If you eat nothing but an excessive amount of fast food for an entire month and don't exercise you will gain weight and...

>if you eat nothing but an excessive amount of fast food for an entire month and don't exercise you will gain weight and have health problems

No shit. What exactly was he trying to prove again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-FBV3-pwDk
youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was a flawed way to do the research, but I don't think anybody is advocating for the healthiness of McDonald's.

Nothing. He was trying to make a lot of money by making a psuedo-documentary.

He succeeded in that.

iifym.com blown the FUCK out

He didn't eat anything excessive, he ate 3 meals a day at McDonald's - when he ordered he would not get anything excessive but if the clerk asked him if he wanted to "Super size" something he would say "Yes" but ONLY if they asked and they didn't always ask that.

He'd get a main entree item, a side that went with it (breakfast items at breakfast, lunch and dinner items at dinner), and a soda and again would only "Super size" the order if the clerk asked him if he wanted it.

The point trying to be proven is that if you can't eat the food 3 times a day for 30 days without serious health problems then it's obviously nowhere near as healthy as McDonald's or any other fast food chains would like consumers to believe even in spite of putting up nutritional information.

3 meals a day aka "breakfast lunch and dinner" is actually UNDEREATING but humanity has gotten so used to it over the centuries that it can't change now but it really is an unhealthy habit.

Protip: pay attention next time to the particulars, you moron.

This, He did a obviously unhealthy thing to prove it was unhealthy.

Apparently back then, Americans thought McDonalds was fine cuisine and was okay to have it be a staple of their diet. I think some of them still think that.

>If you can't eat the same shit for every meal of every day it isn't healthy

What since when was that ever a condition for something to be healthy? The advice has always, ALWAYS recommended a varied balanced diet.

>implying it isn't
fuck off eurocuck

mcdonalds are trying to convince consumers that their food is healthy? where you getting that lad?

that is shit?

if you eat nothing but vegetables for a month without exercising you wouldn't have the same problem

but you have to be counter-culture now so yes fast food is the best food around

>He didn't eat anything excessive

3 full meals a day at McDonalds is excessive, even without any supersizing.

>if you eat nothing but vegetables for a month without exercising you wouldn't have the same problem

You would be malnourished. Your body needs other things.

It doesn't help that his girlfirend had him whipped into a vegan diet before this took place. If I suddenly ate nothing but kale and cauliflower I'd get sick too.

Is Super Size Me the most dishonest documentary?

Pic relate, a counter documentary disproving Morgan Spurlock "experiment".

Americans still don't understand that so you have to prove it to them and then when you prove it to them they get mad.

He was trying to prove that fast food establishments don't produce food products that are sustainable or in any way healthy.

He failed, I just ate some nuggets and I grew pecks and biceps.

>He didn't eat anything excessive, he ate 3 meals a day at McDonald's

Americans, ladies and gentlemen

Vegans like to disagree

how is it dishonest? not arguing, genuinely curious. i have never seen it but believe i can understand it completely without seeing it.

shame nobody saw this and mcdonalds stock prices continue to plummet

McDonald's never pretended their food was healthy. They just didn't go out of their way to say it was unhealthy.

The people who eat McDonald's on a regular basis knew it was bad for them. The point of this film was just to show exactly how bad it was. It wasn't a ground-breaking thing. Just pointing out something obvious that people already knew but presenting it in a blunt, direct way.

Vegans don't eat just vegetables.

>Vegans
>not malnourished
pick fucking one.
There's a reason why feeding children a vegan diet is considered child abuse in some countries.

This is true. Vegans also eat cock.

Vegans are often malnourished, and either need to take a concoction of supplements or eat a precisely planned and prepared blend of particular vegetables nuts and legumes to get their intake

being malnourished is healthier than being superfed

First off, vegans are usually malnourished but it's mostly because alternative foods that supply needed protein and nutrients are very fucking expensive to where they can't afford to sustain their lifestyle without becoming an African child.

McDonalds were, that documentary came out in 2004. How old are you?

Who gives a fuck? They deserve it for being piece of shit company. I actually hope there will be even more shitflinging at mickey dees. The Founder was a great start even if it made me crave for those toxic milk shakes

No it isn't? Your body can literally feed off itself if you're fat. I'm not condoning obesity here but a fat person could likely run a 5k marathon and a malnourished person couldn't.

didn't he say he got up to some rediculous calories that would be impossible without supersizeing?

Vegans don't just eat vegetables, in fact, there's a lot of really unhealthy shit that is 100% vegan, like Oreos, potato chips, a lot of candy, many breakfast cereals, sugar, etc.

incorrect, typically the cery overweight and underweight die youngest, and slightly above median weight people live longest

>>if you eat nothing but an excessive amount of fast food for an entire month and don't exercise you will gain weight and have health problems

You'd be surprised how many dumb motherfuckers in this country can't grasp this.

How is McDonalds a piece of shit company?

Most people know it (aside from the genuinely stupid, as opposed to just the uneducated.) They just don't give a fuck.

Are you high? Mcdonalds stocks are some of the highest they've ever been.

>aside from the genuinely stupid
so about 80% of muricans

I still eat there.

Watch

reminder mcdonalds actually changed a lot of their food to be more healthy thanks to this movie, no need to thank him you obese amerifats

>eat nothing but an excessive amount of fast food for an entire month and don't exercise you will gain weight and have health problems
Or your average American's diet

Watch this video:

youtube.com/watch?v=m-FBV3-pwDk

This guy ate nothing but McDonald's for 90 days and he actually lost weight because he was smart with calories and exercising.

>In his reply documentary Fat Head, Tom Naughton "suggests that Spurlock's calorie and fat counts don't add up" and noted Spurlock's refusal to publish the Super Size Me food log. The Houston Chronicle reports: "Unlike Spurlock, Naughton has a page on his Web site that lists every item (including nutritional information) he ate during his fast-food month."[20] The film addresses such objections by highlighting that a part of the reason for Spurlock's deteriorating health was not just the high calorie intake but also the high quantity of sugar relative to vitamins and minerals in the McDonald's menu, which is similar in that regard to the nutritional content of the menus of most other U.S. fast-food chains.[citation needed] About 1/3 of Spurlock's calories came from sugar. His nutritionist, Bridget Bennett, warned him about his excess intake of sugar from "milkshakes and Cokes". It is revealed toward the end of the movie that over the course of the diet, he consumed "over 30 pounds (14 kg) of sugar, and over 12 pounds (5.4 kg) of fat from their food"

Fat Head is a very good watch with Super Size Me

They suck balls and are the mascot for globalist megacorporations. I just don't like them and I hope they will fall and hard.

Except the film lied about how bad it was.

>The point of this film was just to show exactly how bad it was.

I should point out that no one has ever been able to reproduce the results that happened in the documentary.

Not saying McDonalds is healthy(because it's certainly not), but Supersize Me very heavily exaggerated things to the point of flat-out lying at times.

Ironically, he refuses to call people back who asked him about it(when he makes a big song and dance in the movie about how McDonalds refuses to call him back).

>tfw social media shills are even trying to up mcdonalds stock on Sup Forums now

-___-

Though tb h he should do the same experiment with just regular QP homemade patties and regular fries. Like Five Guys vs Mcdonalds

>health is just about how much you weigh

incorrect

this is the dumbest thing I've read in a while, thanks

the kids in the hall parody was funny af

>implying he only lost weight

try watching the youtube video that user linked to.

>What exactly was he trying to prove again?

The thesis of the movie was to prove wrong a statement McDonald's released after being sued by a woman who got fat from eating McDonald's. She claimed she didn't know Mcdonald's would make her fat. Mcdonald's claimed that there's nothing wrong with their food and it can be part of a healthy diet. Morgan tried to prove them wrong by wildly exaggerating their claim and choosing to eat nothing but Mcdonalds.

A bunch of other statistics that correlate to weight do not also count as health.

taking nice normal shits is healthy
smelling normal is healthy
not getting cancer is healthy

>Mcdonald's claimed that there's nothing wrong with their food and it can be part of a healthy diet

How stupid do you have to be to interpret "McDonald's can be part of a healthy diet" as "if you eat nothing but McDonald's for a month you will be healthy"?

Not stupid, just manipulative. Morgan is a shady guy.

We all know it's you, your documentary is shit

How do you get 5,000 calories from "a main entree item, a side that went with it (breakfast items at breakfast, lunch and dinner items at dinner), and a soda and again would only "Super size" the order if the clerk asked him if he wanted it."

>refuses to watch the video
>acts obtuse

His cholesterol dropped down to a healthy level and his blood was described as "good" (no specifics on what that means) by the reporter.

He is a shart in mart

"What part of a chicken looks like a nugget?"
yeah no shit, what part of a fish looks like a stick fucker?
plenty of stupid arguments in this movie

I bet eating only the same healthy food for a month would cause health problems as well

the worst part of the movie was his vegan girlfriend

You literally get over 5000kcal from eating three burgers with fries and a coke before even supersizing.

that's kinda the point
he is getting way too many calories and nowhere near enough nutrients
the point is that we live in the age where ton of people exist who are overweight but malnourished and that's all sorts of fucked up

Looks like Bob Odenkirk hit a new low

15 and you just played that flash game put out by PETA?

See you in a month baby

No you don't.

test

Yes you do. Grand Mac, large fries and large coke are 5010kcal.

Sure they are. You know talking shit doesn't work anymore with the Internet to fact check?

The real interesting thing is how McDonald's handled the fallout from this piece of shit film. I knew this movie smelled like shit when I was a kid and they showed it to us in health class, I just didn't have the vocabulary or knowledge to articulate why.

Defo not in europe but sure as shit in the US, where a large coke is like a gallon.

He wasn't order a grand mac, large fries, and large coke 3 times a day. That's against his own rules. Nor did I claim that's what he did.

And now multiply it by three which is what we were talking about.

What a comfy movie

Why the fuck would anyone care how many calories you get from eating 3 fucking burgers? Are you a fucking mental midget?

Here's an important fact, did you know if you ate 129 oranges that would also be 5010 calories? Fucking disgusting orange orchards making people fat

>Why the fuck would anyone care how many calories you get from eating 3 fucking burgers?
Because that's what he ate in the movie that this thread is about and that's what we were talking about. How fucking retarded you are.

>this generation has become so dense they can't even understand this movie
I'm giving up hope. I went to a rock show and all the bands played twenty minute sets. Why? Because modern audiences don't have the attention span for 30 or 40 minutes of one band.

Probably this post was too long as well.

>Because that's what he ate in the movie

It's not. He ate breakfast at breakfast time, and he ate every menu on the item at least once. He didn't not the most calorie intensive items on the menu 3 times a day everyday. Pay attention to the movie better next time.

Breakfast burgers at breakfast time and normal burgers at normal time which makes three burgers a day, I never claimed he ate the biggest thing every time.

>breakfast burgers

Aren't on the breakfast menu

> I never claimed he ate the biggest thing every time.

Then why did you give me the biggest thing on the menu 3 times a day when I asked for "5000 calories from a main entree item, a side that went with it (breakfast items at breakfast, lunch and dinner items at dinner), and a soda and again would only "Super size" the order if the clerk asked him if he wanted it.""

He didn't.
He tried to get McDonald's to actually say that people shouldnt eat there ALL that muh

"This is addictive!"
>vomits after eating
>sats he can't wait to go back to a normal diet

Doesn't sound very fucking addictive, Spurlock.

>3 meals a day aka "breakfast lunch and dinner" is actually UNDEREATING but humanity has gotten so used to it over the centuries that it can't change now but it really is an unhealthy habit.

3 large meals a day is a bad habit.

If you're trying to get /fit/ you switch to 5 smaller meals. Keep your metabolism going all day.

Great movie

It's a faggot capitalizing on health obsession and McDonald hate

The funniest part of the movie is that he isn't even in bad shape at the end of the movie and straight up lied

He was trying to make the point that if you make every meal a McDonalds meal, then you will have health problems.

IIRC, someone said that if he actually did this he would be fine, so for drama, he ate MORE then one McDonalds meal per mealtime, so he could get extra fat in time for the deadline.

This was good. I recommend it.

youtube.com/watch?v=v8WA5wcaHp4

I had a grand mac yesterday

It was okay

>"A consensus chould have beeen reached many replies ago, but I must endure, he must not win, he is the anti-me and I am RIGHT!"

The thing I hate about this movie is that it convinced millions of impressionable young americans that as long as they don't eat fast food, they're healthy.

Complete bullshit.

If you don't exercise and constantly eat in between meals, then you will get fat. Whether fast food is a part of your diet or not makes no difference.

>that decieving intro

Let's just ignore that heart disease is such a big problem because we've gotten rid of all the various nasty ways in which we can die and the average life expectancy more than doubled since the hunter gatherers

Not as long as Michael Moore has anything to say about it.

Vegans that just eat vegetables are malnourished.

Probably the biggest thing is that, as mentioned earlier, no one has ever been able to reproduce the results to the extremes Supersize Me showed.

Not for like of trying. People have been redoing his experiment since it came out, and I wouldn't be surprised if people still are though I can't say for sure, and no one has ever gotten the same results while still following the rules he claimed to follow in that short amount of time.

tfw every time I see curves i want to differentiate them