Why is College football so much better than the NFL?

why is College football so much better than the NFL?

Because your parents are also each others' cousin

That only explains his love of handegg, not which version he likes.

>Run ball
>Run ball
>Run ball
>Deep pass (Dropped)
>Missed field goal

Yeah this sure is the best iteration of this sport! Wow! So much fun!

there's over a hundred teams
lot of bad programs for the good ones to beat
easy to have a team that's good every year

More passion. More teams. You can afford to go to the games. You can have a team for your home town

>NFL
>run ball for one yard
>run ball no gain
>screen pass for two yards
>punt
>niggers fight
>commercial
>commercial
>commercial
>commercial

Kneels

NFL is for plebs and customers who don't know anything about what's going on. 90% of NFL """fans""" only watch so they can update their fantasy team and have something to talk about with their coworkers.

>niggers fight

>more passion

epic meme

The rivalries are imbedded in actual hatred and not forced media hype for ratings, also no nigger kneeling.

because the NFL has gone to complete shit

>also no nigger kneeling.

Instead you have interracial breeding grounds. How many times do we have to see the star RB or WR with his white fiance in the stands or some story about a group of guys running train on some dumb white girl?

>autism

parity, meme plays, constant underdog upsets, less commercials, better rivalries

>be nfl
>nobody wants to watch you anyways
>stadiums empty
>players are too stupid to realize they won't get their million dollar paychecks if there are no fans

>parity
'no' the colleges with the best recruits can snag all the best players

>watching amateurs playing littlw to no defense with blowouts win 60 - 0
>or 60 - 54
Nah

Every week is important, you can't fuck up the first half of the season and make a come back. If you lose one game (and you aren't Alabama, OK, OSU, or an SEC school) you are most likely done.

Makes for exciting games every week along with the fact that there are 100+ teams, the odds of a great game are high.

primetime ncaa games go over 4 hours dude

Time flies by when the games are axtually entertaining unlike their professional counterpart.

>NFL team takes a 13-0 lead in the second quarter
>immediately packs it in and plays conservative the rest of the game

college football is amazing. it's easily america's best sporting spectacle with the history, genuine rivalries and colorful traditions. the nfl doesn't have any of that desu. it just feels stale and plastic.

>game can go over 4 hours

Ok and? There’s more gameplay in an hour of college than in an entire day of NFL games. When they aren’t kneeling, fighting, nigger colliding and mumbling post game press conferences what the fuck at they doing? Run for no yards, penalty penalty penalty penalty run for o yards penalty, collide with more niggers. This is what happens when you have zoo animals playing a children’s game

it was invented by men for men you moron, at UNIVERSITIES not interracial breeding grounds in the deep south where niggers (don't) go to school for free

>If you lose one game (and you aren't Alabama, OK, OSU, or an SEC school) you are most likely done.
this is actually an improvement in choosing a champion

AUBURN IS GONNA WIN THE FOOTBALL GAME !

tradition
pageantry
charm
unpredictable
bigger underdogs
closer connection to teams
more history

obviously it sacrifices quality of play

you shouldn't watch sports.

>closer connection to teams
which ncaa div1 school did you go to?

FUCK YOU GRIFFITH

It's not, college football doesn't even have competent defense.

lol

notre dame

it's not. your college tuition is expensive because of student athletics (one of the reasons).

Honest question here: how can flyovers unironically care about college football when they're not actually attending? Even when I was in school I could barely bring myself to watch games even though my team was ranked the entire time. Please, one of your lardos enlighten me on this.

ou college tuition would not be nearly as expensive if
A) Universities got rid of all arts, humanities, and social sciences besides economics
B) Congress privatized all student loans and abolished FAFSA and
C) Eliminated Title IX and all sports that aren’t profitable (all except football and men’s basketball)

Athletics are fine, but there's honestly no good reason sports scholarships still exist. Get rid of that shit and let student athletes make money off their name if they want.

imagine having this, but on a global scale
welcome to soccer

>mfw went to comfy FCS level school and played for the team my sophomore year

Here's a fun story about my "playing career". I was a good punter in high school, didn't get any offers and didn't have any assumptions of going to a big school or pro, just was something to do. I poked around at my college over the summer. It was the kind of team, like high school, where basically if you showed up for practice and didn't screw around you could be on the team, just wouldn't be guaranteed any playing time. Being a fourth string or whatever punter wasn't real appealing, so I asked the coach what my odds were of actually playing. He said they had a good punter that was a sophomore at the time and was going to start the rest of his career there, and he was better than I was, so I didn't bother joining the team.

>flash forward a year

Watching the game in the stadium. Punter gets blown up on a block attempt and gets concussed. He's actually the only P listed on the roster, so I ask the ST coach the next day if they need someone, or if they were just going to have someone drop back and boot it at random. He asks me to shake off the rust and come back tomorrow. I do that, impress him enough that he says if I can outkick the guy who was their designated backup, I can start the next Saturday. I take my physical, etc, show up at practice, and the other guy, some linebacker, says his back hurts and he doesn't feel like doing it, so bam, I'm the spot starter for the weekend. con't

What country were you born in?

>colleges and universities should rid of all arts, humanities, and social sciences besides economics

Nice larp

Because you aren't forced to watch all the bad teams every weekend.

You kind of are if you want to watch more than the one or two actual good matchups per weekend.

because of:
>style of play where teams throw down field
>players are more hungry
>more rivalries
most of all:
>one loss matters more

But when I watch college football I can watch every important game. Fs1, fox, espn 1 and 2, cbs , abc and even on the other channels from 12-10. nfl is 1 game on cbs and the other on fox with an nbc night game and every single one has a high probability of being two shit teams.

Im a fan of the bears, but don't make them one of the 3 teams I see play every sunday. Give me the good games

con't
It's another home game against a so-so school. They're not ranked and neither are we. Shit's weird, but it's not like I'm the starting QB or anything, and my only job is to punt the ball, there aren't any trick plays drawn up or anything. I punt a couple of times, only one that was a real bomb. Only get one chance in the second half, and it's a fucking awful snap, I mean, not even close, it's a ground ball way off to my right, so oh shit, this is not good. I run after it, but the protector gets to the ball before me and starts trying to make a play. Kind of a relief because I honestly had no desire to be a hero and get blown the fuck up trying to run or pass the ball. I give him a useless block and he winds up back at the line of scrimmage.

Coach gets nervous and doesn't want me back there anymore. Only punt in the rest of the game is a quick kick from the QB and he dinks it over the line for like ten yards. So, okay, had some fun, but the starter that we had was clearly better and I'm not going to be doing this anymore.

Game ends. We lose by a score. Everyone does the handshake thing on the field, so I search out the other team punter, who was this fucking midget looking guido with a neck roll in his pads. I go "hey man, good game", and he goes "wipe my ass, you fuck." I wish I would have laughed, I was just kind of stunned because he's just a mid-level mid-school punter, so I don't know what his problem is.

I chat with our starter after the game, who was watching from the sideline in street clothes, and tell him about the other team's punter. The starter tells me that he told him the exact same thing in their game the year before.

So it's not necessarily a great story, but it's a little slice and I got to say that I played college ball. I'm gonna research that other dickwad and see whatever happened to him. Guessing he's not in the pros.

>Im a fan of the bears, but don't make them one of the 3 teams I see play every sunday. Give me the good games
So you claim to be a Bears fan and ... you don't actually watch their games even if you think there's a better game on at the same time? Dude. Is this how all college football fans operate?

Have you seen the Bears play?

desu it's because it has a shitton more tradition, players play with alot more passion, it isn't as commercialized or politicized as pro sports, and on top of that games are just more exciting
>hurr durr they play no defense
7-3 games are boring as fuck. QB duels and close offensive battles are what makes football fun. It's true though that cfb has an extreme lack of parity. NFL may be more balanced, but cmon teams like the browns. the bills. or the lions are always dumpster fire every season. Only 5 teams every year have the chance at winning the SB. college football's top teams are atleast fun to follow and speculating rankings and playoff teams also make the sport more exciting

ayy I currently live in Dillon

Im not that huge of an nfl fan and I just don't give a fuck about inconsequential games. I can follow it some other way if I really feel the need.

Why the fuck would I wanna watch the bears ad the browns shit it up when there is actually good football being played somewhere else?

I mean that's fine, there's no right or wrong way to enjoy watching sports. But it certainly explains why some college fans above have the misconception that they have a closer connection to their team. Maybe it's because where I'm from, but I the pro fans I know invest a lot more time, money, and emotion into their team than the college fans.

Are you talking about unaffiliated with their team besides location?

I thought it was interesting, thanks.

Yes. Watching kids play for a team they don't even care about and are required to be on simply as a stepping stone to hopefully making the pros.

If they didn't go to that school I don't think there is any reason to care. As a Bulldog I know there are a lot of fans that didn't go here though.

NOTRE DAME IS GOD'S HANDEGGG

Wisconsin

it's actually headed that way. College is turning more into a technical school because people only go and get into massive debt so they can earn back some money (humanities and liberal arts are worthless degrees in that aspect). I would go a step further and get rid of all general education classes just like Europe does. Just take the classes that pertain to your major and nothing else. Would save students massive amounts of dough.

only 2 college sports programs in the entire country actually make money the rest run at a deficit. Not one college sport is profitable. The fact that the fucking football coaches are the highest paid state employees in every state shows you what a fucking joke college sports actually are

Depends what you mean by "college football."

College ball has way to many games that are schedule padding for elite teams and are just bad football.

College football also includes things a lot of schools that field crappy-ass teams.

But if you limit it to just talking about the games between good teams, then maybe you have a case.

outside of andy reid in the playoffs that doesn't happen and you know it

nice read. good shit m8

Ducking this. I'm in for a reason, I don't need to waste a whole ducking year taking International Relations or Psychology.

>"wipe my ass, you fuck."

Literally this. Most games are straight up garbage bad football. Most college fucks just can't get over their weird ass love for the school. Like bro get your degree and go on with your life

What is last Super Bowl.

>ynr iowa

Genuine tears of joy or despair.

fuck you NCAA cucks FUCK YOU

It's appealing to white rednecks with a genetic lineage less diverse than the Hasburg family of medieval times.

>parity

is this a fucking joke? lol

thanks for your "welcome", but I already follow soccer. its annoying, smug faggots from wisconsin who think they are more worldly and knowledgable than they actually are that make it less enjoyable for me.

>lol u go to college you aren't allowed to like that football
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEE

>tfw going to student section for homecoming next week
can't wait to lift qts

This. Nothing passed me off worse than having to take general education classes the first half of freshman year that basically went over the shit I had learned in Jr and Sr year of high school because I was from out of state. I tested out of all of them but one math so I spent half a year with one class just waiting to start my major.

Did I get a refund for those classes either? Fuck no

>he supports a college team (any sport) of a college he didn't go to
>he supports a college team of a college he didn't go to in a state he didn't live in

nobody does this

that is a lie and you fucking know it

see: Duke fans

also Notre Dame

I've lived in LA my whole life, every UCLA fan is also a ND fan because they are pathetic

well California is just pathetic in general so thats no surprise

Notre Dame is excusable. All Catholics have a calling to support the One True Church in all her exploits

He doesn't care if your football team wins

heresy: the post

>Saturday > Sunday
>More meme offenses instead of every team running the same playbook
>Fans are more passionate, more of a party atmosphere than a corporate atmosphere
>Pageantry, tradition, and rivalries are all better

high school football is better than the NFL. its not hard to be better than the NFL. that doesn't mean college football is good. just less shitty.

>catholic school
>not supporting BC

absolutely heresy

Colleges still play handegg. NFL is just kneeling in a field like a lazy cottonpicker when the overseer's back is turned.

disgusting

>mfw a college football fan is such a retarded sister-fucking mongoloid he thinks that the athletes actually "care about" the college and not using it to get to the pros
>mfw a college football fan is such a retarded sister-fucking mongoloid, he doesn't give a fuck that every single athlete is completely exploited, with their health and lives being put in jeopardy to earn nothing but the college and the corrupt NCAA millions, billions of dollars, they think the players care more about the school, yet if the players did get angry about this and tried to change it, they would call them a bunch of spear chucking no good nigger coons who should be happy they get what they get
>mfw a college football fan is such a retarded sister-fucking mongoloid he thinks that because there are a few good games out of the 150 games a weekend that it means college football is so exciting with so many upsets
>mfw a college football fan is such a retarded sister-fucking mongoloid he thinks that games with no defense where the kids just fuck up time after time and one team wins by fucking up less is a superior form of football than the NFL with the best players and the best coaching that results in, generally, teams all being at a similar level so there aren't too many ultra good or ultra bad teams
>mfw a college football fan is such a retarded sister-fucking mongoloid he thinks that the same big name colleges winning everything every fucking year because they have the ability to illegally pay their players is "excitement"
>mfw a college football fan is such a retarded sister-fucking mongoloid he thinks that the one "big rivalry" game his team plays against another school has such pageantry and history

The only thing college football is for is to give the rednecks who watch it something to do in the refractory periods between cumming inside their sisters, mothers, aunts and female cousins

>that feel when you live in an area that literally stops everything everything for a rivalry game when 80% of the people watching didn't attend either school.
>That feel when you tell them their rivalry sucks and it doesn't matter they get all butthurt
>That feel when they actually try to force you to pick one team or the other every year otherwise you're considered a douche even though you're the onlynsane one
>That feel when you bring up the fact that the truly best rivalries are the ones that are in state and "Border Wars" can suck a sick but they bring up some made up "war" where one drunk state militia shot someone on the other state's drunk militia
>That feel when they say this game is a representation of said "war"

Guess what arm pit I'm stuck in currently

Move out of Missouri or Kansas user.

why do you smug liberals enjoy making fun of rednecks for incest and religiousity but turn a blind eye to black americans and overseas muslims who commit the same things? You guys are nothing but pussys who go after the lowest hanging fruit.

>soccer
You still have to have a good sport