Some even become chartering or s&p brokers.

Well I know what degree I want to pursue (at least for now). Also should I consider going to a new recruiter it's been months since I talked to my last one and he wasn't that helpful

Battlestations was funny as fuck. People falling asleep standing up and shit.
Also remember, IYAOYAS

Coast guard > Navy

If it's his laptop and he goes on Sup Forums he probably doesn't want to do that.
I always imagined recruits putting their stuff in storage, it's not horribly expensive.

Recruiters are generally shit as a rule. It would behove you to do your own research. Maybe I can help point you in the right direction. Is there any fields you're particularly interested in? What do you want out of the NAVY? What kind of shape are you in?

>IYAOYAS
Yeah, that's to get people with shitty jobs excited and give them a sense of pride.

Nobody falls out of anything in the Navy.

Most, you get the niggers getting asmo'd till they pass their swim shit. Fatties and girls get stuck in Fit or whatever that shit is where they have to retake PFT.

They don't drown anything. You spend a day at the pool if you're competent. Nobody fucking touches you. Just jump off a high dive and swim to the shallow end of the pool. Then you tread water for a couple minutes. Then you put on some janky ass coveralls and float. I don't even remember that shit because it was over so fast- that's how fucking easy it was. And, the staying up for 48 hours is because- at least in my case we had to wake up around 04, take the final PFT, eat morning chow, go take final written test, might've even had to do final drill test- don't remember, wait around till about 20 or so to get briefed on BS and sign some waivers. Then we did BS which took like 7 hours or so. It was morning by the time we finished. Then we went to the Nex- filled up on junk food, energy drinks, and called home. Then we didn't sleep till that night. You don't fucking not sleep for 48 hrs then do BS you dipshit- you're the one that doesn't know what the fuck you're talking about.

>coast guard has nuke subs

no

I did 6 yrs, Fire Controlman. Stationed on the Nimitz. Got the GI Bill and good electronics training.

The Navy was good for me. Plus, now I have a sweet ass white collar job (video game related) that makes my Navy time stand out, because I am around people who were never in. People hold it in high regard because they know at the very least you can handle normal office bullshit and stress without turning into a goddamn babby.

Wow Paco dat so EDGYYYYYYYYYYY

At least I saw Asia and Australia you asshole, while you jerked off everyday and ate cheetohs and did nothing with your life!!

I'm an AG and it's a great life desu. I came from literally nothing and now I'm in San Diego making about 70k including my housing allowance, which is tax free. Also have gotten a college degree for free, and am going to give my son my GI Bill so his college and living expenses while there will be payed for.

I'm on instructor duty now and work about 30 hours per week. Sea duty for us is cake other than a deployment or two (which isn't really that bad for the money I make)

Oh ya I've done tons of research and I got pretty far along in the recruiting process when I stopped because I got stuck in a weird situation. I scored high enough on my practice asvab to qualify for nuke although I wanted go in as a CTN. I wanted to join the navy to serve my country I just wanted to do my part to help. As of now I am in fine shape and I know the routine to get back to where I was when I was training for the navy. Also thanks for your help man.

Btw I was a gunner's mate and my A-school and fleet LCPO's always made it a point to work us out until we puked. They thought being a gunner's mate was the navy's marine, but all we did was blow trash bags up in the ocean and wait for terrorists with speed boats to come at us.

Not him, but I'm interested in medicine and biology.

>at least

fucking faggot

>so who jerk off everyday?

i dont need to kill ppl to get money, i get money even when i shit in your mouth.

so dont worry about traveling the world, you wont do it, becuase you are a faggot just like daddy who didnt have any peculiar talent, so just join the army like a damm dumb dog who only know how to lick its master dick.

there are dogs in these life, and there ppl. waht are you annon?

the truth is edgy you dumb sperglord.

telling lies on the internet with no proof or timestamp and you hope for someone who will answear? how much of an attention faggot you are?

This

you are so fucking triggered

>be up all night working in the plant
>finally crawl into rack Sunday morning at 4am
>start to fall asleep
>immediately woken up by .50 gunfire ringing throughout the entire ship and the smell of gunpowder
>think we're under attack and start to grab flashgear
>everyone laughs at me because I jumped up
>realize GQ alarm isn't going off and I'm an idiot

AC stationed at NAS Kingsville. Just waiting to get out and go FAA.

build wall dirtface

I got out a few years ago.

Think of your goals in life. What do you want to accomplish? Do you want to learn a trade? Don't join the Navy, get an apprenticeship. I was an electrician in the Navy and you're not going to come out the other side ahead unless you really put in a lot of effort and learn well on your own; and that is between all of your other duties like standing watch. You will highly value your free time and probably fuck off as much as you can.

Also the Navy can take good people and turn them into bad people. I saw a lot of do-gooder types come in and by the time they were leaving they were part of the whole dog and pony show of lying to get ahead, skating off as much as possible, false evals, and just sliding morals in general. If you're married, the temptation to cheat is very high when you've been gone for 6 months and there is whores in many ports and your friends are all about it.

It's a good way to get college money as long as you spend it wisely when you get out. It looks good on job applications. It's a good way to see a lot of really cool places, but you'll have a curfew of midnight so that really fucking sucks.

Also there is a lot of women that flirt and suck dick so they don't have to do any fucking work, and guess who picks up the slack?

>Air Force
>Least Niggerest

CTN is a pretty good rate from what I've heard, sometimes the work is mind numbing but you'll set yourself up for some cool shit after your enlistment. Stick to you guns and refuse to enlist unless they give you a CTN contract. Recruiters/MEPS may try to bullshit you into signing an undes contract because "there aren't any available at the moment". Fuck'em its your career don't let them strong arm you. One thing to keep in mind is that if you ever need a Top Secret/Compartmentalized security clearance you will have to pass a poly-graph which will include pre-service drug use. My advice would be to upfront about pot use but anything other than that keep to yourself and just except that you will never have a top secret clearance. No problem man, happy to help, just pay it forward if you are ever in a position to.

If you are interested in nursing being a bad ass corpman can set you up pretty well for that. If you actually want to be a doctor look into the "Naval Health Professions Scholarship Program", there is some information available on line but you'll probably have to talk to a recruiter to get the real nitty gritty. Keep in mind that there are different recruiting offices to talk to for officer programs.