What the fuck did I JUST watch? My mind can't comprehend such kino t b h

What the fuck did I JUST watch? My mind can't comprehend such kino t b h.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oecHq2neweA
youtube.com/watch?v=DGkyDSM-JFc&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I know it. I feel it. And you will say it!
>You will say it!
>You will say it!
>You will say it!
>You will say it!
>You will say it!
>fumbling with lighter intensifies

all the cardinals ended up being likeable
I still feel bad for the guy who got his hands fucked up by the cold

Yeah that was an undeserving punishment 2bh

Voiello especially had a great arc, from underhanded political schemer to precious little cutie-pie

Another thread of retarded fanboys that can't explain why this series is good to save their lives shitting on anyone that sees this trash for what it is: trash

It makes Mad Men look like Breaking Bad. And that's coming from a lifelong atheist.

Mate I don't have to explain "why it's good." You watched it and you didn't like it, that's your taste. Or you didn't watch it, and you're just a screaming idiot who doesn't like when other people have fun. Either way, I'm not gonna type up an essay about this show for you.

Memes aside though, it might actually be the best television show I've ever seen. You're missing out

The lukewarm reception by critics and on shitty message boards everywhere has only solidified that this show is easily the best television of the past year and one of HBO's all time greats.

What have we forgotten Sup Forums?

Aka everyone else hates it so we can like it for now.

Can't wait for season 2 to read all the Young Pope sucks threads.

It probably will suck if they do a second season. The ending was perfect. I don't really know where they could go with Lenny's character from there, even if it wasn't really a heart attack

I think finding out what happened to Tonino and why Voiello feels so much guilt over it could be a nice starting point for season two. As long as Sorrentino stays as involved as he was with the first season, it should be good.

Yeah, at least Lenny seemed to regret it by the end

Spencer too had an interesting arc

My point was that in this cultural wasteland where no one takes the time to actually think critically and most reviews are excuses to espouse upon political viewpoints, demonstrate the reviewers worth, or maximize clicks, a genuinely challenging show that requires more than a modicum of thought to understand will be reviled or cast aside for the next pre-packaged talking point.

>why Voiello feels so much guilt
I kinda thought he was goofing around a bit, the way he was talking about it to the disabled boy. It seemed like he was kind of stringing the kid along with the IDEA that they did something criminal-ish, but the tone in his voice was more playful than guilty.

The whole Tonino storyline was pretty funny to me, especially the way they all showed up to threaten him knowing that nobody would believe him. His "sin" wasn't that bad, he was more ridiculous than anything. If they actually did something to him, I'd guess it was more along the lines of a prank than a murder.

I don't remember, why had him been sent to Alaska?

Talked shit about his momfu

That's the whole point of the show, try and figure it out.

I don't even remember the actual reason, but I think at that point, he just wanted to exile SOMEONE to show the other cardinals he wasn't fucking around.

nice contrarianism bro I bet you voted for trump

he implied Sister Mary was the one in charge of the papacy

what do you mean?

Alright you dumb faggot. It's beautifully shot, the characters are fantastic and all undergo serious development. The music is perfect, the atmosphere is warm and comfy. It touches a number of themes: the question of faith, overcoming personal shortcomings, that power can purify just as well as it corrupt.

go be a faggot somewhere else.

And I bet you can't think beyond prescribed ideologies to the point where you still think politics matters.

Ozolins' reaction to his exile in the final episode is a microcosm of the themes of the entire show.

HALF EMPTY
HALF FULL
CUP RUNNETH OVER

youtube.com/watch?v=oecHq2neweA

if our rational side cant fully explain something and yet we find it meaningful its because it resonates with archetypes our unconscious knows

>Lord, we must talk about this thread. Now.

SHADILAY

>Jeb.jpg

>Please clap. You must. You must. You must. You must.

that picture gave me cancer, holy fuck

>young pope isn't about trump it's about the guac man

Straightforward from here!
1. Trump exhausted by constant attacks retires
2. Pence returns to Indiana to begin construction on "that"
3. Constitutional crisis
4. ????
5. President Jeb!

Will there be a season 2?

Also posting my favorite part from the series
youtube.com/watch?v=DGkyDSM-JFc&t=1s

There should be no season 2. Anymore of The Young Pope would merely be... Exhibitionism.

It was a perfectly shot mini-series. My only complaint is that certain scenes drag too long only to draw out the beauty of the locations that they are filming, and that the Cardinal's Rape and murder is never resolved. It's a 9.5/10 and the best thing I've seen on television in over ten years.

>I am not going to resign, Jeb, get used to it. I am the President, and I am going to remain the President until the day I die.

>the Cardinal's Rape and murder is never resolved
This really sticks out, but there's a lot of strange stuff going on in that final episode. I kinda want to watch the series again to see if the ending makes more sense

Logan's Loop is actually what plays throughout most of the season.

>HBO Nordic doesn't have this in their selection
What the fuck am I paying for